Mutant eyebrows

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just Beauty Direct

For all your beauty needs
I am mortified.
For years I have moaned at OH to trim his brows. It's a man thing.
But I just looked in the mirror and pulled out one of my eyebrow hairs that was sticking up and it was over an inch long.
Ewwwwww.
Where did that come from!!!

I'd have a good look at your chin "area" while you're at it! Little buggers pop up fully developed overnight.....

Mother Nature can be a real :tongue2:
I'd like to have a few words with her!

Have a good look all over - in the past I have found a rogue BLACK hair next to my knee and one halfway down my arm eeeeeeeeeek!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just hope that the hairs in the nose do not start to grow like the di with men as well

I think one of the key moments of the aging process for me was realising that glorious bright sunshine on the face was actually simply a magnifying glass for every hair/wrinkle/open pore.
Not a good look
Turn away from the light.... :coo2l:

I think one of the key moments of the aging process for me was realising that glorious bright sunshine on the face was actually simply a magnifying glass for every hair/wrinkle/open pore.
Not a good look
Turn away from the light.... :coo2l:

It's not necessarily a bad thing though.

I noticed a much shorter friend peering up at my face one day in full sunlight - she's under 5', I'm 5' 10" - and she pointed out a dry, raised patch of skin on my cheek that I'd barely noticed. Turned out to be a pre-cancerous lesion, caused by sun damage, and I've subsequently had five more removed.

Thanks Disenchanted and quite right. I think most of us over the age of 40 will have had holidays when olive oil on the skin and lemon juice on the hair were considered de rigeur.
-
I am very different now and am grateful that in the days when I did not look after my skin sun-wise we never went anywhere abroad so any sun worshipping was on a UK beach or in the back garden.

What I meant though was when the sunlight catches you, like through a window, rather than proper exposure so to speak

I think most of us over the age of 40 will have had holidays when olive oil on the skin and lemon juice on the hair were considered de rigeur.
-
I am very different now and am grateful that in the days when I did not look after my skin sun-wise we never went anywhere abroad so any sun worshipping was on a UK beach or in the back garden.

My parents were sun worshippers and we lived on the coast. We didn't have foreign hols either but were chucked outside from dawn til dusk to fry in coconut oil.............who knew?

I remember being shouted at for not wearing sun cream, think it must have been in the mid eighties, but even then it was so you didn't burn not because of long term protection.
I can't remember when skin cancer awareness started, but it was definitely after my teens.
As you say, who knew.

Latest posts

Back