Win 24 and that Sharnette

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

tristar

Guest Shopper
Every single hour Ideal are plugging this win24. A woman called Sharnette? won a trip to new york and she must be the onky big winner as she is on every hour. She does my head in. anyone else think this win24 sounds a bit of a rip off? I wish Ideal would drop it, but guess it must be a big money spinner for them. Anyone joined and more to point as anyone won anything, besides ****** Sharnette

Dont like the sound of this competition rip off Britain should get on to them.

Id love to hear wot Loen would say is she found out her mother had joined win24, as andy is the one in the adverts

I've always thought it sounded a rip off. Basically just giving them money for bugger all. I think you'd be more likely to win the lottery than win 24.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always thought it sounded a rip off. Basically just giving them money for bugger all. I think you'd be more likely to win the lottery than win 24.

It's not a rip off as you get what you pay for - you may not think it's worth the money but that does not make it a rip off.

Seems anytime people think something is not worth that cash it automatically becomes a 'rip off'

It's not a rip off as you get what you pay for - you may not think it's worth the money but that does not make it a rip off.

Seems anytime people think something is not worth that cash it automatically becomes a 'rip off'

It does in my opinion. And isn't that what forums are all about? Sharing and discussing our opinions. I respect your view that you don't think it is, but I do :)

It's a rip-off. Think about it. The more people join this scam scheme, the less chances you have for winning. It's a scheme is for gullible, stupid people who are happy to believe any old crap, without bothering to research it. I got a phone call from Ideal World about this outfit. On deeper probing of the representative calling, t was clear that this she couldn't answer any of my questions.

Ideal World should be ashamed of themselves peddling this crap on innocent people.

If you are still convinced that this operation is a legitimate one, take a look at this page:

https://www.win24.co.uk/microsite/guarantee.html

It talks about how 'honest' they are by appointing an 'independent notary'. It doesn't mention who these people are or what qualifications these people may have. We are just to accept it on face value.

Yet, look at this page:

https://www.win24.co.uk/microsite/guarantee.html

Scroll to the bottom and it says people should contact Win24 when they win a prize as competitions winners are contacted directly by the competition holder (i.e. not the Win24 scammers).

So how can Win24 collect accurate collect AND substantiate their data? Oh hang on, they have their independent notary. Yer...right. :wonder:

I reckon their notary could be the owners mum, Rosemary the telephone operator, Jimmy Savile.....

Most competitions say they are independent but don't say who is checking these things - do you therefore belive all competitions are a rip off as well?

It does in my opinion. And isn't that what forums are all about? Sharing and discussing our opinions. I respect your view that you don't think it is, but I do :)

So why do you think it's a rip off?

Most competitions say they are independent but don't say who is checking these things - do you therefore belive all competitions are a rip off as well?

No I don't actually. But some competitions take place, not out of the goodness of their hearts, but to harvest email, telephone numbers, addresses etc etc. Some competitions exist as money raisers. Don't have a problem with that. But a 'business' such as Win24 have taken this a stage further where the general public have to PAY them to enter you for competitions. They don't say WHICH competition and/or for WHICH organisation. Many competition promoters don't like this sort of 'spamming' by companies such as Win24.

Win24 don't really give a damn if you win a competition or not as they ask 'winners' to contact them. They don't have a database system in place to monitor that themselves.
They are only just interested in grabbing your money.....

Alan, I remember the thread regarding win 24 a year or so back. It went on for pages and pages, and I seem to remember how you getting quite shirty with anyone who suggested it was a scam. I think it is a scam, and I stand by that. I know it's not illegal, but like Greg I don't think IW should be promoting it. People get ripped off by this sort of thing, and more often than not it's those who can least afford it. I don't suppose Greg does think that ALL competitions are scams, he, like a lot of people on this site, see this particular one as the waste of money (understatement) and an utter rip off!

I still think nearly 13 quid a month is hell of a lot to spend on competition entry's , I had no idea you dont know what your being entered into , I assumed you would have to fill out some kind of question air to determine the kind of comps to enter each person into. I cant see a 70 year old disabled man having any use for an 18 / 30 type holiday for example or some gym membership as another one

each to there own i guess but as much as I have searched I cant find anything that states what comps you would be entered into

I do enter competitions, but wouldn't pay someone to enter them for me for two reasons. 1. How do you know it's genuine that you've won when you get the call as you don't know what you have entered, or whether it is just a marketing lead? 2. Some companies will only allow only one entry per household and if you enter again without knowing that you had been entered, you can be blocked from future competitions for a period of time. (I have had a 3 month ban from one a couple of years ago because I hadn't made a note of the ones I'd entered. Oopps!)

I think IW should be above using such low brow selling methods, rip off or not it gives them a cheap image, it'll be Ideal bingo online next!

IW with a cheap image? never! They're the aldi/lidl of TV shopping, without the low prices or quality.

I've entered a couple of competitions recently and noticed in the terms and conditions that they specifically exclude companies like Win24 from entering on other people's behalf. I suspect more and more will do this and it'll all die out as they won't have anything left to enter.

I still think nearly 13 quid a month is hell of a lot to spend on competition entry's , I had no idea you dont know what your being entered into , I assumed you would have to fill out some kind of question air to determine the kind of comps to enter each person into. I cant see a 70 year old disabled man having any use for an 18 / 30 type holiday for example or some gym membership as another one

each to there own i guess but as much as I have searched I cant find anything that states what comps you would be entered into

That's why I'm not rising to him ;) I've stated my opinion Alan, I don't have to justify it to you. I have my reasons, that is all.

My opinion is it is a genuine rip-off and only really deluded/stupid people would sign up for it. If there were loads of big winners there is little doubt IW would be singing from the roof tops, but instead we get the same old winners clips...that speaks volumes to me.

Latest posts

Back