Oskar Emil watches and bogus price matching.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

aqua

Registered Shopper
Dame Peter was doing the graveyard shift this morning,flogging Oskar Emil watches;
Here are a couple of quotes from Dame Peter with corresponding quotes from internet watch forums;
Peter Simon;'A combination of Swiss and Austrian engineering.'
Watch Forum;' Chinese watches made for market traders'
Peter Simon;'Anybody that knows watches knows Oskar Emil'
Watch Forum;'The nastiest piece of c**p that you could put on your wrist'
This is another case of quoting inflated 'recommended retail prices' from colluding websites to make them appear good value.
Watchdog on BBC busted a company called Nationwide Auctions for pulling the same scam on watches called Belmar Geneve which had £6k prices printed on special catalogues.
Bid is doing this with a number of brands,Laurelle,Aquaswiss, Oskar Emil ect.
This is bogus price matching and it is certainly immoral and possibly illegal.
Does anyone have any ideas on how a complaint regarding this practice could be framed?

Mikey boy is flogging a very dodgy looking Oskar Enil watch tonight. It looks really cheap and nasty! From the description you'd think it was a Rolex instead of a cheaply made piece of Chinese rubbish!

Simon Davies disappointed me last night on the graveyard channel that is 665 Speed Auction. He was selling an Oskar Emil and suggested something along the lines that the watch 'is where Russian and German design meets'.

I didn't stick with the sale but he was having a dismal night earlier, he could barely sell any necklaces for 1p. Mind you they were like something you could win with one of those 'grab' machines at the fair, honestly.

Simon Davies disappointed me last night on the graveyard channel that is 665 Speed Auction. He was selling an Oskar Emil and suggested something along the lines that the watch 'is where Russian and German design meets'.
To be fair, that could be a valid description if the watch design does have Russian and German elements, even if it is constructed using the cheapest Chinese manufacturing that money can buy.

Latest posts

Back