Acrylic stamps and Staz-On

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think if you are using any water based colouring in technique like using your aquamarkers then you will need to use an ink like staz-on for stamping with first. I have used staz-on on my acrylic stamps and don't bother to wash them afterwards I just leave the ink to dry. It doesn't bother me because I think alot of the cheaper acrylic stamps discolour and become brittle over time anyway and I get fed up with the same designs after a while too.

If I have a stamp design that I absolutely love and don't want to ruin (a keeper) then I only use memento inks and colour in with promarkers:nod:

I wouldn't used the staz-on cleaner on my acrylic stamps as I have heard that they can melt the design detail, not sure if thats correct as I haven't had a go.

I have more acrylic stamps than rubber ones and I use Stazon on them because I haven't got any alcohol pens and use water-based colouring mediums such as Whispers/Watercolour pencils/H2O paints. I know not to use Stazon cleaner on them and they're fine so far. Anyway, it's a heck of a lot cheaper to replace the odd acrylic stamp when and if it gets damaged, than to buy a set of alcohol pens.

I've just remembered I heard somewhere that you can clean acrylic stamps with staz-on cleaner but you have to wash them quickly after, again not sure about this and haven't tried it myself.

SueG - agree, acrylic stamps are quite cheap to replace nowadays.:nod:

I like the fact that Stazon stains the stamps - it means I can see the detail. Not all my acrylic stamps have the image with them and it also means that if I only want to use a part of the stamp I know where I am going!

Latest posts

Back