Gamin SatNav

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tony73

Registered Shopper
Hi, guys!

New to posting here but have been reading the forum for a few months now and absolutely love it. Often very funny! Anyway, something came up today that l thought you'd all be interested in.

I haven't bought anything from Bid for ages since most of their stuff now isn't fit to be sold in the PoundShop! They used to have some good quality bargains but they seemed to have dropped off badly. Anyway, about a week ago l made my first purchase in ages when l bought the Garmin Nuvi2545 SatNav. It killed me to buy it from Mike 'Wideboy' Mason, but a recent change of job position made a SatNav an essential purchase, and as Bid had it on easypay l thought why not. Well it came today and as Mikey would say..."it's a lovely bit of kit" :wink: and l really am very pleased with it! At last l thought, Bid have got something right! Alas, my enjoyment was short-lived. With the SatNav came a 'Free' travel kit and case. However on further inspection l found the case is not the correct one for this size of device :angry: It is about half the size and of no use to anyone! Well l phoned the customer service line to inform them of this and was informed it was the right one, l just had to "pull the lid over harder" When l pointed out l could pull till the cows come home and it wouldn't make abit of difference, the lady on the other end relented and offered me a £12 off voucher for my next purchase. I pointed out to her that this, although kind, was no help as l still would have to buy another case, and £12 off only really gave me a fiver as my next purchase would involve £7.99 worth of delivery anyway. I asked why it would not be simpler to take 12 quid off the cost price but she said that was not possible and if l wasn't happy l could return the item for a FULL refund including another £7.54 that it would cost me to return it via Royal Mail Special Delivery.

Well guys l tried in vain to point out to her that this was madness as the company was not only losing a sale but the £7.99 l had originally paid for the delivery and the additional £7.54 top return it. This though was over the poor lady's head. I truly could not believe they were prepared to lose everything for the sake of basically a fiver! :taphead:

Sorry if this is long winded but l am so stunned l had to get it off my chest!

That's a shame as the Garmin packs normally seem to be genuinely good offers, perhaps they cannot discount a purchase that an Easypay has been set up on?

Maybe Wirral. To add to the madness though, it sold for £109.99 yesterday and l paid £119.00 for it, so if they'd given me the 12 quid off they really wouldn't have been that badly off. Oh well!

Maybe Wirral. They had it on again yesterday and it sold for £109.99. I paid £119.00 for it so the madness is that's nearly 12 quid difference so if they'd refunded me that they really wouldn't have been that badly off!

Welcome to the scam company known as Bid TV, Tony. :tongue:

Beware of customer services at Bid. Beware of buying anything at Bid as the chances of a product being faulty, not what you expect or just plain poor quality is quite high.

Bid purposely have the call costs and postage SO high to deter people from returning their purchases- if you've bought a product from them you're going to lose out on £8.50 + your return postage cost in order to get a refund.

Sorry you're not entirely satisfied Tony, but at least it sounds like the SatNav itself is decent!

Yeah l have to say the SatNav itself is really good. As much as l probably should send it back, a quick check of prices on the net reveals l actually got it for a very good price. Bid in fairness did say they would refund both delivery and return costs as the error was on their part. So l have decided to keep it and bought myself a case on ebay for only £3.99. It is the same size as an external harddrive l have and the case for it fits the SatNav so l just bought another one of those. Can easily sell the case Bid sent on ebay and get my money back so all-in-all l've not lost out. It will beinteresting though to see if Bid continue to sell the Garmin with the case knowing it doesn't fit :wonder:

Well l attempted to use my £12 credit that l had been 'supposedly' given due to the error with the case for my SatNav today. There was a rather nice Slazenger shirt for sale, and even including the p&p, l would have to pay virtually nothing if l used my credit. Well surprise, surprise, when they called me back to take my details, l was informed no credit had been put on my account :mysmilie_455: The rather unhelpful lady on the other end told me all l could do was ring customer services and ask them where it was. She was even amazed when l told her where she could now stuff the shirt when she attempted to take payment.

So not only did l not get my credit, but l'm also down another £1.53 :wonder:

I hereby swear that l will never buy another item from BidTv or any of its ******* offspring!

Bid purposely have the call costs and postage SO high to deter people from returning their purchases- if you've bought a product from them you're going to lose out on £8.50 + your return postage cost in order to get a refund.

When I returned something to Bid (although I rarely order anything now) they reimbursed the P&P too. I'm presuming that was an error and naturally I wasn't going to phone their premium rate number to query their mistake. :wink:

They are a crazy lot at Bid! Talk about going round the houses Tony! Blimey, they already deal with the company, they could have arranged for a new correctly fitting case to be sent out & that would have been the end of it.
Incidentally before you make a big purchase from them always look on "Ocean Tree Trading" on Ebay. It's where they sell their excess stock & unused returns. The also do FREE p&p on there! I've bought some real bargains, including a garvin satnav from their store on Ebay. Looked recently & their prices on Ebay have shot up a bit but they may come down again.

Thanks Nikki!

I am really pleased with the satnav. It does everything you would want it to. Also the easy-pay option was a big reason. I can easily afford it in one go but as it's interest free it makes more sense to have the money in my account than Bid's

Latest posts

Back