New purchases...?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MissMagpie

If it sparkles - grab it
C'mon, then, what's everyone been buying?! Gems are doing some great designs at the moment, and since they're the fasted growing company etc. etc. I reckon someone must be buying something! Let's have some links and pictures, like the 'old days' of the forum...

Good idea MissM, that's what the forum was like when I joined, an altogether more contented, friendly place!
I'm afraid I've only bought one item this whole year since last January. It was during October when Glen Lehrer was visiting and I wanted to take a look at a torusring. I ordered item numbers VYPS17 (sky blue topaz ring) and SGPS33 (amethyst pendant). I kept the ring and sent the pendant back as it didn't strike me as anything special, the ring was very pretty though. I'd ordered a silver ring and a gold bracelet in the same order, but they also went back.
That's it for the whole year I'm afraid, I hardly ever watch now as there is nothing about the channel that attracts me anymore (how times have changed!), but I'm pleased with my torusring.

I had to look back a long way to find the last pieces of jewellery I bought from them if someone could put up the links I'd be grateful
IIVJ46 I bought this 20th dec 2011 for £144
AXGW74 this one i bought 10th april 2012 for £257 but happen to be watching a few weeks later and I had a price pledge of £28
I love both of these rings but nothing since I'm afraid.

C'mon, then, what's everyone been buying?! Gems are doing some great designs at the moment, and since they're the fasted growing company etc. etc. I reckon someone must be buying something! Let's have some links and pictures, like the 'old days' of the forum...

Sadly I don't think they are doing such great designs at the moment, at least not where rings are concerned. I have diddy digits and so many of the rings are huge and would look hmm .... just plain ridiculous on my hand. I hate all these big diamond cluster rings with a passion and am fed up to the back teeth of seeing Tanzanite. What I'd really like to see are some new/unusual/rare/top quality gemstones set in simple, unfussy designs.

I've bought very little recently but still have a look most days (on my computer and on mute lol) because unlike the competition Gems offer rings in a size 5 that are only a little bit too big and don't need resizing.

I was going to start a thread for people to show some of their favourite Gems' designs to maybe give Steve and Sarah some ideas of what we'd like to see in the future (if they still read ST) so I hope you don't mind if I combine it with your thread Miss Magpie.

Here are a few of my recent purchases and favourite designs:

Indicolite (£399).png 18K Indicolite ... at £399 this was a considered purchase for me but I love the simplicity of the design and the colour of the Indicolite is amazing.

JIOS09.jpg 18K Zultanite ... another considered purchase at £378 and, yes, it's very similar design to the Indicolite lol

9k Colour Change  Sapphire & Diamonds (£89.99).jpg 9K Colour Change Sapphire .... £99.99

18k Red Labradorite & Diamond (£59).jpg 18k Red Labradorite ..... this was from the early days of Rocks when it was web only and a bargain £59

Finally I've included this one as it's probably my favourite ring ever:
18k cushion cut Alexandrite & Diamond £400.jpg 18K Indian Alexandrite bought many moons ago from Gems ... I think it was £400 (I know I had a minor panic when I clicked buy lol) but I love the antique cushion cut Alex and the diamond detail on the shoulders.

I know we're all different but more designs like this and I'd be a regular/happy purchaser again.

Ooops it's Csarite not Zultanite now lol.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks Fluff for the links its ok I know what you mean about seing so much tanzanite though lol
I have so many rings from when Gems originally started( in 2002 I think it was ) but only bought the tanzanite quite recently both of them are a really good colour for AA grade and I loved the design of them but I dont think I'll be buying anymore
I so rarely watch these days as I feel all the fun has gone out of it ,I must say I bought so much in the days of Rockstv on the web that some of the pieces I have only just started to dig out and wear and I'm surprised at the nice quality some of it is for what we paid back then.those were the days

Finally I've included this one as it's probably my favourite ring ever:
View attachment 8589 18K Indian Alexandrite bought many moons ago from Gems ... I think it was £400 (I know I had a minor panic when I clicked buy lol) but I love the antique cushion cut Alex and the diamond detail on the shoulders.

This is the best Alexandrite ring i have seen in ages, i want it, now lol

Thanks for all the links and pics ladies, very nice to see your lovely acquisitions.

Sadly GemsTV and I have just about parted company. I didn't have too much luck with my very limited purchases last year. Either poor quality settings and insipid stones or incorrect items sent. Interesting to read Miss M's opinion of her returned Lehrer amethyst pendant as I ordered one in Topaz, only I never got to see it as someone 'kindly' sent me some earrings instead...and I already had those!

I did buy a couple of Haematite necklaces as small Xmas gifts and they were fine, but I do agree with Fluff that their designs these days are far too elaborate and as for the numerous Diamond clusters.....:doh:

And I don't think I'll be tempted to start watching again until they bring Angeline and Matt back to the
UK screens!

Ah, well, I much prefer the more ornate creations - I thought most of them in the 'old days' were dead boring, nice gemstone slapped in a plain gold ring, perhaps with a diamond either side if you're lucky, no real 'design' at all. So, Steve Bennett, if you're listening, I think you need a mixture of different styles to suit everyone!

I've given up purchasing from Gems. I bought an opal bracelet and despite the fact that it's been kept in a case and only worn for a couple of special occasions, the stones have no colour and just look cloudy. Similarly, a tanzanite bracelet also appears to be suffering from 'colour fade.'

Latest posts

Back