By heck, I'm warm now......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh you energetic little dimple you! I've not moved out of the door today tho this morning the sky was blue and the sun shone...but we've returned to grey, which seems to be the default setting at the mo!

I haven't ventured out for the last couple of days, apart from checking the fishpond was alright, yesterday morning.

I hate the snow and ice. Don't think I'm brave enough to go for a drive yet, although I think the main roads are reasonably clear.

I've just finished doing the same thing DD, need to show my face at work this afternoon unfortunately. It's thawed a lot since yesterday, so not too bad.

combination of the weather and having a bad cold, I've not really been out much for 3 weeks now - cabin fever not far away - like Min I feel TK Maxx calling to me (among others!!) Our estate roads are still terrible and I lack the confidence for driving in it these days. I said to my dad on the phone yesterday that I would've forgotten what he looked like at this rate..this will be the fourth week I've not been up...again, the bad cold, which I didn't want to share with him at his age and in his state of health, plus Kirkby has its own eco system, if it's cold here, it's snowing there!

aw, I hope you soon start to feel better. When I broke my foot months ago, it took me ages before I could drive again and lost my confidence somewhat.

I just hate driving in bad weather. One promise I made to myself when I retired was that I wouldn't go out in icy weather unless it was necessary. I had enough scary moments driving when I had to travel to work.

Then again, looking for bargains in TK Maxx is sounding attractive.........

ooh I had a bad foot too - not broken they said after X-ray but it was very painful for about two months..then I got the cold..! Same here with being retired..when you're working you have to do it don't you, but when you don't HAVE to, it's a different matter..! I think we'll all have to meet up and lay siege to TKM!

Well I skated to work this morning. My road wasn't great but the office car park is lethal. They've gritted the pavements but not the car park. I slid elegantly round the corner this morning in my daft rear wheel drive car. Well I think it was elegant but I know I didn't hit another car or a passerby so that's good. It'll be exciting getting out tonight. The exit is on a slope and joins a fairly busy road. Not a main road thankfully because I can already tell that I will simply slide right out the gate!! I'm leaving at 4.30 latest because I can really ... lol

ooh I had a bad foot too - not broken they said after X-ray but it was very painful for about two months..then I got the cold..! Same here with being retired..when you're working you have to do it don't you, but when you don't HAVE to, it's a different matter..! I think we'll all have to meet up and lay siege to TKM!

I didn't have an xray until months after the event, I was reassured initially that it was just a bad sprain. I thought I was being soft because I kept trying to walk on it, failing miserably then having to resort back to crutches. Many weeks after, it was xrayed .....and I had broken it. Took me months of intense physio to get back to nearly normal. Still limp at times but hey ho, that's life.

Well I skated to work this morning. My road wasn't great but the office car park is lethal. They've gritted the pavements but not the car park. I slid elegantly round the corner this morning in my daft rear wheel drive car. Well I think it was elegant but I know I didn't hit another car or a passerby so that's good. It'll be exciting getting out tonight. The exit is on a slope and joins a fairly busy road. Not a main road thankfully because I can already tell that I will simply slide right out the gate!! I'm leaving at 4.30 latest because I can really ... lol

Oh, do take care. It's frightening when your tyres don't grip on the road. I've had a few scary moments in the past. Here's hoping the bit of sun today has melted the icy patches.

I didn't have an xray until months after the event, I was reassured initially that it was just a bad sprain. I thought I was being soft because I kept trying to walk on it, failing miserably then having to resort back to crutches. Many weeks after, it was xrayed .....and I had broken it. Took me months of intense physio to get back to nearly normal. Still limp at times but hey ho, that's life.

it's a pig trying to get about with a bad foot isn't it - eight weeks it took, only just stopped hurting and I'm convinced there was a hairline crack or something for it to take that long...I bashed my foot on the bedroom door frame, don't ask me how, I kept hold of the door handle but landed up sitting on the landing carpet - probably did a somersault! When they X-rayed it the woman fetched a colleague and there were mutterings behind the screen before they said it was ok and sent me home, so from the off I wasn't totally convinced. I hope it won't be long before you're back to normal...it doesn't help with confidence trying to walk on ice & snow does it!

I did the same. Slid out of my Close, and slid/drove in first and second gear until I got to the main road and then actually got up to 20 mph!!!! It was almost clear of snow but the slush had frozen and, where there wasn't any slush, the road was shiny (ie icy.) Got to the school gates and then had to negotiate the uncleared car park. Parked in a few inches of fresh snow and then cautiously wandered to the path that the site supervisor had cleared and then managed to walk 'normally.'

When I came out at 12.15 p.m. (I work from home in the afternoons) we'd got fog, so driving back home was another cautious journey. The snow is now getting boring!

Hope everyone else who's ventured out is safe and sound.

We've got more snow now but it started off as rain so with that and cars in and out the car park all day I am home safe and sound. But if we have the 2 - 4 inches forecast then I won't be going out tomorrow. My road is already white. Grr!'

That is probably classed as an essential journey.

sure is! I've told OH he'll have to run me to Aldi as I need washing powder, bread & milk..didn't mention the Italian White that will be going in the trolley oh so casually as I wander thru Wines & Spirits!

Latest posts

Back