waxed, tinted and preened

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

dollydimple

Registered Shopper
I tried something new this morning - I had my eyebrows waxed and then tinted. I hardly slept last night in case i ended up like Coco the clown but I was pleasantly surprised how simple and painless it was. I had my lashes tinted as well - wow, what a difference it has made.

Can't believe I have lived to my great age lol without trying this before. Had my hair high / low lights done as well and hey, I feel quite good today.

For the price - £16.50 - to have my 'eyes done' I will certainly book in on a regular basis in future. Anyone else had it done?

As often as I can be organised to do it. Saks at West Bridgeford are brilliant.

I also had my brows threaded recently -Never again. It was excruciating and interminable and eventually I had to tell her to stop and I have had brow waxes for years.

So glad you are pleased with yours DD

I keep thinking about it, my mum has hers done every now and then but doesn't keep it up. I would be nervous too! I might have go when I get back from holiday, or I might chicken out!

I tried something new this morning - I had my eyebrows waxed and then tinted. I hardly slept last night in case i ended up like Coco the clown but I was pleasantly surprised how simple and painless it was. I had my lashes tinted as well - wow, what a difference it has made.

Can't believe I have lived to my great age lol without trying this before. Had my hair high / low lights done as well and hey, I feel quite good today.

For the price - £16.50 - to have my 'eyes done' I will certainly book in on a regular basis in future. Anyone else had it done?

good for you Dimple and I'm glad you were pleased with the result!

I keep thinking about it, my mum has hers done every now and then but doesn't keep it up. I would be nervous too! I might have go when I get back from holiday, or I might chicken out!

I've never been near wax in me life! And I don't have enough eyebrows anyway, need some transplanting!

I have never had it done either , sometimes all it takes is doing something a little bit different to make you feel good about yourself

As often as I can be organised to do it. Saks at West Bridgeford are brilliant.

I also had my brows threaded recently -Never again. It was excruciating and interminable and eventually I had to tell her to stop and I have had brow waxes for years.

So glad you are pleased with yours DD

I looked at the threading on the internet and saw lots of reports that it was very uncomfortable / painful. I've never had anything waxed before but was pleasantly surprised that it is not painful ( not on my eyebrows, anyhow) - just a bit of tingling - and I wouldn't be afraid of having it done again.

My friend has her eyelashes done when there's a special 'do' coming up, you can see the difference as she is very fair normally.

It was no near as bad as I imagined. I get up early every morning but this morning, after a restless night, overslept - had 20 minutes to shower, get ready and get there and I'm sure it was my subconscious kicking in, trying to prevent me from going. I showed it who was boss, though.

my brows are black anyway and I have to be very careful about drawing them in, be quite easy to look scary like Joan Crawford (yes am going back a bit here!), because I HAVE to have a black pencil, taupes, browns, whatever, just doesn't cut it.

I'm the same Carol. My eyebrows are as black as night. They're getting more sparse as I get older but they're still black. It's the tails I'm losing if you know what I mean.

Threading done properly shouldn't hurt. A bit uncomfortable maybe. I don't have threading regularly but the lovely Egyptian girlie who does mine threads toes too! Of course my toes are perfect.

I used to shave mine in high school, my right one is ok but the beginning of the left one never grew back properly. It's a miracle they grew back as well as they did I suppose! Lol

I'm the same Carol. My eyebrows are as black as night. They're getting more sparse as I get older but they're still black. It's the tails I'm losing if you know what I mean.

Threading done properly shouldn't hurt. A bit uncomfortable maybe. I don't have threading regularly but the lovely Egyptian girlie who does mine threads toes too! Of course my toes are perfect.

did you ever get sorted with a decent eyebrow pencil Tinks? I have to draw a little tail in too, but also the inner half inch each side...I didn't used to bother overmuch till I started listening to AY and Shavata..!

my brows are black anyway and I have to be very careful about drawing them in, be quite easy to look scary like Joan Crawford (yes am going back a bit here!), because I HAVE to have a black pencil, taupes, browns, whatever, just doesn't cut it.

I've only tried eye pencil once ( I've led a sheltered life) and it looked a mess, quite scary, so never bothered since.

I prefer a powder and brush, I could never make pencil look good. I'm using a Bobbi brown eye shadow at the moment, took me ages to find one with no warmth to it

if you're very fair I don't suppose it would show up as much as me being dark..well brows are black, hair's silver, but without my brows now I feel naked!

I don't need my brows done or tinted because I'm blonde and have a fringe anyway. I'd love to have my lashes tinted though. I've used Revitalash and have had great results with it but my lashes are still blonde (despite the fact that lashes sometimes get darker after using it) so I still have to use mascara. I'll have to look up places near me to see how much it would cost, but I doubt I'll find it as cheap as £16.50, dollydimple. That sounds like a real bargain!!

I prefer a powder and brush, I could never make pencil look good. I'm using a Bobbi brown eye shadow at the moment, took me ages to find one with no warmth to it

what colour do you use Charlie, I think we decided you're a Winter as well, so do you have black brows? I've tried dark grey eyeshadow but I can't do it very well.

Latest posts

Back