Let's meet the people behind the brands.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hillary

Registered Shopper
QVC and Ideal World regularly have shows where the dress/shoe/handbag/watch/jewellery designers come in and showcase their wares. Its nice to see the person who made it, or owns the firm, come in and talk about their stuff. Often a video of the factory/workroom etc is also shown. Why doesn't bid/pricedrop do this? Personally I'd love to see Tommy and Kate (Lulu Guinness always finds time for the other channels,) Dr Cringle (Pavers are regularly on I.W,) just to mention two. Who do we contact to ask for them to be featured? Personally, I'd settle for a photo of Tommy &Kate. Peter Simon 'knows' them so well, they must be on his speed dial

I think this is the difference between the "reputable" shopping channels and Bid TV. QVC & Ideal World have designers and experts who front and demonstrate their products. Bid, in the main, rely on the presenters to 'hype up' their tat. The problem is this tactic only works for a while for new viewers. When the audience realises the Bid presenters are doing this with every product presentation then their credibility is questioned and viewers become cynical of the selling tactics.

I think this is the difference between the "reputable" shopping channels and Bid TV. QVC & Ideal World have designers and experts who front and demonstrate their products. Bid, in the main, rely on the presenters to 'hype up' their tat. The problem is this tactic only works for a while for new viewers. When the audience realises the Bid presenters are doing this with every product presentation then their credibility is questioned and viewers become cynical of the selling tactics.

Exactly

Sally was showing what was upcoming yesterday, a black and white bag. 'No, it's not Chanel' she said.

Well I know that love, I've been watching a while, I know whose bag it is.

'It's Tommy & Kate'..........yes I know :dull:

Yes,let's meet Christin Lars who when he was a young boy (he was Christian then-did he undergo a sex change?) dreamed of being a horologist and eventually 'took the watch world by storm'.
I'm sure he (or she?) would have such an inspiring story to tell.
Perhaps we could meet those two icons of Italian style Gianni Ricci and Gianni Sabatini,or even if we were very lucky we might get a personal appearance from-quote-'master tailor' Thomas Brooks, of Savile Row apparently.
Hope he brings his tape measure!

I don't have a problem with in-house names and trademarks. I'm quite fond of good old St Michael not to mention Aunt Bessie, but I do object to people who aren't exactly the sharpest knives in the box assuming that we have the same IQ as them and can have the wool pulled over our eyes. James Russell and Peter Simon are the worst offenders with their 'Christie or Christian Laarrrrs (sic) If you are going to tell whoppers then get the story right for goodness sake.

Goodnight all, off to bed now

They could get around this by making each presenter change their name by deed poll to their favourite in-house brand.

They could get around this by making each presenter change their name by deed poll to their favourite in-house brand.

Wayne could change his to Yonanas Halogen-Oven.

St Peter Simon could become Thomas Kinkade Presley-Tribute.

Mikey Mason could become Little Boy Lady Goddess Bass Reflex Test.

Nicola George could become Kate Tanzanite Multi-Buy Postage (she needs a constant reminder).

Sally Jacks could become Christin Shouting London Treasures Lars.

James Russell would probably then be Christian Earnshaw Horology-Bull Liars :wink:

James Bull's-hit Russell (important things, the apostrophe and hyphen... it could have read something entirely different without them:blush:)

I don't object to the in-house brands (although I'm sure the quality is crap), but I do object to the constant bull and lies they tell about the inhouse brands. I'm sure I've heard the presenters claim to have 'met' Tommy & Kate and Christian Larrs...

Yes, I wonder who could play these parts!

Dr Cringle - Dr Crippen's slightly less evil brother

Rosa Benini - A shapeless bag made from offcuts

Laurelle - A lady of questionable morals who also happens to smell like a whore's handbag

Christin Lars - Work that wrist fella - You know who you are!

Tommy and Kate - A peculiar man and his inflatable girlfriend...Desert island disc - Solitaire - luxury item - puncture repair kit

Thomas Brooks - Savile Row....that's Jimmy Savile btw!

Fletcher and Lowe - The name of the libel solicitors they'll use when nasty mean people write howwid fings about them!

Latest posts

Back