Panjaban Curry Sauce Bases

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wirral70

Registered Shopper
Has anyone ever tried these sauces? They are on Bid now and it's the first time I have seen or heard of them, priced at £9.99 plus £7.99 p+p for 6 x 350g jars which is actually cheaper than buying them direct from the manufacturer (they seem to charge £15 + £8 delivery).

According to their own website they will be available on Speed Auction tonight at 7pm for £14.99 and free P+P so a few quid cheaper than the auction I just watched. I cannot say I am familiar with the brand but I love a curry!

http://www.panjaban.co.uk/purchase

http://www.speedauction.tv/ProductDescriptionPage.aspx?Id=5256908&Cat=8&Sub=16&Type=Categories

Last edited:
They might be alright, if they're anything as good as the sauces and chutneys I bought from QVC at a bargainous price last year!

Hmmm may be good, hard to tell really. I buy Meah's madras curry sauce by mail order. Tastes like the best restaurant curry but be warned, the madras isn't lightweight in terms of heat :wink: x.

The programme isn't on anyway, there's some guy I have never seen selling jewellery!

Oh well...we should have known there'd be a cock up ! They must be good then lol :nod:

They are meant to be on Bid later on with Mason as well but I suppose they'll be the same price as before.

Who is the guy on Bid Plus (Speed Auction) now? Clearly a newbie, keeps getting tongue tied and inexplicably said when selling blue jewellery 'maybe blue jewellery isn't for you?. I bet the bosses loved that! Bless, won't last long at this rate!

They are meant to be on Bid later on with Mason as well but I suppose they'll be the same price as before.

Who is the guy on Bid Plus (Speed Auction) now? Clearly a newbie, keeps getting tongue tied and inexplicably said when selling blue jewellery 'maybe blue jewellery isn't for you?. I bet the bosses loved that! Bless, won't last long at this rate!

If they appear again & they're too expensive to take a chance on google "Meah curry sauces" or "Meah's" & see what they've got Wirral. At least you can see reviews for the sauces too & then decide if you want to buy based on some evidence x.

If they appear again & they're too expensive to take a chance on google "Meah curry sauces" or "Meah's" & see what they've got Wirral. At least you can see reviews for the sauces too & then decide if you want to buy based on some evidence x.

Thanks Nikki.

They're on now, same price as earlier. Mind you they would have only been £3 cheaper had they been on Speed Auction as mentioned on the website anyway.

£18 for 6 all in dosen't seem too bad if they are good quality.

They're on now, same price as earlier. Mind you they would have only been £3 cheaper had they been on Speed Auction as mentioned on the website anyway.

£18 for 6 all in dosen't seem too bad if they are good quality.

I can't believe I'm saying this but actually that's not a bad price at all even with the p&p. I'll stick to Meahs as theirs may be a couple of quid more for the same batch size but theirs comes in huge plastic tubs & is truly yummy. That's just a personal thing. Also the glass jar ones I've tried from supermarkets have been just about average & some barely that. These may be better tho x.

I can't believe I'm saying this but actually that's not a bad price at all even with the p&p. I'll stick to Meahs as theirs may be a couple of quid more for the same batch size but theirs comes in huge plastic tubs & is truly yummy. That's just a personal thing. Also the glass jar ones I've tried from supermarkets have been just about average & some barely that. These may be better tho x.

Indeed Nikki, I have easily paid that for similar sized sauces, and more. Many are simply too greasy and fatty for me and the lower fat ones can often be bland, these have no Ghee but instead use Olive Oil.

They seem an authentic family run company, I might order some but this is Bid!

Last edited:
Indeed Nikki, I have easily paid that for similar sized sauces, and more. Many are simply too greasy and fatty for me and the lower fat ones can often be bland, these have no Ghee but instead use Olive Oil.

They seem an authentic family run company, I might order some but this is Bid!

Go on, do it...go to the dark side...

these are well worth a go

as they said they sell them locally near me but are a very small company

i have my stock and they are good quality and healthy and taste really great (not even comparable to the supermarket jars)

i am actually pleased bid are supporting a young small family run company

as for the price more than fair they are not cheap even in the local shop that stocks them around here

these are well worth a go

as they said they sell them locally near me but are a very small company

i have my stock and they are good quality and healthy and taste really great (not even comparable to the supermarket jars)

i am actually pleased bid are supporting a young small family run company

as for the price more than fair they are not cheap even in the local shop that stocks them around here

Cheers, they are indeed a fair price. Waitrose do a decent range of sauces (same size but around half the price) but jeez they are incredibly fatty to the extent the empty plate is grease laden, they do half fat options of the same flavours but they are a bit bland for me so these would seem perfect.

In for a penny.....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back