Ideal World Laptops

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oliver

Registered Shopper
So i tune in to the 9am show, they have a HP laptop. Any novice tuning in would think great deal on a laptop however what they fail to put on screen is its only windows 7, why would anyone buy a brand new laptop without the latest operating system on it (windows 8), i find it so misleading that it doesn't say on the side graphics which operating system is. Dave brandford s banging on about people worrying about buying technology as it becomes out of date a few mnths later and how this is bang up to date , well no this laptop is already out of date as its not running the latest operating system . Of course the one time they did briefly mention it was only windows 7 they played down the fact that it wasn the latest and saying how much better it was that Vista. Im sure in a few mnths time when IW eventually do start selling windows 8 laptops they will be banging on about how great windows 8 is and how much better it is that windows 7 , no thought to the poor people that had not long ago bought a windows 7 laptop off them. It would be so bad if thus laptop was a really great price however £329.99 isnt exactly a bargain. Sadly its Limited stock now so theres gonna be some very unhappy people when they realise in a few mnths that they should have waited.

Rant over :mysmilie_365:

I totally agree they should tell you what operating system it is but having said that Windows 7 isn't all that bad [it's pretty good]. I have it on my computer and don't feel inferior for having it. Windows 8 and it's tiles looks too gimmicky for me.

Anyway you have your 14 minute money back guarantee....[sic]

They should have like a scrolling bar at the bottom with the operating system and specs etc

having windows 7 is a good selling point as quite a few people don't get on with windows 8, i have tried it on a laptop and couldn't use it, but use it fine on my desktop

Wait till they start actually selling windows 8 laptops they will rave about how better it is compared to windows 7

Wait till they start actually selling windows 8 laptops they will rave about how better it is compared to windows 7

Of course they will, they are there to sell products at the end of the day, they aint there to tell the truth and make friends :)

In my opinion, if the computer is not touchscreen, then it is better to have Windows 7 than Windows 8, since the new operating system is optimised for touch screens. There are lots of people who have posted videos on the internet who can't figure out Windows 8, it's because they are trying to do it with a mouse and follow old-style menus!!

I bought an HP laptop from Ideal World just before Christmas. I am very happy with it. I upgraded my old laptop to Windows 8 and absolutely hated it. The new laptop coming with Windows 7 is perfect for me.

I bought an HP laptop from Ideal World just before Christmas. I am very happy with it. I upgraded my old laptop to Windows 8 and absolutely hated it. The new laptop coming with Windows 7 is perfect for me.

Windows seven is a very good OS , Windows 8 as far as i am concerned is not a OS for business or desktop computers, and why in the hell would you want a new OS every two years Microsoft don't seem to realize
the cost involved in business to change your system.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back