What's next for your collection?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tinkerbelle

Registered Shopper
I'm loving the other thread but would love to know what's next on your list to buy? Or is there one piece you really want but can't quite justify buying it right now.

Mine is a square cushion cut smokey quartz. Preferably in rose gold. Claw set surrounded with diamonds but I would like the smokey quartz to stand proud of the diamonds.

I've seen and tried on one or two but haven't found the one yet. Even tried on one with a £5k price tag! Thankfully that wasn't the one.

It's unlikely to be the next piece of jewellery I buy but I am keeping my eyes peeled. I want the right colour of smokey quartz too. It has to have that shot of gold through it which will up the price.

Wish me luck!

Oh Tinks you must have read my mind! Sat here with baby asleep on me (running theme! She's been poorly so needs her rest) plotting how I can get the wonger together for a diamond ring I've seen and fallen in love with. It's on Ebay, thankfully the listing has ended and I've been in contact with the seller and it's still available so it feels like I have it reserved if it's not available to the world! But he won't budge much on the price, even off Ebay. Keep trying to convince myself it's not for me as it's white gold and I far prefer platinum, which is frankly ridiculous as an argument but I'm trying to stave off dangerous thoughts of saying "to hell with it" and emailing him to request a PayPal invoice :rock:. We could afford it (just) if I get nothing for birthday and Xmas...until about 2019...

One thing I worked out last night whilst talking to OH though is that I buy jewellery in waves, then nothing for ages. Bought two diamond rings in 6 months in 2005, then nothing till 2009 when I bought diamond studs, brooch, and another ring within a few months of each other. Then again nothing major till last year when I bought a sapphire ring and brooch (first ever sapphires) within 10 days! Seems I manage to control myself then lose it temporarily. Keep telling OH it's like murder, gets easier each time ha ha :angel:

Good luck with your smoky quartz Tinks, sounds lovely :hi:

I am waiting for an auction that I have seen a tiffany platinum necklace I want, which will be the last purchase for a long time as its my birthday and Christmas money and thats it. I'm now redundant and spend all my pennies on Morgan lol
Also I bought a 2.5ct natural Purple sapphie in June 2010 and STILL haven't had it set lol

My buying habits are fairly steady but have tailed off in the last few months. I am a big fan of semi precious stones as well so a lot of my purchases have been more affordable because of the style/stones.

I haven't bought myself a diamond ring for a long time. The last was a 2.5ct (total) trilogy. And before that it was five stone eternity ring, bezel set.

But as I've said on the other thread I inherited a lot of jewellery a couple of years ago and there were five diamond rings in that. I like them all so that's helped keep my purchasing under control a bit.

I will get a piece in my head though and look for it for months or even years.

It's lovely to be able to treat yourself isn't it? Money has been tighter for me for the past 9 months than it has been but it will improve again in June if not before. So I might treat myself to something then.

I know QVC bang on about easy pay but my local jeweller will let me put down a part payment and pay off in interest free instalments. I just don't get the piece til I've paid in full. But he will also let me reserve things for a week or two whilst I think about it. He knows he will get my money at some point lol.

I am waiting for an auction that I have seen a tiffany platinum necklace I want, which will be the last purchase for a long time as its my birthday and Christmas money and thats it. I'm now redundant and spend all my pennies on Morgan lol
Also I bought a 2.5ct natural Purple sapphie in June 2010 and STILL haven't had it set lol

What a coincidence you mention purple Sapphire, just been finishing a very late lunch and watching Don Kogan on R&Co flogging his stash of this stone, mostly of weights between 0.5 and 1 ct. "All rare rare rare and very hard to find" and there you are.....sitting on a 2.5 carater! Wow!

I've also been checking out your pics on the other thread and Wow! again. The purple trilliant looks like a GemsTV purchase.....going by the box and tag, the stone has a wonderful depth of hue, but what exactly is it...if I may ask?

I've had my hands on a couple but have returned them as I wasn't happy with the colour / cut, but I would love to have an octagon / emerald cut AAA tanzanite set in yellow gold. Or if I ever win the euro lottery.....a pear shaped one carat diamond.....in pink??? :tongue:

*looks for a smilie resembling flying pigs*

I notice an increasing number of online and store-based jewellers are making a feature of 'lay-away' ie. their own version of Easy Pay. Even the local high end jeweller near to me has started advertising this and he's always resisted this kind of thing.

I love Lola Rose but other than that am not a massive fan of semi-precious stones. Selling some of my Lola Rose atm on Fleabay, must get on with listing it in Buy Sell or Swap too. I've had some nice other bits from QVC too, Honora coin pearl ring, long strand of Honora ring pearls, Epiphany Clad fixed collar, and few bits of Tova Eek.

Good luck with your treat come June Tinks, and your auction gemcherub!

What a coincidence you mention purple Sapphire, just been finishing a very late lunch and watching Don Kogan on R&Co flogging his stash of this stone, mostly of weights between 0.5 and 1 ct. "All rare rare rare and very hard to find" and there you are.....sitting on a 2.5 carater! Wow!

I've also been checking out your pics on the other thread and Wow! again. The purple trilliant looks like a GemsTV purchase.....going by the box and tag, the stone has a wonderful depth of hue, but what exactly is it...if I may ask?

I've had my hands on a couple but have returned them as I wasn't happy with the colour / cut, but I would love to have an octagon / emerald cut AAA tanzanite set in yellow gold. Or if I ever win the euro lottery.....a pear shaped one carat diamond.....in pink??? :tongue:

*looks for a smilie resembling flying pigs*

Its a 5ct Rubellite. Purple? what colour settings are on your computer? lol just kidding its probably my camera and photography lol
Its the most amazing vibrant red/ pink bad photo. Yes it a gems ring from January 2012. he he well spotted.
I'm with you on the pink diamond. Think if i win the millions I will have a 3ct asscher cut vivid pink :)

I certainly won`t be buying anymore rings in the near future because I already have more rings than fingers and tend not to wear the expensive stuff unless going somewhere special. Last year I began collecting pearl jewellery so I may add a few more pieces to that. On the whole I spend very little on bling these days, when I lived alone after my first hubby died I bought lots of nice stuff but since then I`ve remarried and also been made redundant. I don`t know if any of you have ever looked at a site called Diamonds By Lauren but I was lucky enough to have several rings made by them plus a diamonds by the yard necklace and earrings. Nowadays I love looking at all the nice stuff but don`t hanker to buy it anymore. I always feel guilty for not wearing what I already have.

Its a 5ct Rubellite. Purple? what colour settings are on your computer? lol just kidding its probably my camera and photography lol
Its the most amazing vibrant red/ pink bad photo. Yes it a gems ring from January 2012. he he well spotted.
I'm with you on the pink diamond. Think if i win the millions I will have a 3ct asscher cut vivid pink :)

I certainly won`t be buying anymore rings in the near future because I already have more rings than fingers and tend not to wear the expensive stuff unless going somewhere special. Last year I began collecting pearl jewellery so I may add a few more pieces to that. On the whole I spend very little on bling these days, when I lived alone after my first hubby died I bought lots of nice stuff but since then I`ve remarried and also been made redundant. I don`t know if any of you have ever looked at a site called Diamonds By Lauren but I was lucky enough to have several rings made by them plus a diamonds by the yard necklace and earrings. Nowadays I love looking at all the nice stuff but don`t hanker to buy it anymore. I always feel guilty for not wearing what I already have.

Lol Cherub, I'm viewing on an IPad mini thingy, which may have got the shade of colour a bit bluer, but it hasn't disguised the quality of your Rubelite, from that Cruzeiro mine was it? And what's with the tag still on it, haven't you worn it yet? It's gorjuss, I love the design,

Hi Vienna, yes I have as it was mentioned quite some time ago by Meeshoo I think. It is a site to drool over, the photography of the coloured gemstones is wonderful. Btw...where is the lovely Meeshoo, haven't seen her posting in ages?

David used to have a gallery on his old site and a couple of my rings were in the gallery but the site has been revamped a few months ago. I`ll have to make a point of photographing some of my stuff sometime and posting. I also bought a sapphire and diamond ring from Colorsymphony and a spessatite garnet too. Jill`s site Colorsymphony is lovely for gemstone stuff and she makes everything herself. I had a paraiba tourmeline and topaz necklace made by her too. Have a browse, just for a drool !

Lol Cherub, I'm viewing on an IPad mini thingy, which may have got the shade of colour a bit bluer, but it hasn't disguised the quality of your Rubelite, from that Cruzeiro mine was it? And what's with the tag still on it, haven't you worn it yet? It's gorjuss, I love the design,

Hi Vienna, yes I have as it was mentioned quite some time ago by Meeshoo I think. It is a site to drool over, the photography of the coloured gemstones is wonderful. Btw...where is the lovely Meeshoo, haven't seen her posting in ages?

I was thinking about Meeshoo as well. Miss her posts amongst the bling sections.

I took the photo when I bought the ring last January but the tag is still on it now, along with many many more rings lol
The COA says.... blast my pooter won't load it. It wasn't Cruzerio though. I'll get back to you x

My next purchase has to be a tanzanite pendant I have two really nice rings and I need a good quality tansy to wear with them,problem is I cant find one at the moment that I love and as I dont buy much these days I want it to be special.most of the ones I've seen lately are small stones in clusters and a bit wishy washy and I need yes thats right I NEED a good solitair in yellow gold.

I was only thinking the otherday about the jewellry i have or might get ,but to be honest my need to buy bling hasnt been so great of late ,i have worn the same collection of my diamond for so ong now i dont wear the others much , was looking through my jewellry boxes all three of them ,thinking i might have to sell them as its ashame they are not being worn ,just looking for the best way to do it,have offered them to daughter but she only likes white god and mine are yellow gold..... i think one thing though would be a coloured diamond choker style necklace .... though dont know where i would wear it as i work from home ..lol

Latest posts

Back