Lord Drifter of Smellybutt, and Baron Wafflebottom say hello!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Drifter McFluff

Registered Shopper
My two boys would like to say hello to you.

This is Drifter, he's a 4 year old Maine Coon. He's a beautiful cat, and I love him lots, despite the fact he's the thickest cat I've ever known - I guess not everyone can be stunning AND clever! :tongue: He forgets he's eating while there's food in his mouth, and I spent 6 months trying to treat his runny butt, before finding out that the prat was eating the razor sharp pampas grass in the garden. Bless his white socks, he's very special. And huge, he's weighing in at 19lb at the moment.

img2615uw.jpg

img2936ff.jpg

And this is Waffle, a year old Siamese. Another beautiful boy, but this one is also clever. He plays fetch like a dog and insists on giving you his opinion on absolutely everything. He's very shy around other people, which is a shame because he's such a lovely boy when he trusts you. He hates the cold, but says that big boys are allowed blankets too!

img2504cy.jpg

img2899sq.jpg

The two boys are great friends, Drifter is a tad grumpy and Waffle delights in antagonising him, but they snuggle up together and Drifter insists on giving Waffle a motherly wash every day. It's very sweet to watch!:heart:

img1428lm.jpg

I love this photo, Drifter fell asleep while sneakily stealing some cereal milk!

img0301u.jpg

Beautiful pics DMcF, you should look out for Tinks, she has Alf and Harvey, also Maine Coons - great pics too.

There's minim with Meg and her entourage; janie with Louis who is poorly; BM with Jess who is having computer lessons; barbs and Hopey the sausage roll; and lots more people I've unintentionally missed out - but my mind's confused by this evening's hypocrisy.

Oh I love Drifter!! I can't help myself. I just love tabbies to bits. So funny in that pic with the cereal bowl.

My two are Norwegian Forest cats so very similar. Big scruffy boys and true gentle giants.

Drifter beats Alf on the weight stakes though. He's always being told off for being chubby at the vets but I don't think she understands the breed. Last time he went he saw a new vet who'd worked with Maine Coons. She thought his weight was fine. I asked her to write that on his notes and got him out quick!

And treating a runny butt on a Maine Coon must have been interesting.

Beautiful puds. I just adore the cuddling photo and the last photo is hilarious, I know you said he forgets hes eating when there's food in his mouth but that's just taking a bit far lol

I'm loving Drifter's tufts on the tips of his ears!! I had a cat once that was thick as a brick. He didn't know it though and he just came across as being very happy.

Beautiful pics DMcF, you should look out for Tinks, she has Alf and Harvey, also Maine Coons - great pics too.

There's minim with Meg and her entourage; janie with Louis who is poorly; BM with Jess who is having computer lessons; barbs and Hopey the sausage roll; and lots more people I've unintentionally missed out - but my mind's confused by this evening's hypocrisy.

I think Lucy-loo's Bodie is a Main Coon too, talking of which Bodie has been quiet recently!!!

you sussed out how to put pics up very quick for a newb DM? i'm impressed. most of us are still trying to figure it out.

Ha ha we are indeed janie! I still grapple with Photobucket! Anyway thanks for the beautiful pics DM, and welcome to the forum, hope you'll have many happy hours with all us cat lovers!

Hi Drifter a big welcome to you and your beautiful boys. Lots of cat lovers on here, I am owned by the two Bengal Beasties in my avatar, Lily my dainty silver girl and Harvey my huge brown glittered boy who keep me in my place. Fab pics, thanks for sharing and have a good time on this great site.

Fab pics Drifter! I have two Persians and a very beautiful grey and white moggie Minty, who gets terribly bullied by Persians Indie and Inca who believe they reign over the household (to be fair, they do!). Welcome to the forum ~ I'm sure you'll have lots of fun here!

Hello Drifter - welcome to the forum, see you've come to the right place first :rock:

Your cats are simply beautiful, lovely pictures, look forward to seeing more.

Sorry Tinks, my mistake!

No apology needed :eek:) the two breeds are very similar. I'm not 100% sure of the differences myself. I think Maine Coons are usually bigger and I think that NF cats have the distinctly different summer and winter coat.

all i know about maine coons is a friend of mine has recently aquired two kittens. when i asked if he was going for the kingsize catflap he said he thought he'd just take the back wall off the house instead ;)

I've had to buy a bigger cat flap cos Alf could barely squeeze himself through the first one when he got to about 18 months old. I bought the biggest one on the market but Alf still has to wriggle himself through.

I frightened him once and he tried to reverse. Well what with all that fur going the wrong way, I thought he was going to get stuck but he did reverse his way out ... lol.

PPC I love Bengals too. The cat in my avatar at the moment is my friend's Bengal. Such a beautiful serene creature.

tink - how about a dog flap? lol i half expect louis to come in wearing the cat flap one day but so far he's squeezed through ok ;)

Latest posts

Back