The ships foghorn and the fire bells!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

tristar

Guest Shopper
What with the booming ships horn? and the fire bell ringing? its taking me some getting used to, they talk and then suddenly the foghorn starts over them, very funny.

Haha!! get used to it tri, they do it al the time. The worst time is when you're dozing off and the noises make you jump out of your seat!

Those sound effects are really weird but they must have a proven psychological effect because they get used all the time. I can understand the siren because it gives an impression that something dramatic is about to happen even if it's only £5 knocked off the price (come on you can do better than that :wink:), but there's a wibbly wobbly sound that implies something similar as well. The bell means that a train is about to cross the studio at high speed, flattening James Russell in the process, well I can only wish for that to happen :grin:

It might have something to do with the cruises they're going to be selling tomorrow.. should be an interesting watch.

Those sound effects are really weird but they must have a proven psychological effect because they get used all the time. I can understand the siren because it gives an impression that something dramatic is about to happen even if it's only £5 knocked off the price (come on you can do better than that :wink:), but there's a wibbly wobbly sound that implies something similar as well. The bell means that a train is about to cross the studio at high speed, flattening James Russell in the process, well I can only wish for that to happen n :grin:

In your dreams PP :mysmilie_510:

They used to have the claxon, as years ago it meant there was going to be a 'price plunge' where the price would 'plunge' dramatically, then the train noise used to be used when they had a clearance, so they used it to indicate a clearance price, and now they have at least 2 others too. I think they just use random ones, and the producer decides what sound to use dependent on their mood. They use them even if the price only goes down by like 5p....

It might have something to do with the cruises they're going to be selling tomorrow.. should be an interesting watch.

I bet they'll be classy lol! A bit like the wine cases P Simon tried, in vain mainly as only a few sold as I recall, to flog a few weeks back. He did the usual random shouting out of highest end names in the business "Cristal" "Dom Peringnon" then unveiled their plonk. Wirral saw the same stuff on a website for a few quid cheaper per bottle of their champers.

Get some ear plugs Tristar is my advice, trust me they help lol :wink:

Last edited:
I bet they'll be classy lol! A bit like the wine cases P Simon tried, in vain mainly as only a few sold as I recall, to flog a few weeks back. He did the usual random shouting out of highest end names in the business "Cristal" "Dom Peringnon" then unveiled their plonk. Wirral saw the same stuff on a website for a few quid cheaper per bottle of their champers.

Get some ear plugs Tristar is my advice, trust me they help lol :wink:

Oh I remember that Nikki, the £13 champagne? Never to be seen again!

Just to give you all a heads up but here are some exclusive pictures of Bid's fleet of Cruise Liners, allegedly:-

cruise3.jpgcruise2.jpg

Here is the good ship N'George, fondly nicknamed the Lola La Rose. Many a sailor has been accommodated by this old vessel.

Cruise.jpg

Board now for a "Jolly Roger".

Last one to buy has to go down with the captain. :giggle:

Roger the cabin boy to your heart's content :mysmilie_507:

I also thought this was a thread about Sally Jaxx when I saw the word 'foghorn'!!

Latest posts

Back