I'm sorry, but does Peter actually realise what he is saying?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bennyxp

Registered Shopper
His introduction tonight

"That's it, lets get the crumpet out, a marshmallow, lets just settle ourselves down, with our hands in front of the fire, with our phone near by to get a bargain.Ladys and gentlemen, here is an extra firelighter, another bar on the fire. Here is a LEAKING RADIATOR it's Peter Simon!!"

His introduction tonight

"That's it, lets get the crumpet out, a marshmallow, lets just settle ourselves down, with our hands in front of the fire, with our phone near by to get a bargain.Ladys and gentlemen, here is an extra firelighter, another bar on the fire. Here is a LEAKING RADIATOR it's Peter Simon!!"

I find his monologues creepy and vile. He's doing a Yarvik, did you hear him say he must get it right because the ASA are watching them?

Marvellous. And we are watching you TOO!

"I want to get this right, as the asa this is the organisation who watches us....[producer probably tells him to keep quiet about it]...I wanna get this right, so this runs on Jelly Bean right, Esther?"

I certainly did! I bet the ASA are on their backs near enough everyday at the minute

Good. All I want them to do is be more open and honest about their products, charges and stop using techniques that could encourage a pointless phonecall. I see signs of hope but there's plenty of room for improvement.

The only way to ensure they change is to keep on complaining when we see something wrong. It's clearly working.

Last edited:
I find his monologues creepy and vile. He's doing a Yarvik, did you hear him say he must get it right because the ASA are watching them?

Marvellous. And we are watching you TOO!

So does that mean that he didn't bother about getting it right prior to him being aware that the ASA were checking do we think? Blimey, even I didn't think he would dis his own tactics which by the sound of it is what he's practically done by saying that!

So does that mean that he didn't bother about getting it right prior to him being aware that the ASA were checking do we think? Blimey, even I didn't think he would dis his own tactics which by the sound of it is what he's practically done by saying that!

Playing Devil's Advocate, and being completely impartial one could see how one might come to that conclusion :wink:

His introduction tonight

Haha. I thought that was quite funny. :grin:

Peter is currently working his nuts off flogging a series of watches with the brand name 'Pendule'.The keen eyed obsever will note that they look very similar to the Earnshaw range,which is not surprising as they are from the same manufacturer Solartime and are fitted with the same movements from the Seagull company.
It looks as though there has been a management directive to the presenters to acknowledge the p&p rather than the old policy of total denial.
This is no doubt due to the recent interventions by the ASA.Perhaps the members of this forum can take some credit for bringing this to the ASA's attention.
It would be interesting to know how this new transparency is impacting on the sales figures.In any event it's good to see them starting to clean up their act!

Yes, I find his monologues quite creepy..Hate the way he gives that look to the camera when he's said something crude. Wouldn't be so bad if he was actually funny! And his style of "saying ANYTHING to make a sale" is to tell us in graphic detail how certain products would benefit certain conditions and ailments that most self respecting people wouldn't discuss in polite company, that's bad enough, but he claims to suffer from all of them himself. Piles the size of walnuts, leaky waterworks, explosive diarrhoea, acid reflux, and flatulence that would make the dog run for cover!

Yes, I find his monologues quite creepy..Hate the way he gives that look to the camera when he's said something crude. Wouldn't be so bad if he was actually funny! And his style of "saying ANYTHING to make a sale" is to tell us in graphic detail how certain products would benefit certain conditions and ailments that most self respecting people wouldn't discuss in polite company, that's bad enough, but he claims to suffer from all of them himself. Piles the size of walnuts, leaky waterworks, explosive diarrhoea, acid reflux, and flatulence that would make the dog run for cover!

Hear Hear. Unfunny, unoriginal and unbelievably....... unbelievable!

Grotesque creature. But he was spot on regarding the ASA so he isn't as green as he would have us believe.

Did anyone see him selling the new luxury 'Pendule' watches? (pronounced Pen-Du-Ley, well that's how he said it). Next to nothing on Google about them (except from Bid).

When the assistant was laughingly mentioning Chopard etc he actually said something like 'but this watch is none of those brands'. Who would have thought it, he has been the master of brand association in the past.

Last edited:
i think its great to see him squirming whilst being forced to mention p&p, and we are so obviously rattling his cage for him
to say about the ASA.... Thursday night he was rattled again saying 'yes we are award winning.. FACT'....
He also said last night whilst selling the Yarvik tablet that he was trying to learn about the internet and i reakon that he
is now a regular visitor to these pages, so i say PETER SIMON... WE ARE WATCHING YOU so you better grab hold of your
poxy worry angel

'yes we are award winning.. FACT'

The thing is, they may be award winning, but for what? Yes, they were the first auction channel in 2000 and first falling price channel in 2003, so i suppose these are the 'awards' he will be mentioning for the next 20 years :L

The thing is, they may be award winning, but for what? Yes, they were the first auction channel in 2000 and first falling price channel in 2003, so i suppose these are the 'awards' he will be mentioning for the next 20 years :L
Yeh they must be the awards they've won cos there was no one else quite literally about to give the awards to at the time lol!

I saw a company make big claims about how they won some eco award for x years blah blah. Checked it out & it was part of their own company network that actually instigated the award in the 1st place so they were basically giving themselves an award & bragging about it each year!

I didn't spot any Bid Tv people at the recent TV awards on ITV this week did you? Praps they were sitting at the back :wink:

When James Russell handed over to Sally Jacks at 6.30pm he said 'award winning show' and Sally, looking bemused said 'what award?'. Then she said 'where's my statue then?'

He is such an arse but fair play to Sally, I really get the impression there is absolutely no love lost between those two.

If they really want an award why don't we get together and create our own ceremony, we could call it 'The Blags'. I could think of a few categories, how about 'Award for Shopping TV Presenter most likely to exaggerate the healing powers of a Plastic/Glass figurine'. And the winner is ...............

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back