P&P Now being mentioned

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bid p&p

Registered Shopper
So it seems ASA are finally putting their foot down with regards to bid shopping (hoorah!) as many presenters are now mentioning the p&p in every sale, some even the phone charge!

Here are just a coupe I have heard:

Mike Mason:
"That's just £12.99, add the p&p and we'll deliver direct to your door. If your not satisfied then simply return it to us and we'll give you back £12.99" (notice he doesn't mention the p&p this time, ah well can;t have everything I suppose!)

Sally Jaxx:
"Even with your p&p and call charges that's still a bargain!" (hmm you obviously have a different meaning of the word 'bargain' to me Sally)

Peter Simon:
"£16.99, that's just £8.50 each, with your p&p we'll deliver direct to your door" and, in this sale, he also said (quickly) "£23.99 with your p&p".

While typing this up, Peter Simon was selling a 4pc of pillows and looked rather sternly to the camera and emphasising the word FACT while spouting something about winning awards, at the end said and if you want to query that then look it up it's a fact. Would that be aimed at this forum by any chance peter?!?

Has anyone else seen any presenters mentioning the p&p and, if so, do they have a particular line they like to say?

By the way, I'm new to the forum but have been browsing for years, so hi

So it seems ASA are finally putting their foot down with regards to bid shopping (hoorah!) as many presenters are now mentioning the p&p in every sale, some even the phone charge!

Here are just a coupe I have heard:

Mike Mason:
"That's just £12.99, add the p&p and we'll deliver direct to your door. If your not satisfied then simply return it to us and we'll give you back £12.99" (notice he doesn't mention the p&p this time, ah well can;t have everything I suppose!)

Sally Jaxx:
"Even with your p&p and call charges that's still a bargain!" (hmm you obviously have a different meaning of the word 'bargain' to me Sally)

Peter Simon:
"£16.99, that's just £8.50 each, with your p&p we'll deliver direct to your door" and, in this sale, he also said (quickly) "£23.99 with your p&p".

While typing this up, Peter Simon was selling a 4pc of pillows and looked rather sternly to the camera and emphasising the word FACT while spouting something about winning awards, at the end said and if you want to query that then look it up it's a fact. Would that be aimed at this forum by any chance peter?!?

Has anyone else seen any presenters mentioning the p&p and, if so, do they have a particular line they like to say?

By the way, I'm new to the forum but have been browsing for years, so hi

They are all mentioning P+P now.

Funny that isn't it? And welcome to the forum!

Wonder why other shopping channels get away without mentioning anything, same as the graphics, IW costs 20p a min and the text is tiny so can quite easily cost more than bids £1.53

Wonder why other shopping channels get away without mentioning anything, same as the graphics, IW costs 20p a min and the text is tiny so can quite easily cost more than bids £1.53

Perhaps it could be related to complaints about multibuys, and suggesting you can buy nine items for £9 when in fact it costs well over £80!

Or perhaps the ASA are just getting sick and tired of them. Personally I couldn't possibly comment.

Last edited:

Maybe IW's customers only buy from the website?

All three of those remaining, anyway.

Ben Hull is on price drop now and is not mentioning the p&p at all, do you think I should make a complaint?

He was selling some gener8 washballsand said "they are only £7.99" but I thought they now could not officially say that the value of the item without mentioning the p&p (thus bringing the p&p to a total of £15.98")?

p+p is clearly displayed on screen, why complain ? , are you going to complain about all other shopping channels ?

Ben Hull is on price drop now and is not mentioning the p&p at all, do you think I should make a complaint?

He was selling some gener8 washballsand said "they are only £7.99" but I thought they now could not officially say that the value of the item without mentioning the p&p (thus bringing the p&p to a total of £15.98")?

This hasn't officially been upheld yet, but it's going through the process so nothing will be done. I can't give any further comments, but It will be standard in the next few weeks.

Latest posts

Back