fire extinguisher

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

deedee

Mike Monroe/Marilyn Mason
James Russell was selling a fire extinguisher tonight.
He was recounting a tale of a fire in the kitchen of a flat he lived in.
He suddenly paused and hurriedly said 'anyway, I don't want to put the fear of god into you' before changing tack.
Methinks he had a warning via his earpiece about scaremongering!
Me also thinks we're having an impact.
Go the forum!

He suddenly paused and hurriedly said 'anyway, I don't want to put the fear of god into you' before changing tack.
Go the forum!

Too right!!:clapping:
Remember the "snow & ice meltgate" courtesy of Mr. Mason?! Blimey, you'd be scared to got outside after 15 mins of that! Not only that you wouldn't want any visitors either for fear they slipped & broke a limb & it would be your fault because you didn't adequately remove the snow & ice!
So things are deffo a changing, (for this shift anyway):wink:

Go the forum!

Oh yes deedee, I watched this. His 'little flat in St Albans'.

So he may or may not have got a warning AFTER he had already put the fear of god into us? Not good enough, they must stop doing this.

Insidious, I am honestly beginning to wonder if James Russell was selling a DVD about UFO's he would have a story about the time his 'missus' and him were visited by ET.

I didn't watch all his show last night but with just the first few items he had a Garden Arch, had the steamer (which curiously he said 'if you buy just one product from this channel buy this'. I thought he reserved that comment for the Sonic Toothbrush? He has Blue Magic, his wife used a vibrating plate (which of course you can barely get on in his gym for love nor money, and it costs his wife £7 for 15 minutes. Do 7 month pregnant women use these things?), he had a fire but curiously WITHOUT an extinguisher, oh, and he has Yonanas.

James, might I suggest you buy the body support products? . If you honestly think as claimed you are a 'beanpole', even comparing yourself to Rodney Trotter, you are beyond deluded. You look more like Jonathon Ross.

Last edited:
wirral

i appreciate you do not like russell ( i still do not but do think he has improved of late)

however your constant referring to his weight is in my opinion lessening your perfectly valid points against him

again to be fair to him he was trying on a coat the other day and said something along the lines of "this would have used to have fitted me but not so much now"

So he didn't have the FIRE BLANKET to hand either? :eek:

No, he seemed keener to get over the point how bad and distressing the fire was.

He said he had to use a wet towel. After saying he didn't want to scare anyone his Dad's advice was (James is never one to miss a family/friend association) 'better have have it and not need it than to need it and not have it'.

No, he seemed keener to get over the point how bad and distressing the fire was.

He said he had to use a wet towel. After saying he didn't want to scare anyone his Dad's advice was (James is never one to miss a family/friend association) 'better have have it and not need it than to need it and not have it'.

He must have passed that advice on to Mikeyboy over a brew, he says something similar

wirral

i appreciate you do not like russell ( i still do not but do think he has improved of late)

however your constant referring to his weight is in my opinion lessening your perfectly valid points against him

again to be fair to him he was trying on a coat the other day and said something along the lines of "this would have used to have fitted me but not so much now"

Well last night he claimed to be a beanpole and ludicrously compared himself to Rodney Trotter, then again he was selling a very expensive toning machine that he claimed helps him 'bulk up'. His self body description changes depending on the product he is selling.

So with all due respect I think I make a valid point. It's James who is doing the BS'ing so it's fair to call him on it. He has form, he really does.

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?22581-James-Russell-says-goodbye-to-quot-flogging-crap-on-shopping-channels-quot

Last edited:
It sounds to me like his producer told him to change track.

I've seem some awful scaremongering on the channel (thankfully it seems to have disappeared for the moment) - one of the most uncomfortable things I've seen was the shameless Mike Mason selling some terrible cheap burglar alarm saying stuff like "Burglary rates are through the roof. No one is safe. If your children are sleeping upstairs, do you know if there's an intruder? How would you feel if they went missing? Today, you are not safe in your home". It really was shocking stuff. Awful man.

It sounds to me like his producer told him to change track.

I've seem some awful scaremongering on the channel (thankfully it seems to have disappeared for the moment) - one of the most uncomfortable things I've seen was the shameless Mike Mason selling some terrible cheap burglar alarm saying stuff like "Burglary rates are through the roof. No one is safe. If your children are sleeping upstairs, do you know if there's an intruder? How would you feel if they went missing? Today, you are not safe in your home". It really was shocking stuff. Awful man.

Oh my word, that's seriously scaremongering, the man is shameless, I didn't see that one.
However, they do seem to be trying to clean up their act so let's hope it continues.
But yes, I totally agree, he was definitely told something down his earpiece that made him pause and continue with talking about his grandad.
We've got to keep the pressure on because change for the better is happening.

I dont know why but he isnt someone I would trust so quickly, he reminds me of a timeshare salesman. I think he is a bit grubby at times. Gosh they really do sell hard on this channel dont they, its very close to the bone stuff. flogging fire extinguisers seems a bit wrong somehow.

Oh no, Mason is flogging the extinguisher now. I don't think I need to comment on how he is approaching it.

But get this for a sales tactic. The huge Plasma behind him has images of flames filling the whole screen. Honestly, I kid you not.

Last edited:
Yes I saw the huge plasma screen of fire Wirral, pretty tasteless huh?!
However, I did chuckle to myself when Mikey boy said 'I don't want to worrymonger you or use scare tactics'!!
I'm thinking our forum comments are being fed back to them or they read it themselves maybe?

What next, 'imagine those flames licking towards, and then you smell the stink of burning flesh'

Yes I saw the huge plasma screen of fire Wirral, pretty tasteless huh?!
However, I did chuckle to myself when Mikey boy said 'I don't want to worrymonger you or use scare tactics'!!
I'm thinking our forum comments are being fed back to them or they read it themselves maybe?

Well DeeDee, it's safe to say the words 'Taste' and 'Bid' don't exactly go together. Talking about his late father having a fire caused by a faulty cigarette lighter and burning all the hairs off his hands and arms (but they laughed at the time). Lord knows how they'll top the flames. Maybe images of pensioners falling over on ice when they next sell the snow melting powder or shoe spikes.

Honestly, they really appear to know no shame.

Latest posts

Back