They're selling stuff without mentioning the Brand!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bidtvbs

Registered Shopper
I noticed they were selling some Dr Cringles Ice Gripper Boots without mentioning the Dr Cringles brand and just selling them as Ice Gripper boots.

Same thing earlier they were selling a weekend bag without once mentioning it was Tommy and Kate.

Maybe they've finally realised their brands" have zero credibility and they will get better results just selling products for what they are.

A step in the right direction!

I noticed they were selling some Dr Cringles Ice Gripper Boots without mentioning the Dr Cringles brand and just selling them as Ice Gripper boots.

Same thing earlier they were selling a weekend bag without once mentioning it was Tommy and Kate.

Maybe they've finally realised their brands" have zero credibility and they will get better results just selling products for what they are.

A step in the right direction!

Or maybe in their drive for greater honesty Bid are going to stop pretending Dr Cringle or Tommy & Kate are real.

One can hope.

If I spotted a bag I fancied in TK Maxx and saw the Tommy and Kate Logo, I'm afraid I wouldn't buy it. They would do better to sell their stuff unbranded imo.

They were selling a Tommy and Kate bag earlier this evening and yes they didn't mention the brand either on-screen or in the verbal product description, though the name was obviously displayed on the bag itself.

That's the trouble; a few years ago I did think of buying a cheap handbag from these channels as a present BUT I didn't want to give a relative something that had an obvious shopping channel-related brand name emblazoned on it, because even if she hadn't heard of Tommy and Kate, one of her friends might have heard of them (and could have told her). I'm above doing that sort of thing you know :wink:

I was speaking to the good Dr. Cringles the other day - what he doesn't know about feet is not worth knowing. Shame he has a wooden leg.:heartbroke:

Tommy & Kate popped over to my BBQ the other weekend too. Their T&K boutique coat line came in handy for the snow we had. It was quite a wet afternoon. :dull: They were saying that they are leaving Bid.tv soon for opening their new shop at Harrods. All the recent ASA reports have affected their business.

I bought some Dr Cringle shoes a hell of a long time ago and they are still going strong now. I use them, because they are flat, to walk the dogs. I don't much like the shoes they are knocking out these days, but have to say, the 2 pairs I have 1 pair in red, 1 in brown are excellent quality

Ditto T&K handbags. I have several, again bought ages ago, and they are good, sturdy everyday bags. Each has a purse and makeup bag and they were a good price. Again though, I don't think much of what they are turning out these days and I sometimes wonder where and how they are made. Hope its not a little kid working for a few pence a day

I bought some Dr Cringle shoes a hell of a long time ago and they are still going strong now. I use them, because they are flat, to walk the dogs. I don't much like the shoes they are knocking out these days, but have to say, the 2 pairs I have 1 pair in red, 1 in brown are excellent quality

Ditto T&K handbags. I have several, again bought ages ago, and they are good, sturdy everyday bags. Each has a purse and makeup bag and they were a good price. Again though, I don't think much of what they are turning out these days and I sometimes wonder where and how they are made. Hope its not a little kid working for a few pence a day

I have to agree about the bags, My mum had quite a few of the Tommy & Kate and they were good quality, even the cheaper brand name ones were good quality too but I can't comment on any since about 2008

Latest posts

Back