Basso Never Mentions this on QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The number of threads started on the Butcher of Basso are too numerous to mention. I think the majority of people on the forum, including myself, an animal rights campaigner, know how Basso makes his money. That is why I have, to no avail, contacted the Q re boycotting this vile and inhumane murderous man and his range from our screens. Removing an animal from it's mother's stomach before it is fully formed, just to make fur clothes for 'celebrities' is plain torture and anyone who has any part in the execution - appropriate word - of this practice is sick.

The number of threads started on the Butcher of Basso are too numerous to mention. I think the majority of people on the forum, including myself, an animal rights campaigner, know how Basso makes his money. That is why I have, to no avail, contacted the Q re boycotting this vile and inhumane murderous man and his range from our screens. Removing an animal from it's mother's stomach before it is fully formed, just to make fur clothes for 'celebrities' is plain torture and anyone who has any part in the execution - appropriate word - of this practice is sick.

Doesn't exactly project QVC in an admirable light either! Quite the reverse! Their errr "fashion" selection (cough), is awful anyway. You need reinforced sunglasses to look at most of it combined with a strong stomach it's so garish. I have no idea who is actually buying any of their toot, not many by the looks of things given the numerous clearances they seem to be still having. Serves them right if they condone such horrific cruelty by allowing the said person to flog stuff on their channel.

I googled "Basso broadtail protest" (broadtail is the name used for the skins of lambs taken from the womb to use as pelts for garments). Not surprisingly it has brought tears to my eyes & shocked & saddened me greatly. The lambs who are removed from their brutally murdered mothers womb still try to stand as they are butchered for their skins, often in remote farms where no humane killing exists. There is a report written by a humane society in the US who have actually visited & have evidence of such farms. I couldn't read all of it and could only glance at the pictures. At the end of the report they list the names of furriers these farms supply. Guess whose on the list??! Basso!! I wanted to check before I posted anything further if Basso is actually formally listed as a broadtail user. It would appear, from what is posted on the net, that this is the case, as there were also Basso broadtail & russian sable coats for sale. The barbarically murdered bodies of both mothers & their unborn are piled high in skips once the "precious pelts" have been obtained & examined for colour. UTTERLY HORRIFIC!

Animal cruelty is deeply upsetting for most of us at the best of times & there may well be fur farms who humanely slaughter these days. This is quite the most distressing I have seen along with animals being skinned alive for rip off Ugg style boots.

Don't think I'll buy from QVC now unless they remove Basso items from their stock! It's no great loss these days anyway as internet retailers beat them hands down on price, p&p & style currently. I'm sorry if I have shocked or offended anyone, it is not my intention. At least I now have a clearer idea of what QVC appear to be happy to represent by endorsing such a retailer.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back