PPI calls

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

tristar

Guest Shopper
What a nuisance. I know I should register with whoever but why should we have to?

Because many many companies sell via telephone and that is life so if you don't want calls TPS is your friend.

Sazza, do you happen to know if TPS is only active if you're with BT? I been pestered far more since switching to TalkTalk a couple of years ago?

Don't think so but could be you need to re-register, maybe change of provider has somehow dropped you off TPS?

If the call centre is outside the UK they can do what they like, and TPS can't touch 'em, sadly. Caller display is a great invention - I don't answer 0800, 0845, or international numbers.

If I were you, tristar, I'd still register with TPS. It only takes a second to do it online, and it really cuts down on those annoying sales calls. If you get pestered, just mention you're registered and they can't get off the line fast enough.

I'm on Virgin and have been registered for years - however, i've noticed we seem to be getting more and more nuisance calls even so, as you say Sublime, if they're not in the UK, and another ploy is to tell you that they're not actually selling anything - that's if they get that far, I usually hang up.

You can easily spot its a call centre, there will be a silent 30 second break before they speak. So just hang up.

Or if bored I will use the few Gaelic sentences I know over and over again. Confuses the hell out of them.:grin: "Do you speak English?" they repeat.

I am ex directory and with TPS. Still get the odd one. Or ask them for the address of the company, they will suddenly hang up.

Yes, the 30 second silence is usually a good giveaway. However, I sometimes get calls from friends living overseas but usually they would phone in the evening. I just say I can't talk at the moment and hang up. I know I registered once but maybe I need to do it again.

I am also registered with TPS and we get loads of calls, I even thought at one time that I must of been dropped off there list so tried registering again on line but it came up that I was already registered so it dosent stop all these types of calls
I dont answer the phone unless I know the number because it will often come up as unavailable or a number that I know isnt any of my friends or family I do have an answer phone which is a back up because they always hang up if that cuts in.

I am registered too but still get loads of calls. I read somewhere that a chap sued the company who called him as they were breaking the law as he was registered. So now when I answer I just say 'you do realise that I am registered with the TPS and by calling me you are breaking the law - if you want to continue with this call then I will take you to court'. They can't get off the line quick enough LOL

It is till annoying because they always call at the most inappropriate time.

Latest posts

Back