Richard III

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh good Frazzled- I wanted to post something but wasn't sure whether anyone else would be interested. Despite being a Lancastrian by birth I have always supported Richard III's cause. I belonged to the Richard III society in the sixth form at school and loved the Josephine Tey book. I have the video set up to record Channel 4 tonight. I was getting really cross with the BBC and SKY when they kept cutting away to Chris Huhne but I think the press conference is on my sky app so I will go back and look later. Isn't it fantastic to be able to trace your family all the way back to Ann of York!

Oooh, I didn't know that was on. It doesn't clash with Lewis does it? An ex of mine was a member of the Richard III society. He got me into it, as before I was just into Henry VIII Queen Victoria.

Have you read the novel "The Daughter of Time" by Josephine Tey? It has a Richard III theme with a policeman trying to clear the name of Richard from his hospital bed. Crime/ mystery and history- bliss for me!

So exciting! I wasn't much into history at school but when we heard it on the local radio news at 12 we got quite carried away..OH had popped home for lunch and DD's off sick today so we were explaining to her what was what and who was who and OH got the little fact book out..oh God aren't we a set of anoraks! Fascinating stuff anyway..

Oooh, I didn't know that was on. It doesn't clash with Lewis does it? An ex of mine was a member of the Richard III society. He got me into it, as before I was just into Henry VIII Queen Victoria.

Have you read the novel "The Daughter of Time" by Josephine Tey? It has a Richard III theme with a policeman trying to clear the name of Richard from his hospital bed. Crime/ mystery and history- bliss for me!

Yes I've read it!! In fact I got a few Josephine Tey books at Xmas - nice to see them back in print!

At the very least he did not have a withered arm. You can't blame Henry VII for trying to make sure Richard was seen in a bad light. I think it's a good lesson in how propaganda works.

Last edited:
Just to represent both sides lol!

RedRose.jpgwhite-rose.jpg

Just looked at the press conference on the SKY app - the programme will end with a facial reconstruction from his skull. Is it my eyes or was Philippa Langley (Richard III Society) wearing a Pompoos blazer? Look at the breast pocket.

The Daily Fail reported on this a few months ago.
They did DNA comparisons and ......
Shut up min!
You'll spoil it.

Yes. I will watch it lol

More 4 had a evening of Richard III on Saturday evening very interesting. I will have to record the documentary tonight.

I always thought he was framed as they say. But that is how it was done, you had to get rid of the last King's heir.

Even in the animal kingdom, a new leader of the pack with kill the cubs of the last leader.

Latest posts

Back