Body lotions

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Calvin

Registered Shopper
I have been using Liz Earle Nourishing Body Cream for years now and love it, but the whopping £16.75 price tag is putting me off. Can anyone suggest a good body lotion that won't bankrupt me, please? I have *cough* middle-ages skin! (I'm 54...it needs to be good, as well as good-value!)

I have been really impressed with the Garnier 7 day moisturising lotion. It's often on offer and you need to double check prices as the larger bottle can be more expensive than two small ones. Full price it's about £3 for 260ml.

My favourite body lotion has always been Elemis but honestly the Garnier is much better. It's light but moisturising. Bear in mind that I don't like things like body butter as they're too heavy.

Superdrug have the Garnier on offer at the minute.

I've tried that too Tinks, quite like it. We have a Boyes store locally too and you can get no end of lotions & potions in there, most of which I've tried! I do like body butters, esp M & S or Body Shop, tho the latter are a bit pricey unless you get a good offer on. I've just tried ordinary E45 lotion too but I do like something that smells nice too.

I was shopping in Sainsbury's the other day and noticed some Mandara Spa bath and shower products at half price. I've seen the brand before on Timetospa and it's nasties free so thought l'd give it a go. I bought the amber heaven body butter (they also do a lotion) and some of their honey and almond hand wash and lotion at £2.50 each. The body butter is quite thick but very moisturising. Going back today to buy some of the lotion in another fragrance.

I like the Mandara Spa Honeymilk and something shower gel. The cream one if I've got the name wrong. It's one of my favourites. BUT the body lotion is too thick and sticky for me. I first bought both in a travel size to go in holiday with a couple of years ago. It took ages to sink in.

Haven't tried any other "flavours" from the range.

Champneys used to be in Sainsburys. Their rose and moisturising range are both very good. Both the shower gel and body lotion. I cannot for the life of me remember what the moisturising one is called. And I don't have any in my stash. It was Vitamiracle but I'm sure they changed the name.

You've got it right Tink, the honeymilk and almond lol. Thanks for the heads up about the lotion. I've loving their Amber Heaven flavour, quite heady which is unusual for me.

If you want to stick with the more natural route Jergens do great body lotions and they have ones for firming etc :)
they are sold in boots etc and a really good price. Although having looked at their website they seem to have added petrochemicals to their ingredient listing that they never had before boo :(

Don't Jergens do one that smells like cherries? I've used that in the past and liked it but bought the Garnier when I was on a bit of an economy drive and was so surprised by how good it is. I'm tempted to say "for the price" but actually its just really good. I bought Elemis again recently as a treat and I do love it and it smells divine but it isn't as good.

Another vote here for the Garnier 7 day one, I like the one with the shea butter in it. It is the best I have ever used and I have tried some of the most expensive ones.

As above I buy it when they have offers on in the supermarkets or boots - BOGOF or half price. Cheap as Chips.

I know it may not be a very good price but I do love the L'Occitane shea body lotion. Q do the 500ml size which I kept then refill the bottle with smaller sizes I get in sets in the sale in the stores or on their own website. It's the richest body lotion I have ever used. If you want richer but a bit cheaper then a body butter from m & s, the body shop, or even SBC (which I use and it's really good) does a good job and my skin is still soft after a whole day.

Latest posts

Back