Taking your dog (Oban) to work

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

tristar

Guest Shopper
Beautiful dog but I tuned into the 7pm hour last night and Loen had Oban on and he was walking up and down, standing in front of camera, blocking view of product, (chairs) he was whining a bit and they talked mre of the dog than the product He was a big distraction and it took ages before someone realised and Oban was taken off set (last 10 mins of show) Who else is lucky enough to take their dog on air. Ideal is not Blue Peter and I think Loen has a bit of a cheek doing it. Though I like her and the dog, just dont think it appropriate to take him on set, unless its a dog product show or something.

That's what I like about Ideal World - when the presenters are having some fun or dogs coming on or just general chatting away...I always enjoy it more then

It was nice to see, kind of cozy but just seemed a bit unprofessional, maybe if he had been on just for five minutes, so as not to detract too much from the selling. Cant believe Ideal allow it, unless its on dog related products. we all know how hard sell they are and anything to detract from the main aim of selling, just surprised its allowed.

Cant believe Ideal allow it,. we all know how hard sell they are and anything to detract from the main aim of selling, just surprised its allowed.
But that was surely the point just how much can any one say how ever good they are about a chair.
I know full well I would have run out of things to say after 60 seconds let alone 60 minuets.
So by having the dog on set they could still show the details of the chair and maybe come back to talk about it every so often with out having to keep on repeating what had already been said.
Just my opinion and as far as I was concerned it worked.
I would have switched over in less than 30 seconds but because of the dog I watched for maybe half an hour.
But I still didn't but the chair!!

I love animals but tbh it seems very unfair Loen gets to do wot she like when the other presenters dont. Debbie has a dog yet she doesnt bring it on air with her

Exactly, they cant all do it! Imagine if they all insisted on fetching their pets to work, the studio would be like a kennels!

How do you know that Debbie wants to bring her dog to work, has she EVER said on air that she isn't allowed to but Loen is.
Not only that but Debbie more than likely has someone at home with her dog while she is out working, where as both Loen and Andy both tend to work similar shifts so there would be no one home for poor Oban.
All of the presents will have negotiated their contracts or had their agents do it for them, on an individual basis so what might be a priority for one might not be the same for someone else.
So Andy and Loen might get to bring Oban into work while Sean might get longer holidays.
Working for a company like Ideal isn't like working for Asda or Tesco.
If I remember right a lot of the presenters are freelance and self employed. So giving them more flexibility than most jobs.

I love animals but tbh it seems very unfair Loen gets to do wot she like when the other presenters dont. Debbie has a dog yet she doesnt bring it on air with her

Leonie has dogs but we don't see them on air either...it's so unfair...Loen must know something about the owners so she gets away with every thing! LOL

What you have to remember is Oben has been going to the studios since he was a pup so he is somewhat accustomed to the environment. and whenever I have seem him on air he hasnt appeared stressed by the experience, leoni's dogs on the other hand havent been so rather than stress them out & expect them to cope with the new environment she leaves them at home

Millions of people take there dogs to work with them, its no big deal

What you have to remember is Oben has been going to the studios since he was a pup so he is somewhat accustomed to the environment. and whenever I have seem him on air he hasnt appeared stressed by the experience, leoni's dogs on the other hand havent been so rather than stress them out & expect them to cope with the new environment she leaves them at home

Millions of people take there dogs to work with them, its no big deal

The question is why was Oban allowed to come to the studios as a puppy in the first place? Ellis when she was there always talked about her new puppy yet he was never on air, Leonies dogs are in one of the love pet adverts yet there not allowed on air, Debbie has her dog in all her sewing videos so hes used to cameras being around yet hes never been on air.

The question is why was Oban allowed to come to the studios as a puppy in the first place? Ellis when she was there always talked about her new puppy yet he was never on air, Leonies dogs are in one of the love pet adverts yet there not allowed on air, Debbie has her dog in all her sewing videos so hes used to cameras being around yet hes never been on air.

So you have spoken to Ellis then & she said she wasnt allowed to take her dog on air ?

The presenters' relationships with their employers are nothing to do with us. There are too many posts on here that so and so can get with with this but someone else can't.

We don't know the facts so can't comment.

The presenters' relationships with their employers are nothing to do with us. There are too many posts on here that so and so can get with with this but someone else can't.

Exactly , to much assuming presenters '' arnt allowed '' rather than having no desire to drag a dog into the studio

Feel free to start some threads urself then

Latest posts

Back