Kindle special offer, 4th Feb 2013, only

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

dollydimple

Registered Shopper
Just seen on the kindle page, Amazon, that there is a Kindle special offfer, one day only sale, on Monday 4th Feb. Clicking on the link goes to the base kindle - wonder if they are putting it on a special price tomorrow? Typical for me if they are, I've just bought that model ( last Friday) as a backup, as my kindle keyboard, well out of warranty, is starting to play up :thinking:

Might be worth checking tomorrow if anyone looking at buying a kindle ( I could be wrong, of course, it might be something else altogether)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=kinw_pur_pur_1?_encoding=UTF8&node=341689031

Thanks dd
I have a kindle app on my iPad which I use, but as ana amazon prime member I want the free downloads, plus I think the paper view on kindle is better. Will def take a look.
I have some topcashback vouchers to use too

I have that model and love it..I paid £69 for it, but it's been worth every penny. There are loads of free books, including a lot of classics, such as Hardy, Austen, Dickens and the Brontes. I am currently reading Les Miserables.

Last edited:
I love my kindle. I have the keyboard and I bought one for my daughter in Aug 2011. Unfortunately, hers developed the dreaded ' split screen' beginning of January this year. As it was out of warranty, Amazon did do me a good deal. They offered a variety of models, incl the touch and the paperwhite but I negotiated and settled on the base one as a replacement for her and she is happy with it. You can't fault it, really. As mine is getting a bit niggly at times and I don't want to go on hols and end up with nothing to read if it dies on me - shock / horror - I decided to buy the £69 one for me. I am charging it up at the moment, then have to download all the archived books ( or ones that I want anyway) already on my account.

The base model- kindle 5 - if you get the black version; kindle 4 if it's the grey colour, is a good all rounder and a nice size. It doesn't have the audio and read to me function ( which I never used) and doesn't have the 3g, which was handy if I was abroad, or just out and about, and wanted to download a new book. It does have wifi though, so you can access free wifi if it is available wherever you are. I will have to make sure that I download enough books before I go on hols just in case.

I have a Kindle Fire HD, bought from ebay, so lucky! Virtually brand new and barely been out of the box! I still would like a 9 or 10in tablet, the one I bought from Amazon around a year ago stopped charging just ouside the warranty, grr! My elderly laptop keeps telling me it is running out of discspace, so I am getting anxious that it is on its way out!

Latest posts

Back