Knitting Help

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Emeralds4me

Registered Shopper
I don't know if anyone can help. I like to knit items but eyesight is not good. Anyway, I am a straight knitter, can not do fancy patterns and neither can I pick up necks or sew the items together, 1, do not know how and 2, eyesight probs. So, is there anyone that could help.
All I knit I give away to the poor overseas, am looking for someone that I could send my finished pieces to so they can be finished off. I would pay for the postage and of course their time in doing it.
Many thanks for reading x:wonder:

Hi Emeralds, and welcome to The Drop!

There are lots of options you can try. If you like knitting on straights, you might like to make easy blanket squares which you send off to be made into blankets.
There's a great project, as an example, here: http://www.knit-a-square.com/ but there are plenty of others around too.

The next time you're in a yarn shop, ask about knitting clubs in the area which may help you out. There are lots of Knit Clubs, these days, they're very popular. Sometimes the yarn shop runs them, and there are crafting groups springing up village halls, community centres, schools or churches across the UK.
Many make and donate items for charities like The Red Cross, Oxfam, Shelter, PDSA, etc, so you'd be in good company!
If you don't want to join a club yourself, you could perhaps pass your items on to them to finish, but the groups are very sociable and a good way of making new friends.

In addition, if you're in a charity shop like The Red Cross, ask there about donating knitted items. Many run volunteer projects which would be grateful for your handiwork.

Hope that helps!

Emeralds4me i knit im not great at it and I really struggle with the "sewing up" too not from bad eye sight i just seem to get it wrong alot! Toys are the worse so many little bits of knitting to be put just right!
I now mainly knit "top down " cardigan etc or things with no seams im really into knitting shawls simple triangles and half circle type, i get all my patterns from Ravelry and are usually the free ones, there are also knitting for charity groups on there if you don't want to go along to a group
If they are relatively easy items i could have a go if you would like? If you are knitting baby items top down cardis where you just seam the sides of the arms and body might be an idea? Ill look around Ravelry for ideas!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back