Ripper Street BBC1

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

donna255

ShoppingTelly Supporter
So anyone who watched, what did you think?

A number on DS hated it after only 10 minutes watching. Complaints about the sound quality.

Have to say I had no problem following what was going on and the sound.

Not sure if people expected it to be a hunt for Jack The Ripper? I watched an interview with the stars and knew it wasn't.

Slow burner, but I can handle this style. I found it interesting and will be watching next week.

Jury is still out. I read a lot of Victorian detective stuff. Definite link to Sergeant Cribb with the boxing from Peter Lovesy. Need an explanation for the woman in the Inspector's home. Did it say who she is?

It is growing on me. With his new cutting room it's a becoming like a 'Law and Order' or 'Body of Proof' from the Victorian era. Bit of typecasting having the villain a scouser. Did they use that word then?

Very much a slow burn but this has turned out to be really good. Just watched the last in the series. Really good episode. Hope they commission another series although I think we may now have uncovered all the back stories for the main characters. Particularly impressed with Jerome Flynn. I barely recognised him but his character portrayal was very good and he worked the "silent strong man" angle really well.

I watched the first few Frazzled, but I just couldn't take to it and apparently it got more violent as it progressed so I'm glad I opted out. There was mention of a horse being murdered at one point so not for me thank you:(

I have lurked for ages, however I thought today I would have my say regarding Ripper Street. At first I too was unsure, but as I watched each episode and became familiar with the characters and their continuing storylines I found I was enjoying the series more and more and now hope there will be a second series in the offing.

I though it was really good as well. Perhaps not for the faint hearted, but intelligently written and I thought the period was captured very convincingly.

Latest posts

Back