Thomas Kinkade - paragon of wonderfulness?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

E

Enigma

Guest Shopper
BLIMEY! :mysmilie_471: Yes PS isn't quite painting us the same picture, (excuse the pun, couldn't resist), of "the man" is he LOL!

Just goes to show, doesn't it? :happy:

Uncle Pete's saying Tommy Kinkade died of "natural causes".

Didn't know alcohol and Valium overdoses were "natural".

OK OK I give in! I admit it...I'm bullsh*t deprived!! Haven't watched Bid for a while & as we're marooned in ice & freezing weather I've flicked over to Bid, ahhh BS levels rising nicely now Peter Simon's on selling a bag lol :wink

Ooooh he's just shown a hat that looks like it's come from a war museum. I can honestly say I've never seen anyone wear anything like it in my lifetime. Fair play, he's going to have to shovel it on to sell that!

Last edited:
Just goes to show, doesn't it? :happy:

Uncle Pete's saying Tommy Kinkade died of "natural causes".

Didn't know alcohol and Valium overdoses were "natural".

Hahaha!! He was only 54, looks older to me, prob the drugs & booze.

So did elvis died from drugs and Monroe also died of overdose, FAME is it all that.

So did elvis died from drugs and Monroe also died of overdose, FAME is it all that.
Michael Jackson, O/D'd too, oh yes also Whitney & Amy W & sixties pop stars well...that's a list! Hendrix, that bloke from the Doors, Joplin...

Last edited:
No one's trying to sell Elvis, Marilyn or MJ products by saying they're paragons of peacefulness, virtue or faith though.

"Tom" was given a message, he was gifted and had strong faith...Shame he chucked his life away on O/D ing accidentally on valium while drunk whilst living with his new woman, having kicked his wife of 30 years out. Hmmm not feelin the religious, ethical side of the man Mr. Simon have to say.:confused:

Last edited:
Just read an article about Kinkade's death that was in The Guardian...

At his peak in 2001 his company generated £81M in sales ($130M)
A few years later he filed for bankruptcy, unable to pay his creditors and defrauding two franchisees. He was ordered to pay $860,000.
His marriage of 28 years ended in separation as his excesses continued to spiral out of control.
He also engaged in what he termed "ritual territory marking" whereby he'd urinate on a winnie the pooh figure at a disney hotel. (I'm not making this up, honest)!
He is reported to have said "When I got saved, God became my art agent", (Well I guess if you're going to employ an agent who better)!

Somehow I can't see the above being reeled off by Peter Simon when he sells his prints.
I don't wish to be nasty about a man who clearly had issues & consequently had an untimley death but a strong advocate of religious faith?? REALLY??:confused:

Last edited:
Well it's Sunday evening and Peter Simon is on Bid flogging a Thomas Kincaid masterpiece.
Cue not only haunting choral music, not only one spotlight on the picture, not only cathedral like atmosphere!
It brings not only a lump to my throat and not only a tear to my eye not only every time I hear the man's story :grin:
I quote St Peter, apparently Kincaid died at a young age of 54 of a heart attack - no s**t Sherlock - an overdose of those proportions is enough to stop anyone's ticker.
It just shows how even the sordid truth can be manipulated to make a sale!

Well it's Sunday evening and Peter Simon is on Bid flogging a Thomas Kincaid masterpiece.
Cue not only haunting choral music, not only one spotlight on the picture, not only cathedral like atmosphere!
It brings not only a lump to my throat and not only a tear to my eye not only every time I hear the man's story :grin:
I quote St Peter, apparently Kincaid died at a young age of 54 of a heart attack - no s**t Sherlock - an overdose of those proportions is enough to stop anyone's ticker.
It just shows how even the sordid truth can be manipulated to make a sale![/QUOTE

Hahahaha! :mysmilie_61: I was thinking the very same thing last nite. That's one heck of a load of valium & booze he must have had. Sad for anyone to get to that state, however as Enigma said, hardly the paragon of virtue eh.

Kids don't listen to peter simon, do not take drugs you end up having a painful death.

Interesting what Wiki says about him - especially about licensed products.

Thomas Kinkade (January 19, 1958 – April 6, 2012)[2][3] was an American painter of popular realistic, bucolic, and idyllic subjects.[3] He is notable for the mass marketing of his work as printed reproductions and other licensed products via The Thomas Kinkade Company. He characterized himself as "Thomas Kinkade, Painter of Light," a phrase he protected through trademark but one originally attributed to the English master J.M.W. Turner (1775–1851).[4] He was claimed to be "America's most-collected living artist" before his death[5] with an estimated 1 in every 20 American homes owning a copy of one of his paintings.[6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

You are all too cynical, especially you young Mr PJ.

Lisa Brash and Steve McDonald are Art Experts, they know what they are talking about. If they say Kinkade works are potential investment items then that's good enough for me.

I urge you to look, listen, and absorb their advices. Like Mason knows great sound McDonald and Brash know Art.

Latest posts

Back