£9.99p P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bluuuuddy hell, that's ridiculiculous!!!! I saw a bed set which involved quite a few hefty pieces charging £9.99 p&p, but flimsy t shirts...hopefully it's a mistake and not setting a precedent for the future. Mind you, might be a good thing, 'cause it would be a sure fire way to stop me buying so much rubbish from them, in fact it would probably stop me buying full stop!

"Well £7.99 is only 2 pound coins less"; that's how Peter Simon would sell the increase anyway :wink:

I always find it disgusting when they charge additional postage on top of their already over-the-top p&p, just because an item is deemed to be bulkier. A couple of weeks back when they were selling that electric bike, they tried to justify the extra p&p because it was a bigger item. However, they never bring the postage cost down when it's a small/light item they are delivering. How can it possibly cost £7.99 to send someone a pair of earrings?????

£7.99 postage on a dress ring (probably not worth a fiver) brought me out in a rash

Tonight wideboy Mikey sold a cheap looking fleece throw (average size and very thin looking) with two matching cushions (again, average size) and the p&p was £9.99!!!! How the hell can they getaway with charging 2 quid more than normal for something of minimal weight and size???? He had the audacity to say during the sale that he was 'giving back' a £10 voucher (that will be added to your Bid account) as a Valentine's Day gift. What a ****** cheek! :angry:

Tonight wideboy Mikey sold a cheap looking fleece throw (average size and very thin looking) with two matching cushions (again, average size) and the p&p was £9.99!!!! How the hell can they getaway with charging 2 quid more than normal for something of minimal weight and size???? He had the audacity to say during the sale that he was 'giving back' a £10 voucher (that will be added to your Bid account) as a Valentine's Day gift. What a ****** cheek! :angry:

But you can only spend the 'Free £10 Credit' in a 4 day window (24-28 February) on purchases of £10 & over, you must order by phone, it cannot be used on Easybuy and of course it cannot be used for P+P.

What odds they have an even bigger load of shite on sale during those 4 days, and loads and loads of items for less than £10?

They were flogging Blue Magic on Bid Plus yesterday with 'No UK P+P', trouble was it was going for £16.99 which is considerably more than I have regularly seen it sold for, and that's £5 more than on the website.

Last edited:
That £10 credit isn't worth the paper it's written on, as I know to my cost. I bought a couple of pairs of earrings for 1p, so they cost me £8. I ordered online to save myself the call charge. It was almost the end of January when I remembered that I hadn't received this credit in any way, shape or form. There was nothing indicated on my account page, and nothing came through the mail, or e-mail for that matter. Phone call to C/S = Kerching to them. Yes, your credit is available, all you have to do is order an item from the t.v, so that's your tenner down to £8.47, all the bargains (in the loosest sense of the word) 1p + £1 deals were only visible online, so unless you were prepared to watch the channel 24-7, it'd be highly unlikely that your free credit would buy you anything that didn't end up costing you money. I suppose it amounted to free p&p in the end - Whoopie do, but then there would probably be some unwritten clause that meant that wouldn't work out! They didn't mention to me that you had to buy something costing more than a tenner, but that was probably the stipulation.

Disgusting! It's all very well giving these offers, but fgs, give the customer the t's & c's in writing, and actually display it on their account. Hoping most people would forget no doubt and phone them, but as I said you pretty much had to phone them anyway to find out how the deal worked. Getting money on false pretences, I'd say. Very bad practice. And yes, in the end, I ended up not getting anything with my voucher. When I tuned in, there was nothing I wanted, and by the time I remembered it had turned February!

That £10 credit isn't worth the paper it's written on, as I know to my cost. I bought a couple of pairs of earrings for 1p, so they cost me £8. I ordered online to save myself the call charge. It was almost the end of January when I remembered that I hadn't received this credit in any way, shape or form. There was nothing indicated on my account page, and nothing came through the mail, or e-mail for that matter. Phone call to C/S = Kerching to them. Yes, your credit is available, all you have to do is order an item from the t.v, so that's your tenner down to £8.47, all the bargains (in the loosest sense of the word) 1p + £1 deals were only visible online, so unless you were prepared to watch the channel 24-7, it'd be highly unlikely that your free credit would buy you anything that didn't end up costing you money. I suppose it amounted to free p&p in the end - Whoopie do, but then there would probably be some unwritten clause that meant that wouldn't work out! They didn't mention to me that you had to buy something costing more than a tenner, but that was probably the stipulation.

Disgusting! It's all very well giving these offers, but fgs, give the customer the t's & c's in writing, and actually display it on their account. Hoping most people would forget no doubt and phone them, but as I said you pretty much had to phone them anyway to find out how the deal worked. Getting money on false pretences, I'd say. Very bad practice. And yes, in the end, I ended up not getting anything with my voucher. When I tuned in, there was nothing I wanted, and by the time I remembered it had turned February!

It's could easily be considered yet another shady tactic but hopefully people did read the T&C's last night.

In addition to my earlier post highlighting the shortcomings of this offer I wouldn't be surprised if anything decent is merely inflated in price, perhaps to the some of err, um...£10? But I bet you there are loads, and loads, and LOADS of sub £10 products on sale during those 4 days!

Horrible lot they are, and no mistake.

Last edited:
It's could easily be considered yet another shady tactic but hopefully people did read the T&C's last night.

In addition to my earlier post highlighting the shortcomings of this offer I wouldn't be surprised if anything decent is merely inflated in price, perhaps to the some of err, um...£10? But I bet you there are loads, and loads, and LOADS of sub £10 products on sale during those 4 days!

Horrible lot they are, and no mistake.

Then I'm wondering whether another ASA ruling is in the pipeline regarding this "offer". When I took them up on it a couple of months ago, they simply said buy anything before a certain date, and we'll put £10 credit in your account to spend during the following month. That's all that was said. The T's and C's weren't mentioned by the presenters, they weren't written anywhere on the website, I received nothing via e-mail, or post. In fact my account didn't even show up the "credit". I couldn't be arsed to complain,but I'm sure others may well have done. Yes, you're right, they can be a horrible lot!]

Last edited:
Then I'm wondering whether another ASA ruling is in the pipeline regarding this "offer". When I took them up on it a couple of months ago, they simply said buy anything before a certain date, and we'll put £10 credit in your account to spend during the following month. That's all that was said. The T's and C's weren't mentioned by the presenters, they weren't written anywhere on the website, I received nothing via e-mail, or post. In fact my account didn't even show up the "credit". I couldn't be arsed to complain,but I'm sure others may well have done. Yes, you're right, they can be a horrible lot!]

For this particular offer Mason clearly said full T&C's were on the website as did an on screen banner and indeed they are. Hopefully people did check, if they could. I cannot see anything to complain to the ASA about personally even if the offer is clearly a pile of crap. It could certainly be considered disingenuous though, at no time did I hear Mike mention the specific time window or purchase cost restriction. As far as i'm aware he merely said '£10 will be added to your Bid account for every purchase made until 0130 tomorrow' although i'm of course happy to retract that if he did indeed expand on it.

I did just hear Caroline Lyndsay say the £10 will be added to you account to spend at a (unspecified) further date.

http://www.bid.tv/PromotionsPage.aspx?Page=HELP-promotermsconditions

Last edited:

I've seen this items on sale recently - a fleece throw with 2 matching cushions - with £9.99 P&P (Sally Jackass even said 'it's only a couple of quid more than usual'!!)
Guy has just had them in his shift (and I'm sure they were the same) with the normal £7.99 P&P - hmmm, makes you wonder if they read our threads dunnit!! :wonder:

Latest posts

Back