Just bought a laser unit

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

tristar

Guest Shopper
I hate shaving, all my adult life, suffered with bad razor rash so Iv gone for this, hope it works good and I night not have to bother with shaving one day! cant wait for it to come.

Hope it works :) I think it's only 14 days MBG on IW, so make sure you're happy with it in the time x.

yeah Nikki, it says you have to use it every month on the area, so me like my chin, top lip and neck, so wont be too long to do. I think it would take ages to do a leg for a woman but Im hoping its gonna work and when I have completed it after the 6 month and hopefully I wont have to shave, I prob give it to my sister, as you can share lazer units apparently.

I bought one 3 or 4 years ago. Don't know if it works because I didn't persist with it. That's another one of my purchases cluttering my house up. Let us know how you get on with it tristar.

I'd have been put off by the 14 day restriction. If it needs longer to work, then give it a longer money back guarantee. Unless they're aware it's another bit of tat they're selling.

I think you should be prepared for "long term hair reduction" rather than complete hair removal!

I bought this laser unit, well actually the Rio one they used to sell and for a lot more money than now and had 30 day money back guarantee---had no success with it whatsoever!!!! Used it every day on a different part for a week, then repeated same areas in weeks two and three to catch the growing phase as they tell you to and it had NO effect at all. The hairs on my chin that I targeted continued to grow so were obviously in the growing phase. I was very disappointed as I thought this machine was going to be the answer to my prayers (being a somewhat hairy individual!) I would honestly say don't waste your money unless you only need to target facial hair that isn't coarse. It takes a lot of time and effort, especially when doing legs, your arms ache holding them up whilst doing underarms and of course you need to be sitting quite near a plug socket, or standing when doing the bikini line! I think these laser machines work best on fine, downy hair but certainly wasn't for me and to be truthful even if it had been successful I think I would be still using it 2 years later to rid myself of unwanted hair.
I wish you every success with yours but don't expect to see any results within the 14 day mbg. Sorry to be doom and gloom but let us know how you get on with it and if anyone else knows of any other product that works please let me know. xxx

No, Trish I appreciate your opinion. It was another typical late night maybe post sleeping tablet purchase and Im not even trying it, its going straight back. I mean it would have to be strong to work on a mans beard. I will stock up on the john barrowman shave cream and send the contraption back. Iv been reading a few reviews on amazon etc and they are nearly all negative.

Topaztrish, you have to use it once a month to catch the hair in the growing phase for 6 months. Using it every week still isn't going to catch the hair in the growing phase, it has to be every month so 3 weeks wouldn't have been enough time to see results

yeah Nikki, it says you have to use it every month on the area, so me like my chin, top lip and neck, so wont be too long to do. I think it would take ages to do a leg for a woman but Im hoping its gonna work and when I have completed it after the 6 month and hopefully I wont have to shave, I prob give it to my sister, as you can share lazer units apparently.

Im pretty sure Tristar its not meant to be used on a mans facial area ( beard and top lip) as men i meant to have hair there i mayb wrong but ive heard it said b4 on the shows .

Someone emailed in asking if they could use it on the beard area as they get bad shaving rash and she said it's fine to use it anywhere, even on your head just "not up or in" :angel:

I've been tempted by this so many times but I'm put off by two things. Firstly there is no way I would dream of shaving my face once a month to get the hair short enough to target. What a nightmare. Wouldn't that just make things 100 times worse? Also the hand unit looks so clumpy that I just don't see how you can target a single hair. I'm waiting for the next miracle device to come along.

I agree with Jippyroo, you have to use it every month for AT LEAST 6 months. I however, have great news, Veet hair minimising moisturiser actually works like a dream!!! I am so thrilled with it I wrote a review for their website. The ONLY moisturiser Ive used in 3 years that doesnt feel greasy (even though they all claim that). Honestly, try it, they do a sensitive one too which I use, amazing stufs, I have a drawer full :p

Arrived today. Iv had a go, on face its hard because the two points have to touch skin, so doing my tache area would be impossible. Also I did my neck and I felt a real stinging pain, and its all red. I think its going back, unless my sister wants it.

Latest posts

Back