What did you have for breakfast

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Marmalade on chunky granary toast. Yummy! I don't usually do breakfast but it was calling me! Saying that my alarm (Morgan) went off at 6am this morning and I had it at 9.30am.

Nothing yet, (well just tea) ... I'm starving and really fancying those crumpets now. There's something very right somehow about buttered crumpets and a mug of tea! Lovely!

I don't do breakfast ~ I'll have two pieces of wholemeal toast one with marmite and one with ham salad after I've been on the treadmill.

Marmalade on chunky granary toast. Yummy! I don't usually do breakfast but it was calling me! Saying that my alarm (Morgan) went off at 6am this morning and I had it at 9.30am.

Snap me too, granary toast and marmalade that is lol, no Morgan in my boudoir...

Not had anything yet as been to the hairdressers first thing then been busy since. Going to have some weetabix and chopped banana soon, my usual brekkie.

Its lovely with chopped apple in too Dolly!

Poached egg on toast for me, my usual weekend breakfast, unless OH and DD request a "fry-up" - all week it's porridge and I get sick of that, nice to have a change!

Its lovely with chopped apple in too Dolly!

I love my weetabix with any chopped fruit. I sometimes add the Aldi frozen summer fruits - with my banana too, of course - and sometimes have it with fatfree yogurt, instead of milk. It's helping me on my weightloss journey - managed to loose nearly 2 stone since last September with the help of Slimming World 'green' diet.

I like my fry ups the weekend, it's the only chance I get lol!

I do like poached eggs but it is always hit and miss when I make them. I've tried poach pods, the poaching pockets, boiling water method, cling film - always an adventure how the eggs are going to turn out.

I don't mind runny fried egg, but runny boiled ones yuk, you can bounce my ones off the wall when I boil them lol!

1 golden syrup wheatabix and an apple, celery and carrot juice from juicer. On sick leave at the moment so been ressurecting my kitchen toys. New Resolution is to use juicer once every weekend. At least it was a cheap one from Argos - cost £11 about a year ago. Going to make banana bread now in friend's castoff breadmaker

I do like poached eggs but it is always hit and miss when I make them. I've tried poach pods, the poaching pockets, boiling water method, cling film - always an adventure how the eggs are going to turn out.

hit & miss for me too Dimple! I use a poaching pod, flat bottomed ones I got from Asda, but it's so easy to under or over-do them and unfortunately I am like Goldilocks and like mine "just right"!

1 golden syrup wheatabix and an apple, celery and carrot juice from juicer. On sick leave at the moment so been ressurecting my kitchen toys. New Resolution is to use juicer once every weekend. At least it was a cheap one from Argos - cost £11 about a year ago. Going to make banana bread now in friend's castoff breadmaker

I have always liked the concept of a juicer - using up all the spare fruit / veg etc but am not enthralled at the thought of cleaning it out after the juicing episode. I have resisted buying one to date as I have so many gadgets that I don't use and am busy sorting out my stash. Well done you on following through with your resolution to use it.

Ooooh, do love a nice poached egg ... its our most popular egg here on a Full English. A good fresh egg is the secret. Water boiling really fast with a dash of vinegar and some salt added. Break the eggs into a cup and then (be really brave) and tip them quickly into the water. We do ours here for 3 or 4 minutes depending on size.

Most supermarket eggs are too old to poach really well this way and they do spread a bit. I'm not always great with them TBH but Mr Trolley has won awards for his! :star:

Oooooooh banana bread. In one of my Nigella moments ( in between tossing my hair and pouting in front of a pretend camera when the kitchen was tidy) I put some overripe bananas in the freezer for just that purpose. Off to find them.
And I am rubbish at poached eggs -I think mrTrolley should do us a Master class!

Latest posts

Back