Amusing lies from Bid presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

aqua

Registered Shopper
Here are a couple of amusing bits of b*******t from your favourite presenters.
Guy Kean on the washballs;
'I take these with me when I go on holiday,or away for the weekend.'
Of course you do Guy-what could be more natural than filling your suitcase with dirty great plastic balls of washing powder when you're off on holiday!
Then Caroline Lyndsay on on the fragrance diffusers,the air freshener things that you plug into the mains socket.
'I bought a load of these to give as presents'.
Sure you did Caroline,what a charming gift idea.A bit like giving someone a gift wrapped can of Johnsons Glade.
Whoever you gave them to must have been absolutely thrilled!

Of course you do Guy-what could be more natural than filling your suitcase with dirty great plastic balls of washing powder when you're off on holiday!
Then Caroline Lyndsay on on the fragrance diffusers,the air freshener things that you plug into the mains socket.
Sure you did Caroline,what a charming gift idea.A bit like giving someone a gift wrapped can of Johnsons Glade.

That sounds like exactly the kind of crap present she would give to someone...and as for Guys holiday...you're be surprised at what men will pack...

Guy also said a 10 pack of washing powder costs £5 or £6!

I think Carolines friends got off lightly with an air freshener, imagine if she bought you something to wear? :whew:

Haha yeh rite! They really are the most shi*e shoppers aren't they!

I genuinely find that whenever a presenter on Bid says the line "I'm going to be honest with you now..." or "I'm going to tell you as it is..." you can almost guarantee that they're about to come out with a massive lie. Those lines are almost always followed by the biggest load of bollocks you'll ever hear.

The classic is "I'm going to be honest with you now....I paid 5 times that price just last week. I'll tell it as it is, I wish I had bought this instead."

Their bullshitting is so obvious I find it more embarrassing than offensive these days.

Amusing lies from Bid telly presenters?

Anything they say IMO.

I wouldn't believe any of them if they said grass was green, water was wet or that Peter Simon was a trustworthy presenter.

Can you PROVE this is a lie? or do you just have nothing more interesting in your life than to make up things like this?

Kat xxx

Can you PROVE this is a lie? or do you just have nothing more interesting in your life than to make up things like this?

Kat xxx

They can probably prove it's a lie as much as you can prove you haven't just joined this thread to stir up sh*te and cause bad feeling xxx

I genuinely find that whenever a presenter on Bid says the line "I'm going to be honest with you now..." or "I'm going to tell you as it is..." you can almost guarantee that they're about to come out with a massive lie. Those lines are almost always followed by the biggest load of bollocks you'll ever hear.

The classic is "I'm going to be honest with you now....I paid 5 times that price just last week. I'll tell it as it is, I wish I had bought this instead."

Their bullshitting is so obvious I find it more embarrassing than offensive these days.

It's so bad that you'd be a fool for falling for it, besides, maybe they did maybe they didn't. Little white lies are used for sales by a lot of companies these days, in fact most co panties will stretch the truth to get a competitive advantage. And yes, it does usually bite them in the ass...but you could never hold a grudge against Peter Simons in his Christmas jumper...

I have to say this but putting aside they still sell what might be considered some dubious quality items there is a marked improvement in their pitches, there's no doubt about it.

Sure they still give it some spiel but I don't mind that within reason, so long as they are honest about the actual products and the extra charges. However, Mark Ryes was incorrect during a pitch for a 7" Yarvik earlier though. He said you can download programmes from the iPlayer onto your tablet and watch offline which you cant, he also said Waitrose have an app which they don't. However he may have been getting mixed up as both are available on the iPad which perhaps he has himself.

However, all their overall good work may come crashing down at 10pm on Bid (and ladies and gentlemen, Angels are on the agenda). We'll see.

Last edited:
Just for you, Wirral :heart:

Ha Ha. Oh I have the king of BS on right now, i'm sure any signs of improvement will be systematically shattered in the next few hours.

Another ****** throw zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I saw the preview of the Angel, this time it's a hand painted figurine.

Prepare yourself for the illness sob story. His opening monologue was as boring as it was revolting.

Last edited:
Here it is, the new Angel. Peter still has his Worry Angel, and his Rosary. He strikes me as a good Catholic.

The BS is in full flow, he is excelling himself. 'As regular viewers will know I nearly didn't see the light 8 months ago but I know, by hook or by crook, there was something. Something brought me through, to the other side, to see the light'.

Peter you have, without doubt, a rare talent.

He sold 200.

New Angel.jpg

Last edited:
Here it is, the new Angel. Peter still has his Worry Angel, and his Rosary. He strikes me as a good Catholic.

The BS is in full flow, he is excelling himself. 'As regular viewers will know I nearly didn't see the light 8 months ago but I know, by hook or by crook, there was something. Something brought me through, to the other side, to see the light'.

Peter you have, without doubt, a rare talent.

He sold 200.

View attachment 8677

Maybe he bought one of those lamps Mike was flogging earlier.

Well it would give more light than a ****** ornament!

Ornament?

Bid's worry angels are more than mere ornaments!

They're sent from Heaven above via St Peter of the Unfinished Sentences.

Look at the miracles they perform. P&P is mentioned by nearly every presenter!

Latest posts

Back