PDA

View Full Version : Peter 'The Elvis Expert' Simon

fulhamphil
05-01-2013, 09:49 PM
Lost track of the number of times the old duffer came out with 'not only' without ever seemingly getting to the punchline - all for a cheapo box set of Elvis CDs you can pick up almost anywhere. A wonderful 'momentum' apparently! Goodness knows what he was talking about - my two year old niece is more coherent!

Then on to a ring that looked like something that had fallen out of a Xmas cracker. Snapped up for almost seventy quid! Goodness, some people must have more money than sense. :talking:

Bexi
06-01-2013, 01:07 AM
Some of the jewellery he had on was horrendously tacky :puke:

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg179/Bekki82/ugg1_zps3a6d3256.jpg
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg179/Bekki82/ugg_zps68ef1f26.jpg
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg179/Bekki82/ugg2_zps6a1dc27e.jpg
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg179/Bekki82/ugg3_zpsc9eb1b3b.jpg

Enigma
06-01-2013, 04:26 AM

Ooh, I like THAT one! Demure and understated.

Paul_s
06-01-2013, 09:17 AM
I'm 100% certain Elvis spins around in his grave when they have 'Elvis' events on at Bid.

Good luck if you get it.

deedee
06-01-2013, 11:13 AM

Ooh, I like THAT one! Demure and understated.

and just think how you could wear it Enigma, you can dress it up, dress it down, it'll take you from day to evening whether your wearing cute ballet pumps or killer heels!
a real statement piece that will attract many comments!!

merryone
06-01-2013, 11:57 AM
"Christ on a bike!".......What the "F" is this? Gotta admit, I don't mind the Elvis "signature" pendant for it's trashy chic appeal!

Enigma
06-01-2013, 01:12 PM
"Christ on a bike!".......What the "F" is this? Gotta admit, I don't mind the Elvis "signature" pendant for it's trashy chic appeal!

That's one surprised cat.

Enigma
06-01-2013, 04:27 PM

and just think how you could wear it Enigma, you can dress it up, dress it down, it'll take you from day to evening whether your wearing cute ballet pumps or killer heels!
a real statement piece that will attract many comments!!

I can think of a few myself!! :headbang:

Krlsthjckl
06-01-2013, 07:35 PM
Hes just said Elvis met Lisa Marie whilst on secondment from his National Service

Errr

You mean Priscilla?

Enigma
06-01-2013, 07:44 PM
Hes just said Elvis met Lisa Marie whilst on secondment from his National Service

Errr

You mean Priscilla?

Oh didn't you know? Elvis married Lisa Marie and they had a daughter, Priscilla.

It must be true, as the world renowned Elvis authority Peter Simon keeps saying so. :taphead:

grumpybloke
06-01-2013, 08:40 PM
Some of the jewellery he had on was horrendously tacky :puke:

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg179/Bekki82/ugg1_zps3a6d3256.jpg
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg179/Bekki82/ugg2_zps6a1dc27e.jpg
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg179/Bekki82/ugg3_zpsc9eb1b3b.jpg

Were always been told to go & get it valued , if you took that lot to a jeweler you'll be lucky to get a tenner for all of them .

Price Plunge
06-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Were always been told to go & get it valued , if you took that lot to a jeweler you'll be lucky to get a tenner for all of them .
And you'll have to go in with a paper bag over your head (with air holes of course) in order to avoid the remotest chance of being recognised by anybody :grin:

merryone
07-01-2013, 10:14 AM
I reckon if you took that lot to a jeweller for a valuation, you'd get one of two reactions, they'd either tell you not to waste their time and to "Get out and take this pile of junk with you", or they'd laugh so heartily and thank you for making their day!

I still don't understand how they fetched so much! They were so obviously trash! And whilst slightly off topic I know, does ANYONE really wear gold plated gent's jewellery? You see these god awful plated chains, and id bracelets that they say would be ideal as a special birthday present, but for whom may I ask? I know not everybody can afford the real thing, but from what I've seen most people would prefer to scrimp and save, buy from a catalogue, put on plastic to be able to buy their son or their hubby a piece of jewellery that isn't going to deteriorate in looks and turn their neck/wrist and interesting shade of green!

Woosie
07-01-2013, 06:55 PM
Am not sure what the obsession with Elvis is - truly. I think before PS has said some of the shite is imitation of Elvis's own jewellery but it's such awful tat - are there that many Elvis impersonators out there buying it all?!

Enigma
07-01-2013, 07:44 PM
Am not sure what the obsession with Elvis is - truly. I think before PS has said some of the shite is imitation of Elvis's own jewellery but it's such awful tat - are there that many Elvis impersonators out there buying it all?!

Blind drag queens, more like.

Wirral70
07-01-2013, 07:45 PM
Elvis Memorabilia is made for Bid, it dosen't get much tackier does it? I know he was a well loved entertainer (if you like that sort of thing) but the vulgarity of the whole trade in his memory is a dream for a seriously downmarket TV Retailer like Sit Up. A match made in heaven i'd say.

I wonder if Elvis would have liked the Lapis, Gold Plated BRASS ring on sale now?

BRASS!!!

Wirral70
07-01-2013, 07:58 PM
Brass & Lapis are so Rare!! Wirral you were so lucky to catch it! Hope you multi purchased!! Pile 'em high, sell 'em on! LOL :mysmilie_483:

I can honestly say Nikki I have never, ever heard of a gold plated, brass ring.

Maybe this is what we can next expect Tanzanite to be set in?

Enigma
07-01-2013, 07:59 PM
I can honestly say Nikki I have never, ever heard of a gold plated, brass ring.

Maybe this is what we can next expect Tanzanite to be set in?

Only the most exquisite slivers of AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA grade Tanzanite lovingly swept up from the mine floor

Wirral70
07-01-2013, 08:05 PM
Even by their standards they are really selling some shat tonight.

Egg Dehumidifiers are all the rage now.

Enigma
07-01-2013, 08:11 PM
Well you can die in your own sweat apparently when they were flogging matress protectors. Did you see that tiger fleecey throw? Looks like anything that's vile is all the rage in Bid land 2nite!

To be fair, look at the quality of their presenters

Wirral70
07-01-2013, 08:13 PM
Well you can die in your own sweat apparently when they were flogging matress protectors. Did you see that tiger fleecey throw? Looks like anything that's vile is all the rage in Bid land 2nite!

Lovely throw, being wrapped up in nylon will certainly keep you warm though.

Is it just me or are they now regularly saying 5-10 days for delivery, I have heard this several times now. Didn't it used to be 5 days but now possibly 10 days?, even worse ripoff.

Enigma
07-01-2013, 08:27 PM
Yeh true! Jeez that throw thing's on now, just flicked over. I couldn't face that after a nite out OUCH SORE EYES! :mysmilie_468:

I turned it off after watching Mike and Rebecca getting orgasmic over a pair of men's plastic shoes

Woosie
07-01-2013, 08:39 PM
I turned it off after watching Mike and Rebecca getting orgasmic over a pair of men's plastic shoes

Oh please God no .... don't use the words 'Mike' & 'Orgasmic' in the same sentence - that is so wrong! LOL!!

Enigma
07-01-2013, 10:38 PM
Oh please God no .... don't use the words 'Mike' & 'Orgasmic' in the same sentence - that is so wrong! LOL!!

Sorry Woosie! I hope you weren't eating when you read that! :sweat:

Wirral70
08-01-2013, 09:59 AM
When he does that dance for a 1 item and pulls his mouth in a way that makes it look even stranger than the 'Joker' grid he already has is really quite unpleasant to watch.

Mommabear
08-01-2013, 10:25 AM
An update on the purchases of Mikeyboy......

He paid 45 for a handheld vac for his flat in Kent some years back. Later he said 40, he couldn't remember whether it was 40/45 but that's neither here nor there because it wasn't a patch on the one he was demonstrating for a tenner :rolleyes: although they did have to cut away when the 'easy pop back filter' wouldn't pop back :whew:

Mommabear
08-01-2013, 10:33 AM
Even by their standards they are really selling some shat tonight.

Egg Dehumidifiers are all the rage now.

Complete with a reading off a laminated sheet all about mould :rolleyes:

They were so popular, Mikeyboy said they might bring them back later. They not only brought them back quite soon, they also did another turn of the hideous tiger fleece!

Wirral70
08-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Complete with a reading off a laminated sheet all about mould :rolleyes:

They were so popular, Mikeyboy said they might bring them back later. They not only brought them back quite soon, they also did another turn of the hideous tiger fleece!

I fancy that the Tiger Throw, in a addition to a selection of Elvis jewellery and a few Gayford prints would make for a bold personality statement in 2013.

Don't forget these boots to finish the look for a new year, new you. Tempted Momma?

Mommabear
08-01-2013, 01:59 PM
I fancy that the Tiger Throw, in a addition to a selection of Elvis jewellery and a few Gayford prints would make for a bold personality statement in 2013.

Don't forget these boots to finish the look for a new year, new you. Tempted Momma?

I'll get back to ya :rolleyes:

I've just seen Carolyne doing the pampering event again and she had a small portfolio of prints. I was wondering how much that little lot would set you back. I wish she'd have said. :wink:

Wirral70
08-01-2013, 06:05 PM
I'll get back to ya :rolleyes:

I've just seen Carolyne doing the pampering event again and she had a small portfolio of prints. I was wondering how much that little lot would set you back. I wish she'd have said. :wink:

Maybe they charge just 1 per print but 7.99 delivery for each picture, as Carolyn says you could get 9 and still have change from a tenner!

Woosie
08-01-2013, 06:12 PM
When he does that dance for a 1 item and pulls his mouth in a way that makes it look even stranger than the 'Joker' grid he already has is really quite unpleasant to watch.

That dance is just revolting and quite sleezy. Sorry Moet & Muffins, even you can't defend that bizarre hip swivel of his although I expect you'll have a damn good try after 'trolling' through all our comments .....

Wirral70
08-01-2013, 06:17 PM
That dance is just revolting and quite sleezy. Sorry Moet & Muffins, even you can't defend that bizarre hip swivel of his although I expect you'll have a damn good try after 'trolling' through all our comments .....

It's horrible isn't it Woosie? Really, really unpleasant.

deedee
08-01-2013, 08:34 PM
I think she's just become a "watcher" of the forum now after her very rude outburst the other eve Woosie. :wink: Quite right too cos if she starts a thread or comments on anyone else's I will simply ignore her! She simply isn't worth giving my time or opinion to. If she ever comments again I may refer to a post from someone else and carry on a conversation purposely excluding her from it. It's what a disrespectful person who posts a comment like that deserves imo!

Well said Nikki. Even if Moet does just 'lurk' rather than participate they're going to have to get used to reading the comments we make and they're going to have to 'suck it up' (as the young ones say nowadays!)
I could suggest that it's an ideal opportunity for some winding up but I'm far too mature and responsible for that sort of behaviour! :grin::angel:
But I agree that if Moet does get as rude and disrespectful as they did the other night then we just ignore it, don't give a troll the satisfaction of rising to their bait.

Wirral70
08-01-2013, 08:39 PM
Well said Nikki. Even if Moet does just 'lurk' rather than participate they're going to have to get used to reading the comments we make and they're going to have to 'suck it up' (as the young ones say nowadays!)
I could suggest that it's an ideal opportunity for some winding up but I'm far too mature and responsible for that sort of behaviour! :grin::angel:
But I agree that if Moet does get as rude and disrespectful as they did the other night then we just ignore it, don't give a troll the satisfaction of rising to their bait.

Isn't it odd that the few (two?) supporters of Bid sadly degenerated into such nastiness to forum members?

I know some of our comments about the presenters are sometimes acerbic but everyone is so pleasant to each other that the nasties seem to stick out like a sore thumb.

Strange isn't it. I wonder why that might be?

It's almost as if some of our comments have hit a nerve.

deedee
08-01-2013, 09:11 PM
Isn't it odd that the few (two?) supporters of Bid sadly degenerated into such nastiness to forum members?

I know some of our comments about the presenters are sometimes acerbic but everyone is so pleasant to each other that the nasties seem to stick out like a sore thumb.

Strange isn't it. I wonder why that might be?

It's almost as if some of our comments have hit a nerve.

I know we can be a little blunt and as you say Wirral 'acerbic' at times but we're never malicious or vindictive and we don't make it personal.
I think we know the 2 people you're referring to and they really have come across as very aggressive. There's a saying 'the lady doth protest too much' and imho I think these 2 people are close to particular presenters in some way so won't hear any criticism of them. Unfortunately they go over the top and it gets nasty. That's my theory anyway!

Flying Pigs
08-01-2013, 09:51 PM
M&M last activity 10.25 yesterday.
Can someone tell me what an egg humidifier is as I have managed to miss that presentation or would I be better off not knowing?

deedee
08-01-2013, 10:06 PM
M&M last activity 10.25 yesterday.
Can someone tell me what an egg humidifier is as I have managed to miss that presentation or would I be better off not knowing?

FP, there's a serious gap in your knowledge here :mysmilie_510:
An egg dehumidifier is a dehumidifier in the shape of an egg only a bit larger. It absorbs moisture from the atmosphere and I believe it changes colour when it's reached the maximum capacity of moisture it can absorb you just put it in the microwave to dry it out then it can be used again.
Consider yourself educated FP, don't you feel richer for knowing this now!!

radio_dayz
08-01-2013, 11:22 PM
The famous egg dehumidifier. Has anyone on the forum actually bought this? A ceramic egg shaped object which is filled with silica gel and is supposed to dehumidify a room such as a kitchen. This thing is only passive and not active! It is supposed to somehow magically suck moisture out of the air and eliminate condensation. I can't for the life of me believe that it can really work in anything but a very tiny area. Then when the gel becomes saturated with all of the moisture that it absorbs, you are supposed to put it in the microwave to dry it out. Then of course, the moisture is released back into your home again. What a load of useless rubbish!

merryone
09-01-2013, 08:30 AM
They might be ok to put into a small cupboard, or wardrobe, but I can't see they'd do anything that would even touch the de-humidification of an entire room! Why do they think people spend hundreds of pounds on enormous clunking machines with great big water chambers? They must believe we that us, the silly punters don't realise that for 1p + 7.99 + 1.53 you can get the same results...we need to be educated!

Paul_s
09-01-2013, 06:07 PM
Can I use the egg dehumidifier in an Omelette?

deedee
09-01-2013, 08:33 PM
They're just overgrown spoilt brats who are chucking their teddies out the pram cos they can't get their own way imo ladies & gents. So the latest verbally abusive one, M&M, appears to still be "watching" the comments on here despite her neurotic outbust about leaving due to those of us who apparently "had nothing better to do with our lives" apparently, thought so haha! Such silly spoilt brats whould never be able to comprehend that we may actually be successful, intelligent individuals, totally beyond them hence their idiotic comments! :giggle:

Nikki I really think you should say what you actually feel rather than keeping it pent up inside like you do! :grin::mysmilie_483::mysmilie_471:

Enigma
09-01-2013, 08:36 PM
Can I use the egg dehumidifier in an Omelette?

It would be a dry omelette.

Possibly.