Classic Bid-up.tv

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

steveh31

Registered Shopper
Hi all

I haven't been on here for a while as I do not watch Bid Shopping anymore but I found this on an old video tape thought you might enjoy a bit of golden era Bid-up.tv.

I see nothing much has changed. :happy:

Some of the cips on youtube are hysterical. There was one whereby Peter Simon was recalling what an awful week he'd been having. He stated that he had a power cut but inadvertantly added the letter "n" to "cut" live on air lol! Ahhh those were the days eh!

Back when they used to have fun on these channels and when you could actually place a bid on something.

I have a clip where Peter Simon sat on a fake Christmas present prop and fell off it splitting his trousers and he spent the rest of the auction trying cover up the hole he made in them.

I remember that warehouse clearance backdrop, with what looks like warehiuse full of cans of paint. They coudn't even show their own warehouse!

Back when they used to have fun on these channels and when you could actually place a bid on something.

I have a clip where Peter Simon sat on a fake Christmas present prop and fell off it splitting his trousers and he spent the rest of the auction trying cover up the hole he made in them.

That's on youtube too. It was very funny! :giggle:

The channel used to be genuinely funny.

Here's a great clip from the golden-era with Jenny:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MIfoTYaEmSw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wonder whatever happened to her?

Last edited:
The channel used to be genuinely funny.

Here's a great clip from the golden-era with Jenny:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MIfoTYaEmSw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wonder whatever happened to her?

It was that best bidding nonsense that ruined the channel for me.

Surely rising price auctions would be better for them? We always hear them going on about how they've lost money because the price has gone under the "cost price"

It may be me but i can hear peter simon softly in the background on speed auction tv right now when there's no music.

Latest posts

Back