Guy

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hillary

Registered Shopper
Now I know I don't watch the channel as much as some of you, so I may be wrong. But Guy (can't remember his surname) is very unsettling to watch. He kind of plays on people's fear and superstitions.... 'The bad weather is just around the corner, buy these for your shoes and you won't fracture your femur' sort of spiel. Maybe I have him wrong, but in my opinion there is something of the night about him

I really like watching Guy's shows, I find him down to earth and like his humour. He is much more watchable than many presenters on there.

Now I know I don't watch the channel as much as some of you, so I may be wrong. But Guy (can't remember his surname) is very unsettling to watch. He kind of plays on people's fear and superstitions.... 'The bad weather is just around the corner, buy these for your shoes and you won't fracture your femur' sort of spiel. Maybe I have him wrong, but in my opinion there is something of the night about him

Guy Kean. I totally agree with you Hillary, I think he is a very dislikeable character. It would be easy to consider him the type to engage in scaremongering and misleading punters, and never have I heard anyone say the phone number so frequently. 0904, 0904, 0904, so original.

He puts me in mind of a very effeminate Del Trotter but with a very bad blonde syrup on, he really looks like him to my eye.

I cannot stand him, his presentations are verging on demonic, the facial expressions are quite bizarre. Much like Peter Simon you can almost see the sheer desperation in his eyes.

0904............ More like 999 to cart him off!

Last edited:
Guy Kean. I totally agree with you Hillary, I think he is a very dislikeable character. It would be easy to consider him the type to engage in scaremongering and misleading punters, and never have I heard anyone say the phone number so frequently. 0904, 0904, 0904, so original.

He puts me in mind of a very effeminate Del Trotter but with a very bad blonde syrup on, he really looks like him to my eye.

I cannot stand him, his presentations are verging on demonic, the facial expressions are quite bizarre. Much like Peter Simon you can almost see the sheer desperation in his eyes.

0904............ More like 999 to cart him off!

I'm glad its not just me then Wirral (Do you live on the Wirral? beautiful place) I have to switch to the radio if he's on, he makes such uncomfortable watching. I imagine the elderly and the impressionable buying these things just because he has frightened them into it. I know he's not the only one, but he's certainly one of the worst

I'm glad its not just me then Wirral (Do you live on the Wirral? beautiful place) I have to switch to the radio if he's on, he makes such uncomfortable watching. I imagine the elderly and the impressionable buying these things just because he has frightened them into it. I know he's not the only one, but he's certainly one of the worst

I do live in Wirral!

Guy has said some things that, to be frank, beggar belief... literally.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he has come to the attention of the ASA :wink:

one of the worst in my opinion

tries to get away with it by playing a grumpy old man but plays the scare tactics better than anybody

his customers names are often the same names repeated over and over and tend to be older sounding names

Agree - not a fan either.

I haven't seen much of him, but he comes across as grumpy, plays on fears and has the worse phone number tourettes I've ever seen. I'm not sure how people watch him for more than about 5 minutes as it's literally "0904...0904...great product 0904 251 2000, in the kitchen 0904 215 2000, 0904, 0904, buyers in, 0904 251 2000, great 0904 251 2000" - How did he pass the audition!?

I dont know him, when can I catch him? on the box I mean, not in person.

Agree - not a fan either.

I haven't seen much of him, but he comes across as grumpy, plays on fears and has the worse phone number tourettes I've ever seen. I'm not sure how people watch him for more than about 5 minutes as it's literally "0904...0904...great product 0904 251 2000, in the kitchen 0904 215 2000, 0904, 0904, buyers in, 0904 251 2000, great 0904 251 2000" - How did he pass the audition!?

The phone number, again and again and AGAIN.

We can say what we like about Russell and Mason but they are good at the spiel. Guy Kean is dire, he just comes across as an utterly desperate, talentless filler until the next presenter arrives.

And lord knows who does his hair, Fanny Cradock would be proud of his Bouff!

It's good to know you have your standards tristar, but I hope your mum will enjoy his shifts!! hehe!!

Imagine if he fancied you? Jeez, he would make sure you knew his phone number that's for sure!

070....... :happy:

The phone number, again and again and AGAIN.

We can say what we like about Russell and Mason but they are good at the spiel. Guy Kean is dire, he just comes across as an utterly desperate, talentless filler until the next presenter arrives.

Absolutely - there's no denying that Mason and Russell can present and carry a 3 hour show (even if I'm not keen on their presenting styles), but Guy just sort of seems lost and bored - counting down until the next presenter can come along and take over.

Guy is on now, ****** hell he is in 0904 overload.

Get rid of him, he's ****** useless!

He just said 'you think i'm rubbish, wait until Simon Davies turns up'. I wonder who that was directed at?

Save a few errors actually Simon is very good, far better than you Guy. He dosen't just say 0904 0904 0904.

Get rid!!!!

Last edited:
I watched him this morning, I always have the lads on a Saturday morning, and they were laughing their heads off at him. He seems utterly incapable.

Get this everyone. Guy is selling fruit plants with yet another 'clock' and said 'the price wont change later, you won't be, you know, tricked tricked by anyone'.

Ha Ha, feeling guilty Guy? Or should I say, know you're being watched?

You better believe you're being watched Guy. Make no mistake.

Looks like I'm in a minority , I don't mind Guy . The amateurish feel of it all it's part of it's charm , makes a pleasant change from "Not Only" being repeated ad nauseam the night before , then there is no mention of spending time alone contemplating life with worry angels or garden ornaments or whatever else lying around in the warehouse .

Looks like I'm in a minority , I don't mind Guy . The amateurish feel of it all it's part of it's charm , makes a pleasant change from "Not Only" being repeated ad nauseam the night before , then there is no mention of spending time alone contemplating life with worry angels or garden ornaments or whatever else lying around in the warehouse .

I don't mind him, I think I just feel a bit sorry for him :wonder:

Latest posts

Back