Halogen Oven Prices

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
So IW had two halogen ovens in there "sale" the 7lt one at £39.99 reduced from £69.99 and the 11lt Digital halogen oven at £59.99 reduced from £64.99, Do they actually think we were born yesterday, so the much smaller halogen oven which was not digital had a higher original price than the larger digital version. Sorry ideal world you really need to sort ur prices out.

I've been keeping an eye on the 7l halogen oven price as I was considering it as a friend's Christmas present. For most of December it was £42.99 (with 3 easypays), then was reduced to £39.99 (with 2 easypays.) it's never, to my knowledge, been sold on air at £69.99. The sale price (amd it's POTD price) is no reduction at all.

Check on ebay there are many brand new cookshop halogen ovens for less money than IW charge

Suprised to see them available on eBay as Cookshop is one of Ideal's own brands... I have to admit I ordered the 11 litre on the 23rd December! Quite happy to say it arrived on Wednesday and seems a nice sturdy bit of kit with lots of extra trays. Good results so far, I can't see the 7 litre being much use for many people, I'm only cooking for myself and can fill a layer just for myself...

I think some of the cookshop 'new' ones on the bay are customer returns. Some QVC kitchen items are similarly sold. Makes me laugh when the seller states they are 'demos'. Reading the seller feedback, some customers are lucky with their purchase, some report they are dirty, yuck.

I've been considering a 7l halogen as a replacement for my standard Remoska and have done a fair bit of browsing looking for the best model and price, and whilst they don't have hinged lids like the IW ones, those from Andrew James are cheaper, and more importantly, you can get replacement bulbs. The rave reviews on Amazon for the product and the AJ customer service say it all compared to other models out there.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the IW claims about hinged lids. I've had both types and was never concerned about the safety of the separate lid. I'd cetainly prefer one with a provided stand for the lid however.

Morrisons have halogen ovens for £24 atm reduced from £39. Not hinged lids but great price, i got mine from there last year for £29.99, If im honest i would prefer one with a hinged lid as sometimes trying to get a hot lid on a stand isnt that easy however it does the job it meant to do.

I've just noticed that the 11l model is back on the IW website at £99. They're obviously preparing a before price for one of their great (non-)reductions

You shouldn't have to pay more than £30 for one of these unless you want the hinged lid. Absolutely no need to have a digital version either. I got a great one in costco for £30 , love it. Have to say though that they always say these are better for older people for safety reasons but I disagree as they are fairly heavy and you have to be careful manoeuvring things about when cooking. Also it's not really self clean if you want to do a good job.

Also would agree, can't imagine 7l being very useful, would limit your cooking options. Tried baking in mine but that was really my only failure. Roast dinners fab.

Latest posts

Back