Moet&muffins - Mike Mason

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Miami2017

Registered Shopper
I ummed and aaghed about making this thread but I really feel this is important.

I don't care if you are Mike, Medina, RG , his mate, work for Bid or indeed are just a punter. I appreciate you know Mike but to jump to his defence in every situation, in virtually every thread that mentions his name is just ludicrous. You castigate people who criticise him and try to explain all of his ridiculous statements, almost damning us for having an opinion on him. This is a negative forum - and it's negative because people like Mike Mason act and present in a way which many find to be distasteful and at times laughable. You will note there are occasional threads which highlight positive things on the channel which Mike rarely features in.

He would claim the Ice Age was on its way to flog a snow plough.
He says nearly everything he sells is as good as the top brands, yet claims to all own of those top brands rather than the cheaper versions.
He pays £75 a month for his Sky, £900 for a camcorder, £30 for snow socks, £300 for a coat. This makes him either a liar or an idiot.
He claims he uses a Vodafone 354. As a doorstop, maybe.

I appreciate he's your mate, but please, let people have their opinion. He comes across as disingenuous, shady and quite honestly not very nice. If he were to tell the truth, consistently, and sell items on their merits there would not be any vitriol towards him and people would appreciate his conscious change of approach. If he is really being pressured to sell these things in ways which he doesn't like or agree with, he should grow a set and walk. His bass reflex sound test sheet will land him gainful employment in any self-respecting venue.

I also notice that the only other threads you post in are ones about Lisa Brash, where you slate her for various things. That's absolutely fine, but don't condemn people for slating others just because you're their mate.

Last edited:
Whilst I agree with the general sentiments in the OP,I think it's a bit harsh on Moet to say that she 'castigates' the other forum members.In fact I think she is quite moderate in her defence of her mate.This is a forum after all so there has to be freedom of speech.
Having said that I think the Bid presenters (with the exception of Hodgson) deserve all the stick they get and more!
What really annoys me is the names of the customers paraded on the screen-names like Wilfred,Beryl,Joyce,Agnes ect ect all old people being bulled into buying junk that they don't need and probably can't afford.
If this forum can cause the company a little discomfort then our efforts are not in vain (plus all the laughs we get at Bid's expense!!!!!!!!!!!).

Anyone who ever worked for the now defunked "Quizz Call",( like Mikey) obviously has no concience, and wont care what kind of tat they sell and how much they have to lie to sell it!

Anyone who ever worked for the now defunked "Quizz Call",( like Mikey) obviously has no concience, and wont care what kind of tat they sell and how much they have to lie to sell it!

Oh God! They were CRIMINAL...I don't know how they got away with it for as long as they did, but jolly good riddance to them!

What really annoys me is the names of the customers paraded on the screen-names like Wilfred,Beryl,Joyce,Agnes ect ect all old people being bulled into buying junk that they don't need and probably can't afford.

This is what really upsets and infuriates me. The thought that vulnerable people are being taken for a ride. I honestly don't understand how the company or the people who work at Bid can reconcile this with themselves. Yes, it's entertaining tv and we can all have a laugh, but bottom line there are people who probably don't have much to spare spending what little they do have on complete rubbish and paying well over the odds for most ~ if not all ~ of it.
The sad thing is with a few tweaks, better products and a large dollop of honesty thrown in, it could still be an entertaining bargain channel and maybe even find itself with more customers.

There are actually people out there who only buy when Mikeyboy is presenting. I find that rather weird. They ask him for their name to be mentioned too. He seems to have a fanbase that will actually buy tat because he is selling it. Unbelievable.

There are actually people out there who only buy when Mikeyboy is presenting. I find that rather weird. They ask him for their name to be mentioned too. He seems to have a fanbase that will actually buy tat because he is selling it. Unbelievable.

Care in the Community has a lot to answer for.

His FB page is full of people fawning over him. Its not actually ran by him but by some "fan". Personally I cannot stand the man and his sha,dy sales tactics the smile, wink and chirpy cheeky personna make me cringe.

His FB page is full of people fawning over him. Its not actually ran by him but by some "fan". Personally I cannot stand the man and his sha,dy sales tactics the smile, wink and chirpy cheeky personna make me cringe.

And your problem with his FB page is what? Everyone has an opinion and
if people like him & join a fan page, so what? This thread really offends me. If I want to defend
a friend, so be it. We live in a democracy. If you choose to not like him then I
respect that but until you know someone personally
over the years please do not judge them in their 'job' because
that's all that it is.

if people like him & join a fan page, so what? This thread really offends me. If I want to defend
a friend, so be it. We live in a democracy. If you choose to not like him then I
that's all that it is.

I admire you for voicing your opinion M&M & you're right, people are perfectly entitled to their opinion. What disgusts me & many others is that he & other presenters on Bid, sit up etc, have no quarms about totally misleadling people. If any company asked me to do that I'd rather get an honest job & tell them where to stick it! I suspect that a lot of Bid customers are probably older & not internet savvy, hence they get hoodwinked into buying stuff that simply isn't what they were told during the presentations & Mike is up there with the worst for doing this. Saying it's his job is one thing but doing a job that misleads people financially about their Bid purchases?? 1000's of people & sometimes for £100's each in 1 sales pitch?? He may be a good friend & be a nice bloke if you were his neighbour but that doesn't excuse some of the tactics I have personally seen him use to sell items.

Last edited:
that's all that it is.

I never mentioned that I had a problem with his "fans" liking him on his FB page, I merely pointed out that he had one and people fawned over him. Quite true I do not know the man and have no intention of ever getting to know him. I can only judge his character by the way he presents himself on bid and sadly in my opinion its crass and very objectionable the way he sells these products.

moet can you just be honest and say you are his lady/goddess please?

what "friend" is aware of exactly when a "friend" bought a throw for over £200?

Hmmm, good point newtobid, moet is in fact lying by omission (at least Mike Mason lies blatantly!!)
I think we'd have a lot more respect for them and their opinion if they were honest enough to tell us who they are.
Moet, you can't expect to be so defensive of the indefensible and us not wonder why.

that's all that it is.

You ARE joking, right?

Mr Mason is wanting us to part with our hard-earned cash. If it appears that he is trying to do so fraudulently, then I say people have EVERY right to judge him and Bid on it. And the ASA would agree with me.

The law is on my side, not his. Or Bid's. Or yours.

And saying that he's just doing his job is like saying don't judge the Nazi guards at Auschwitz, because they were "just doing their job". :headbang:

Last edited:
that's all that it is.

So you admit you are a friend now, so come on why not come out and admit who you really are.

PJ

well, the gauntlet has been thrown down by several of us Moet
are you honest enough to tell us who you are and why you so vigorously defend a person who's shameless lack of scruples cannot be defended? oh, I forgot, they're just 'doing their job'

And saying that he's just doing his job is like saying don't judge the Nazi guards at Auschwitz, because they were "just doing their job".

How can you compare Mike Mason with a Nazi Guard?

....actually, I agree with you. It's Naszti Mike at AucstionBidtz.

And saying that he's just doing his job is like saying don't judge the Nazi guards at Auschwitz, because they were "just doing their job".

How can you compare Mike Mason with a Nazi Guard?

I am sorry. You're quite right.

That was unfair.

After all, the Auschwitz guards didn't keep people imprisoned and tortured while making out it was a positive thing.

There's no comparison at all. I am suitably chastised.

If I had a friend who worked on Bid saying the things he does, I'd say "Hey Mike, you come out with some bollocks on that BID don't you? They must be paying you a tonne mate" and I'd be a bit embarassed.

Latest posts

Back