Peter Simon's 'Retractions'

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Atticus

Registered Shopper
I've now heard Peter have to retract several of his statements on Bid, presumably the producer is now telling him that he's getting it wrong and to correct himself (that and ASA are currently on their heels). He seems to get a bit stressy about having to retract them, but at least he's doing it.

Bid are really behaving themselves these days - the mega-hard sell and lies are definitely less now. How long do we think it will last?

I've now heard Peter have to retract several of his statements on Bid, presumably the producer is now telling him that he's getting it wrong and to correct himself (that and ASA are currently on their heels). He seems to get a bit stressy about having to retract them, but at least he's doing it.

Bid are really behaving themselves these days - the mega-hard sell and lies are definitely less now. How long do we think it will last?

For the Amethyst ring just on? Sadly his retraction was wrong, after claiming it was Silver his retraction said it was Rhodium and Silver when it was in fact it was Rhodium and Brass.

For the Amethyst ring just on? Sadly his retraction was wrong, after claiming it was Silver his retraction said it was Rhodium and Silver when it was in fact it was Rhodium and Brass.

I'm not watching at the mo, but I've heard him issue several of them over the past few days. So he offered a retraction which was also wrong? Oh dear.

He was close! :wait:

I'm not watching at the mo, but I've heard him issue several of them over the past few days. So he offered a retraction which was also wrong? Oh dear.

Completely and utterly wrong Joshua, completely and utterly unacceptable too. Never have I known a shopping telly presenter make so many mistakes concerning metals.

Oh well, here we go again.......

I would like to think mistakes like these are not deliberate, I really would. But given the number of occasions it happens with certain presenters it would be easy to also consider it incompetence and maybe someone like that shouldn't really be given the responsibility of making an honest and accurate sales pitch.

He didn't even get something as simple as the overall cost right, when the ring was £4.90 he said that even with the P+P it was under £12 but later on did get it right, perhaps after being prompted.

I might add that 'brass' was not once mentioned during the pitch, not even on screen which merely said 'Rhodium plated'. It was only mentioned on the website.

Last edited:
Does that mean that there'll soon be a statement/retraction about tanzanite not running out or the worry angels not working? :wink:

Does that mean that there'll soon be a statement/retraction about tanzanite not running out or the worry angels not working? :wink:

Now come on, Tanzanite possibly not running out is one thing but are you honestly suggesting that speaking to Worry Angel is a waste of time?

You should be utterly ashamed of yourself :grin:

Last edited:
Iv not watched this guy before, but he is very entertaining and a change from all the female presenters on the ohter channels.

Iv not watched this guy before, but he is very entertaining and a change from all the female presenters on the ohter channels.

He's entertaining alright, do check the website and do a quick bit of research before you buy anything based solely on his pitches though.

Last edited:
Noticed Peter keeps refering to 'at home we' we at home' 'we have at home' is he married do we know? shoes you can get someone wrong, I didnt expect him to be married somehow!!

I swear Bid management must put put something into Peter Simon's coffee. He's going leather and tongs on a tacky bit of wire decoration, right now. :taphead:

Noticed Peter keeps refering to 'at home we' we at home' 'we have at home' is he married do we know? shoes you can get someone wrong, I didnt expect him to be married somehow!!

Then again he's always saying he lives alone. But he has many women around including our Bet, our Maud, our Karen etc. When he's presenting he stays in a room in a house in London.

Thanks for the info. Just watched a few hours of him, he sails pretty close to the wind, in all directions! he pushes the innuendo and the sales pitch is like Kirby hoover salesman, maybe he takes hoovers round in his off air time.. The lass is he with now, well she is just plain silly, its gotten to farcial stage. Where the producer, director? he shoud surely be reigning these two in!

Latest posts

Back