Suggestions for my kitten's names !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Diamond Diva

Registered Shopper
I'm should be getting my two kittens in the next couple of weeks (I can't wait) but I haven't decided on what I'm going to call them yet, it's normal for me not to make the final choice until I get them. My friend says that they're one of each so I'm thinking of Lily and Archie but thought as we have lots of furry face owners on here that I'd ask if anyone has any brilliant suggestions?

The female is white and black and the male is black and white :mysmilie_515:

Thanks

Oh lovely DD! Hope you'll put pics up, I think it's easier to find names when you can see what they look like..you'll be inundated with suggestions from us lot no doubt!

Thanks BM, my friend's away at the moment so probably won't be able to take photos until I get them but I promise to master posting them on here when I do!

My friend has a gorgeous black and white collie called Archie and I love the name. I love him too.

My two are Harvey and Alfie. The other names I had for boy cats were Eddie, Harper and Riley. None of those are particularly inspired though.

it's funny how things come round again - when I was a girl - 60 years back this would be - my auntie's cat was called Alfie...takes me back! I used to go up to the butcher for her for "some lights for Alfie please"! Don't ask me, I don't know what "lights" are!

I've got Eddie on my consider list Tinks and although I like the name Ollie Weathergirl I've already used it on a previous cat, thanks for your input more suggestions are very welcome

I had a boy and a girl and they were Bertie and milly but I also have had willow and twinkle in the past

I'm not very good at thinking of original witty animal names DD, I always struggle. Archie and Lily are nice, I like names that end with Y so there's a recurring theme with my offerings

Daisy, Mitzy, Rosy

Danny, Monty, Kelly

Look forward to seeing the pictures.

I think you associate too..I know a little boy called Archie and DD's BF has a dog called Lily..so I wouldn't go for those if I was getting a kitten..that's ME of course, not DD! I'm with you Fraz..our last lady puss, all black, was called Daisy..I think you often add the suffix anyway..Jess soon became Jessie ..it's easier when you're calling them in somehow!

Everyone thought we were mad when we called our kittens Itchy and Scratchy. To be fair, it was nothing to do with me. Our two boys were younger then and they were mad about the Simpsons, so we gave in. Funnily enough, the names suited them. Good job we had no near neighbours to hear me calling them in at night!!

I'm sure I read somewhere that animals respond better to names ending in "ee". Alfie learnt his name really quickly but Harvey took ages.

Cats I've had previously are:

Mowgli
Oscar
Jo-jo
Jimmy
Tiger
Peanut
Captain
Jenny
Bagheera (Baggy)
Gizmo
Kahn (Shere Kahn)

And yes I love The Jungle Book.

Completely lacking originality, but as they're related......whatever relevance that has?......Jack and Jill?

Or my first thought...Tammy and Tommy.

Next door's dogs are Jack and Jill. Our first cat when married was Topcat ( lived to 19) and I let my class choose the next one's name - Buttons ( lived to 18).

Latest posts

Back