Same old stuff -why can't IW sell more choice items?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Susie Wusie

Registered Shopper
Do not understand how QVC sells so many different brands of shoes, handbags, clothes, make up, jewellery, skin care etc etc and yet IW has very limited choice or none at all.
All we seem to get is the same old tat over and over again.
Really despair of IW and its market stall presenters.
:envy:

It's also because no manufacturer caring for it's brand's reputation would let their stuff within a mile of this bunch.

Eventually every house will have a Karcher and a hedge-trimmer set!

The same man keeps selling the pruners, but they are always a different make but look identical. In fact, he said he had his "own brand" from his "own factory" but probably just shipped in from China. The latest one I saw was the market-leading brand name though, contrary to what was said above. But I expect that came off the same Chinese production line too.

What about the Belling die cast mixer that's on at the moment. Isn't it exactly the same machine that was branded Grundig previously?

What about the Belling die cast mixer that's on at the moment. Isn't it exactly the same machine that was branded Grundig previously?

At first i thought it was the same as the grudig but tbf it has almost twice the power as the grundig version so i guess its a gd buy.

Eventually every house will have a Karcher and a hedge-trimmer set!

The same man keeps selling the pruners, but they are always a different make but look identical. In fact, he said he had his "own brand" from his "own factory" but probably just shipped in from China. The latest one I saw was the market-leading brand name though, contrary to what was said above. But I expect that came off the same Chinese production line too.

My neighbour bought the package which included hedge cutter and pruner etc, etc.

Branded Handy IIRC.

He knows his tools, and was very unimpressed with the power of the motor, and in particular, with the hedge trimmer performance.

He returned it for a refund, and saved me wasting time and money, as I'd been tempted for a while by the demos.

I bought one too, a few years ago, his "own make".

Some screws fell out with the vibration the first time I used it, and the hedge cutter almost came off the engine.

Sent it back, but I had to get Trading Standards involved because they wouldn't answer any emails, and I was not prepared to ring their premium rate number and probably be on hold for ages waiting for an answer.

At first i thought it was the same as the grudig but tbf it has almost twice the power as the grundig version so i guess its a gd buy.

Could be the same as the Grundig one just with a different motor and brand on it. Neither Belling or Grundig are known for food mixers. When I saw it I thought they had just used the Belling name to flog it as at least belling make cookers which are in the kitchen rather than Grundig who were better known to make TVs

I have made several purchases from IW and been happy with them, never had an issue with delivery either. Sadly I find the channel pretty boring nowadays. Chef Tony, Halogen, Tablets, Kenwood Mixers. It's all rather repetitive compared to QVC.

I must admit that the fitness shows are funny when Dave Bradford is on, what does he look like in his tracksuit bottoms? Ludicrous.

They don't help themselves either when they dedicate a whole day (or 2) to crafting. Admittedly, not everyone is interested in DIY, cleaning, kitchen products etc but at the same time there's a whole channel dedicated to crafting so why inflict it on people that aren't interested? :sleepy:

I don't understand why they have to have a whole craft event on Ideal World when they have the dedicated Create & Craft channel :sleepy:

I don't understand why they have to have a whole craft event on Ideal World when they have the dedicated Create & Craft channel :sleepy:

Totally agree its stupid. And alan im sure crafters can find the craft channel if there that interested

What makes me laugh is how these craft guest call themselves "experts"....experts in sticking pieces of card together ? :giggle:

We have also had a supplier on here, they reckoned that IW treated them abysmally, wanting to keep a large percentage of money back 'for returns' and giving them quite horrid terms. I personally have always said that manufacterers or distributers etc won't touch them with a barge pole as they a) wont sell 5 a month and b) get harsh harsh terms. You notice so many times that a brand starts with IW then jumps ship, I reckon they jump the very micro second QVC offer them a deal. Seriously, its only us die-hard few who keep posting here, how many new watchers do you think they get? Any sane person (apologies forum monkies) would switch on, watch the same product for longer than 15 minutes and think "hang on" which I hasten to add is exactly what Mr Cheesecake did when he spent an afternoon at mine, when the 2nd afternoon showing of the POTD came on he said "we've seen this already". Let alone the same POTD 5 times a day, for 5 hours a day, one day every week and a half. Good god, why can't I get the cartoon channel Boomerang anymore :(

I thought the same too, after a look at the Chinese trade suppliers wares, indeed they are similar, but not the same, probably each production run is purchased by the owner of the trade names, the names usually have a reputation behind them, so that is what makes them sell EG. "Oh I remember Belling, my mother used to have ......."
BTW the Chinese products are getting better, just like the Japanese stuff was cheap n nasty , early on...JMO

Latest posts

Back