Could someone help me with an email account problem?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Toril

Registered Shopper
I'm not that technically minded and was hoping that those who are could possibly help/reassure me.

I have a Hotmail account and use Mozilla on my laptop. I check my emails a minimum of once a day and have done so for the past heaven knows how many years. Tonight I signed in as usual and got this message ..........

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect
securely to dub002.mail.live.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.
Normally, when you try to connect securely,
sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are
going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to
this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is
trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

Needless to say, I didn't continue to log in and closed everything down.

I have an anti virus programme which also deals with Trojans etc, and I never click on junk mail incase it's spam, but does this message mean I've been hacked or is it just Firefox being cautionary while they investigate? I normally ask a friend about computer issues but obviously I can't copy and paste that message into an email and send it to him at the moment. Should I just wait and see if it corrects itself, have any of you ever seen this message on your computer .......... and who do I contact if it doesn't 'return to normal?'

Sorry to sound so computer illiterate but hopefully one of you will be able to help. Thanks. :sun:

Edit: I've just tried to access it via IE and get a similar message, so is there a problem with Hotmail at the moment? Thanks again.

Last edited:
I was going to say when that happens try IE but you have so I don't know what to suggest.

Have you got protection against spyware/malware as well as viruses?

I suggest you use a different computer to go onto MSN and change your password for hotmail just in case your account was hacked. I had that happen to me

Good luck, but you need a techie person to advise I think.

Thanks for your replies.

I've just logged on to try my email account again and all's now working fine, so it must have been 'one of those things.' Both my computers are very well protected (my ex who works in IT recently sorted that out for me) and I regularly change my email password after I ended up sending an email to all my contacts (including work contacts :eek:) telling people how to earn 'extra dollars at home.' I don't think those in the LEA were impressed. :wink:

The message I got may well have been because of the AV programs I've got or it was Hotmail ensuring that anyone who tried to log in got a 'heads up' as to potential problems.

Last edited:
DH has a belt and braces approach to security but even he had to admit he'd over done it when we all got a Zone Alarm message "Internet Explorer is trying to connect to the internet"!

Glad you got it back to normal.

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back