James Russell Comes Clean.....ish!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tony73

Registered Shopper
Yes, while selling a Christian Lars watch last night, the 'king of spin' actually admitted that the great Mr Lars might not be that well known!!!! Yep, l heard with my own ears James admit that Christian Lars "is not available everywhere, so you may not have heard of him" :angel:

Seems like the pressure is on!

That's a good sign. I'm afraid that I switch over to another channel if he's on. I might stay and watch next time. The trouble with me is, that I'm not an avid watcher. Its something I watch when I'm ironing or waiting for a program on another station to start so I hardly know the new presenters, or the changes in the old one. Doubt there will be much improvement in St Peter Simon though

It's only because they have been told by the ASA to stop suggesting Mr Lars is real, the only place he exists is Lar Lar land.

Every single tiny little improvement has been forced on them.

I must admit it pleases me greatly to hear them have to mention the p&p, be more honest about the brands, not skimming over the fact something is gold plated and not gold. I dunno if they got any pleasure, as presenters by feeding us such a load of bullsh*t, after all, I guess they're just doing what the producers have asked them to do. It is a shame that they had to be forced to act like honest, responsible retails. I've seen an improvement in pretty much ALL of the presenters, except the disgusting Peter Simon. Why on earth does he have to keep giving as an exhaustive list of what the product is NOT? It's NOT Armani, its NOT prada, it's NOT Chanel.....He'd be better off just telling us what it IS, I swear he reeled off the name of about 10 different designers in one breath, when he was selling a Tommy and Kate Handbag!

They most certainly shouldn't let him go anywhere near food! The sight of him literally "going down" on a bowl of Yonanas, then emerging with a mixture of chocolate sauce and saliva dripping down his chin, made me feel like throwing up all over the carpet (would have probably looked more attractive!), and savaging a cooked chicken with his (hopefully clean) bare hands - gross!

And if his innuendos weren't unfunny enough, he gives that look to camera, as if to say...come on, I'm so funny aren't I, show some respect. Think they should pan onto something more interesting, like the floor!

Just watching the master BS'er selling compost and he joked that when you buy compost from Bid you know you are getting 100% compost unlike buying at your local supermarket where it may contain things like horsemeat. How great it must be to work for a company that would never knowingly pretend something is what it isn't. Say for example, buying cheaply made Chinese watches and trying to pass them off as high-end timepieces with years of heritage, or making up names of fashion designers and perfume makers, and again, pretending they are high end names on the verge of being sold in places like Debenhams and Macey's. No, of course that would never happen!

Those in glasshouses really shouldn't throw stones!

James is flogging Tanzanite right now. At the flick of a switch the lighting in the studio seemed to turn decidely blue.

You could see it on Helen's hands when she was first showing the rings although it seems to have lessened now, in fact you could see it on the side of Russells head!

They wouldn't be trying to accentuate the colour of the stones would they?

Last edited:
James is flogging Tanzanite right now. At the flick of a switch the lighting in the studio seemed to turn decidely blue.

You could see it on Helen's hands when she was first showing the rings although it seems to have lessened now, in fact you could see it on the side of Russells head!

They wouldn't be trying to accentuate the colour of the stones would they?
Someone really ought to pass that piece of information onto the ASA (or similar) as a matter of real urgency, especially given that it's really cheap tanzanite they're trying to flog (I switched off before the tanzanite sale started), therefore that trick wouldn't surprise me in the slightest even though that's a really serious accusation which would constitute outright fraud if true.

This lot really are shocking, aren't they?!?

Someone really ought to pass that piece of information onto the ASA (or similar) as a matter of real urgency, especially given that it's really cheap tanzanite they're trying to flog (I switched off before the tanzanite sale started), therefore that trick wouldn't surprise me in the slightest even though that's a really serious accusation which would constitute outright fraud if true.

This lot really are shocking, aren't they?!?

Have a look at him now, you can see the blue lighting on his face and head.

In fairness you cannot really see it on Helen's hand now though. Maybe it's just to set a mood or something.

It just seemed to happen the moment the Tanzanite came on although, again in fairness, they sometimes use green lighting when gardening products are on sale.

Last edited:
After Russell bigged up, and I really do mean bigged up, the DKNY watch right throughout his show (he said over and over again 'am I allowed to say it's bankrupt stock?') we finally got to it as his last item just before 10pm.

They didn't even have a quantity on screen but even at £69.99 (which was some £30 cheaper than I could find it for) he only sold 49. You could see he wasn't too pleased.

Watches don't seem to be doing as well as they once did.

Last edited:
After Russell bigged up, and I really do mean bigged up, the DKNY watch right throughout his show (he said over and over again 'am I allowed to say it's bankrupt stock?') we finally got to it as his last item just before 10pm.

They didn't even have a quantity on screen but even at £69.99 (which was some £30 cheaper than I could find it for) he only sold 49. You could see he wasn't too pleased.

Watches don't seem to be doing as well as they once did.

You do wonder whether too many people "out there in BidTv land" :wonder: have had their fingers burnt by buying these made-up heritage watches such as Christian Lars and Nautical Time, and now no longer trust buying anything, even when it is actually a name brand item.

Gener8 handheld vacuum.

Peter Simon: The yellow's not selling as well as the red and purple. I'm really surprised, I'd have gone for the yellow. Red and purple are now sold out, only yellow left.

Couple of hours later...

James Russell: The yellow always sells well, so if you want that one get in now!

Gener8 handheld vacuum.

Peter Simon: The yellow's not selling as well as the red and purple. I'm really surprised, I'd have gone for the yellow. Red and purple are now sold out, only yellow left.

Couple of hours later...

James Russell: The yellow always sells well, so if you want that one get in now!

He should be an estate agent. We are moving on Thursday. We didn't buy from the agent who sold our house and when he found out where we were moving to he said' Oh dear. You won't like it there. Its very isolated and you'll have a heck of a job getting into the city centre because of the traffic on the ring road.' We noticed in the paper this week, that he is now selling a house opposite our new one. This is his blurb ;In a much sort after location, a peaceful Close within easy reach of the city centre'!

You do wonder whether too many people "out there in BidTv land" :wonder: have had their fingers burnt by buying these made-up heritage watches such as Christian Lars and Nautical Time, and now no longer trust buying anything, even when it is actually a name brand item.

If i had needed a ladies watch i would have bought this

Cracking price and at least russell admitted it was bankrupt stock

For once if a smallish business had enough spare cash to buy some up it would have turned them a tidy enough profit over time

He was just selling a diamond ring, 9ct gold ring for £99. Not bad at all. Only 4 in the quantity though.

His first 'mistake' was he repeatedly said it was 1/2 a carat but then apologised and said 'it is actually 0.35ct so just over a third of a carat'. Actually it was 0.33ct. His defence was 'it looks like 1/2 carat'.

Then he strangely forgot it was on a different number, the lines were open for getting on for 2 minutes before he again apologised because he didn't realise it was on a different number, in fairness the correct number was on screen though but going by the slow take up for the ring it's seems maybe some people didn't realise.

Last edited:
He was just selling a diamond ring, 9ct gold ring for £99. Not bad at all. Only 4 in the quantity though.

His first 'mistake' was he repeatedly said it was 1/2 a carat but then apologised and said 'it is actually 0.35ct so just over a third of a carat'. Actually it was 0.33ct. His defence was 'it looks like 1/2 carat'.

Then he strangely forgot it was on a different number, the lines were open for getting on for 2 minutes before he again apologised because he didn't realise it was on a different number, in fairness the correct number was on screen though but going by the slow take up for the ring it's seems maybe some people didn't realise.

I was watching, nice ring, shame about the 'ring in' number

'My bad, my bad' is that modern speak for 'my mistake'?

Seems a bit sleepy to me, gawd help him in six weeks, when he won't be getting any :giggle:

He has just claimed the Yarvik comes with Microsoft Office built in, including full versions of Word, Excel and Powerpoint. He stressed they aren't trials like with some other products, you will never have to pay for them again.

Of course it dosen't. It actually comes with Mobisoft OfficeSuite which merely enables you to read documents created by Microsoft Office.

Sorry James but I feel obliged to pull you on that one lad, that's more than a slip of the tongue.

Last edited:
I was watching, nice ring, shame about the 'ring in' number

'My bad, my bad' is that modern speak for 'my mistake'?

Seems a bit sleepy to me, gawd help him in six weeks, when he won't be getting any :giggle:

He looks very sleepy, for a young guy he has terrible bags under his eyes.

James, might I politely suggest some snake serum? Or if that dosen't work :)grin:) maybe have a little chat with Peter Sherlock, he surely has the secret to a youthful look.

Latest posts

Back