At last the truth...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

radio_dayz

Registered Shopper
....about the GT Precision watch. Over the past year or so, sit-up have sold literally hundreds of this model watch. Up until the past few days, it has always been presented on screen, with the claim (lie) that the watch never needs a battery, as it is powered by te movement of the wrist. As I've pointed out before, this watch is a strange hybrid, which is half automatic and half quartz. The quartz part of the watch of course requires a battery for it to work. Even the self proclaimed watch experts like Justin ? etc. Have always said no battery ever required! I am a watch lover but no expert, but I could see that this watch needs a battery change from time to time, so why couldn't they? Well they must have known, but continuued with the lie!!!

Now with every presentation of this watch, the presenter seems to go out of his way to point out that the quartz part of the watch runs on a battery. Even old Mikey did so when he sold it last night!

So I wonder what has brought about this new honesty? Is this a new trend for the new year, or has someone pointed out the error of their ways? All I can say is, it's not before time! There must be, and will be many disappointed people out there who have bought one of these watches in the past, when the main dial of the watch stops due to a dead battery.

....about the GT Precision watch. Over the past year or so, sit-up have sold literally hundreds of this model watch. Up until the past few days, it has always been presented on screen, with the claim (lie) that the watch never needs a battery, as it is powered by te movement of the wrist. As I've pointed out before, this watch is a strange hybrid, which is half automatic and half quartz. The quartz part of the watch of course requires a battery for it to work. Even the self proclaimed watch experts like Justin ? etc. Have always said no battery ever required! I am a watch lover but no expert, but I could see that this watch needs a battery change from time to time, so why couldn't they? Well they must have known, but continuued with the lie!!!

Now with every presentation of this watch, the presenter seems to go out of his way to point out that the quartz part of the watch runs on a battery. Even old Mikey did so when he sold it last night!

So I wonder what has brought about this new honesty? Is this a new trend for the new year, or has someone pointed out the error of their ways? All I can say is, it's not before time! There must be, and will be many disappointed people out there who have bought one of these watches in the past, when the main dial of the watch stops due to a dead battery.

I agree wholeheartedly with your post, their 'pitch' for this product has most certainly changed hasn't it?

I wonder if this is in response to yet another ASA complaint? :wink:

Is not like Bid will have done this out of the goodness of their hearts.

Actually, the original GT did not require a battery, however as they sold the units it became obvious the the people buying them where doing so little movement, that the watches did in fact require a battery...

The GT in it's various guises is a hybrid, half mechanical and half quartz. The quartz movement has to be powered by a battery!

Enough said.

GT Precision is just another mushroom brand watch. As far as I can see, it's another watch which has been commissioned by sit-up from a chinese factory with the GT Precision name put onto the dial. This watch will definitely be sold elsewhere with a different name on it. There will be no GT Precision watch factory as such.

Actually, the original GT did not require a battery, however as they sold the units it became obvious the the people buying them where doing so little movement, that the watches did in fact require a battery...

Or maybe the beetle died?:wink:

Latest posts

Back