PDA

View Full Version : Nicola George tops it off! A new 2013 technique!

Bennyxp
01-01-2013, 08:33 PM
Now it isn't a case of "If you don't buy this, your life is doomed" it's a case of "You have to multibuy or you'll die!"

Nicola selling mattress protector "You should buy 2 for each bed you have, so you can have one on the bed whilst one is in the wash, becuase did you know, you can die in your own sweat?"

Seriously, how low can they get?

Flying Pigs
01-01-2013, 08:34 PM
Was she serious?

Bennyxp
01-01-2013, 08:36 PM
In the same tone as she usually talks. Didn't sound like she was joking. Anything for extra sales!

Flying Pigs
01-01-2013, 08:37 PM
Found this when I googled it. 'It is possible to drown in your own respiratory secretions, but not in your own sweat since sweat is on the outside of the body, and it evaporates fairly quickly, even on a humid day.'

Bennyxp
01-01-2013, 08:40 PM
8552 Who wouldn't trust this innocent face? :giggle:

Paul_s
01-01-2013, 08:41 PM
Now it isn't a case of "If you don't buy this, your life is doomed" it's a case of "You have to multibuy or you'll die!"

Nicola selling mattress protector "You should buy 2 for each bed you have, so you can have one on the bed whilst one is in the wash, becuase did you know, you can die in your own sweat?"

Seriously, how low can they get?

Do you really need to change them that often between washes? :giggle:

Can't stand the woman. Atrocious presenter who needs locking up ASAP!

Flying Pigs
01-01-2013, 08:44 PM
Perhaps she could demonstrate this live with a 'this is me about to drown in my own sweat' test... Mm, perhaps not!

newtobid
01-01-2013, 08:59 PM
this soup maker

she has just said and i quote

"this is the lowest price I have EVER sold it at"

this my friends is a blatant lie

Greg
01-01-2013, 09:21 PM
Ridiculous sales pitches. :headbang:

Enigma
02-01-2013, 09:29 AM
I thought this woman preferred it topLESS?

:dull:

petpixie
02-01-2013, 10:33 AM
I always found her vaguely unsavoury and since seeing her alter ego Lola, I know why. She comes across as hard as nails and 'it's all about me' and the meaning of the word truth seems to be completely alien to her. I feel she would sell her soul to further her career or make a quick buck.

Price Plunge
02-01-2013, 10:48 AM
Found it easy to get confused between Sally Jaxx and Nicola George for some reason, but the former can be occasionally fun to watch (keep the volume low!) whilst the latter can be downright unpleasant.

merryone
02-01-2013, 11:42 AM
I can't take to Nicola George either, I know she's pilloried for her peculiar looks, and strange accent, both not her fault, but for some reason get right on my nerves and make it easier for me to find faults with her presenting skills, however it's not that hard as it does appear she's a seasoned bullshi**er and on par with Caroline Lyndsay on that score. Caroline's another one I don't quite trust, that false "rictus" smile she puts on says it all, I've noticed that she's started to do another smile as well, like a really spoiled madam who's just thrown a tantrum, but Daddy's walked in so she quickly smiles serenly...it all says "false" to me! Sally Jacks can be a bit annoying, loud and bossy, but I dunno, she seems like she's probably a very nice lass, wheras I'm not so sure with the other two I've mentioned.

The female presenters I do like, but sadly seemed to have jumped onto the BS bandwagon lately are Sophie and Andrea, also like Charlotte who's not on very often.

Wirral70
02-01-2013, 02:09 PM
Did anyone see Nicola George selling the Cheatin Liars watches last night? She was comparing them to Skagen and without even flinching said she had bought her BF's Mum a Skagen for christmas and insisted it's just like a Lars but they cost much more.

I guess it sort of begs the obvious question 'Nicola, why didn't you buy her a Christin Lars then?'

The cynic in me kind of knows the answer.

Mommabear
02-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Did anyone see Nicola George selling the Cheatin Liars watches last night? She was comparing them to Skagen and without even flinching said she had bought her BF's Mum a Skagen for christmas and insisted it's just like a Lars but they cost much more.

I guess it sort of begs the obvious question 'Nicola, why didn't you buy her a Christin Lars then?'

Yes I saw her. I'm watching her now and she's mentioned good old Valentines Day while selling a gold plated cz trilogy ring. How fabulous to receive that cos cz's aren't cheap you know.

Wirral70
02-01-2013, 02:27 PM
Yes I saw her. I'm watching her now and she's mentioned good old Valentines Day while selling a gold plated cz trilogy ring. How fabulous to receive that cos cz's aren't cheap you know.

Indeed Momma, and don't forget you cannot tell the difference between them and diamonds either!

Mommabear
02-01-2013, 02:36 PM
She's selling a 3 bracelet and she bought one similar for her friend at Christmas and it was just under 30

The only thing I've heard her say she's bought off Bid is two packs of sports bras!

Mommabear
02-01-2013, 02:51 PM
Yeh Momma, for people who present on the "UK's largest discount channel" they certainly come across as shite shoppers don't they? Mike Mason has to take the crown for what he spends elsewhere tho' I think.

The only thing I've heard him buy off Bid is the telescope, I think.......

Mommabear
02-01-2013, 03:02 PM
She reckons it costs 12 for a watch battery :rolleyes:

Enigma
02-01-2013, 03:46 PM
She reckons it costs 12 for a watch battery :rolleyes:

If you bought it from Bid, and ordered it over the phone then yes.

Woosie
02-01-2013, 03:51 PM
Mikey Mason was one of the lucky few to get hold of the extremely rare Yarvik tablet - his Lady/Goddess loves it apparently. Wonder how many have been returned after Christmas?

deanos
02-01-2013, 03:59 PM
Mikey Mason was one of the lucky few to get hold of the extremely rare Yarvik tablet - his Lady/Goddess loves it apparently. Wonder how many have been returned after Christmas?

Quite a few , Bid are selling 61 of them on Ebay at the moment, they constantly have them for sale

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/oceantreetrading_W0QQLHQ5fSellerWithStoreZ1QQ_sasi Z1QQ_sidZ937110786?LH_TitleDesc=1&_nkw=yarvik

You can pick one up cheaply if you time it right on Ebay

Enigma
02-01-2013, 04:08 PM
Quite a few , Bid are selling 61 of them on Ebay at the moment, they constantly have them for sale

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/oceantreetrading_W0QQLHQ5fSellerWithStoreZ1QQ_sasi Z1QQ_sidZ937110786?LH_TitleDesc=1&_nkw=yarvik

You can pick one up cheaply if you time it right on Ebay

But WHY would you?

Woosie
02-01-2013, 04:11 PM
Some are virtually half the price they were being sold at prior to Christmas and free P & P although they have already covered these costs with the 7.99 they charged originally.

Enigma
02-01-2013, 04:13 PM
Some are virtually half the price they were being sold at prior to Christmas and free P & P although they have already covered these costs with the 7.99 they charged originally.

Yes, but if they were any good would they have been returned?

Mommabear
02-01-2013, 04:16 PM
She's on now with Peter Sherlock and apparently they are not allowed to say the word Cellulite................although they have said it a number of times at the start to say they can't say it.......confused? It's now known as orange peel

deanos
02-01-2013, 04:16 PM
But WHY would you?

why not, they are still good tablets, seen them go for around 100

Woosie
02-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Oh Jeez flicked over & they've got another product from Skin Pharmacy. Out of interest I peeked at the Skin Pharmacy website and their "about" page has an entre
2 & 1/2 lines about their range, WOW! No phone number & their web address ends not with .com but .tv yet I don't recall them being a tv channel do you?
Looks like someone's mocked up a site in a couple of hours to substantiate the suppesed RRP extortionate prices on there. I can't see Transform selling it any time soon lol!

Is it the product that fixes cellulite although for some unknown reason they can't mention the word 'cellulite' as it's not a proven medical condition?! Nearly choked when Pete mentioned that with Caroline earlier!

Bennyxp
02-01-2013, 04:52 PM

Yeah I heard her...she said

"I'm not going to put any brands down, but I saw a watch for 2,000 and that has an automatic movememnt like this, and it wasn't smothered in doamonds or a solid gold strap... essentially you are paying for the brand."

It's like saying why buy from X when you can go to Y and get a similar design top for 10x less? I think she answered her own question (even though it wasn't a question) ;)

Enigma
02-01-2013, 05:00 PM
Yeah I heard her...she said

"I'm not going to put any brands down, but I saw a watch for 2,000 and that has an automatic movememnt like this, and it wasn't smothered in doamonds or a solid gold strap... essentially you are paying for the brand."

It's like saying why buy from X when you can go to Y and get a similar design top for 10x less? I think she answered her own question (even though it wasn't a question) ;)

What she's saying to viewers is "I'm telling you to buy this cheap item, but given the choice I'd rather invest my cash in a proven brand name. No matter what the cost"

Is *do as I say, not as I do* the most effective sales technique Bid can come up with?

Enigma
02-01-2013, 05:07 PM
why not, they are still good tablets, seen them go for around 100

Something can't be right then, if the "must have gadget of the season" is getting returned after being sold at such a great price.

deanos
02-01-2013, 05:21 PM
Something can't be right then, if the "must have gadget of the season" is getting returned after being sold at such a great price.

the 200 bid price isn't good, but the 100 ebay price certainly is

newtobid
02-01-2013, 09:07 PM
agreed

the 200 bid price was a bit pricey but not awful

the 100 ebay price is more than fair infact i have been trying to pick one up as despite the ribbing they get on here for there level they are a more than decent tablet

Wirral70
23-01-2013, 05:40 PM
Did anyone see the lovely Nicola selling the Yarvik 7" tablet this afternoon (which actually seems a decent lot with Android 4.1 and 4 x Easybuy). Regular viewers will be well aware that Nicola canned her Laptop in favour of a tablet a long time ago (she often says this in pitches). Today she seemed to revert to having a Laptop but after a while she said something like 'oh I have been saying Laptop when of course I meant tablet'.

Very forgetful Nicola, happens to the best of us though :wink:

Enigma
23-01-2013, 05:46 PM

Indeed.

Apparently the poor love keeps forgetting her clothes half the time too.

Mommabear
23-01-2013, 06:31 PM
Did anyone see the lovely Nicola selling the Yarvik 7" tablet this afternoon (which actually seems a decent lot with Android 4.1 and 4 x Easybuy). Regular viewers will be well aware that Nicola canned her Laptop in favour of a tablet a long time ago (she often says this in pitches). Today she seemed to revert to having a Laptop but after a while she said something like 'oh I have been saying Laptop when of course I meant tablet'.

They do say you need a good memory to be a good.....well......ahem

Enigma
23-01-2013, 06:32 PM

Elephant?

:wink:

Wirral70
23-01-2013, 06:35 PM

Or an earpiece :wink:

Enigma