Valentines Day

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Frazzled

Sense of humour intact
So who has got a lovely Valentines Day planned tomorrow, and what are you doing to be doing to make it special? - keep it clean!

I shall be dining alone and treating myself to a bar of chocolate :giggle: - I know how to live the good life! :rock:

I shall send and hopefully receive a card from the OH and might go out for a meal.

Well my OH is away with work, as he often is, but he will be back tomorrow night and we're going our to our favourite Chinese restaurant. I am pretty sure he's bought me a silver heart charm as I lost the one I wear on a bracelet recently. I wear the bracelet most days. But I could be wrong.

I've bought him his favourite aftershave and some Haribo. He's got a real passion for sweeties and he's still slim (git!!).

It'll just be lovely to have him home. He is usually away all week at the minute.

Such is the way of life - my husband's working crazy hours every day this week, so that messes up our Valentine plans.

So, for tomorrow, I got him a card, a Thornton's 'I Love You' chocolate plaque and some stupid blow-bubble solution that's supposed to create heart shaped bubbles. [Hmmm... not sure about the physics of that.]

Next week I want to spoil him rotten and treat him to a relaxed and special meal in our favourite restaurant.

Tomorrow we will exchange cards - and hopefully he will buy me a nice bunch of flowers. But we are not celebrating properly till the weekend when we have a trip to Bristol planned - the musical Oliver on Saturday evening and overnight in a nice hotel with a special package with a deluxe room, bubbly and chocolates.

we have a trip to Bristol planned - the musical Oliver on Saturday evening and overnight in a nice hotel with a special package with a deluxe room, bubbly and chocolates.

That particular production started life in Cardiff with Neil Morrissey [Men Behaving Badly] as Fagin, and he's back in it again.
It's very, very good, but of course the orphans steal the show every time. :smirk:

Look out for Bullseye the dog, because despite him acting all mean and doggy-tough, he's the softest, soppiest creature in real life. Have a brilliant time.

Have a lovely Valentine's Day, everyone.
I still secretly carry the memory of the one year when I was thrilled to bits to get multiple cards on Feb 14, and then had to act as though I didn't care a jot!

Last edited:
21 has asked us to go out so she can cook a romantic meal for the love of her life.
Himself huffed & puffed, but after I deposited a few words in his ear he decided we should leave the premises after all & even tried to make out he was compliant all the while lol.

21 has asked us to go out so she can cook a romantic meal for the love of her life.
Himself huffed & puffed, but after I deposited a few words in his ear he decided we should leave the premises after all & even tried to make out he was compliant all the while lol.

Perhaps he'll take the opportunity of wining and dining you somewhere romantic.

My youngest sister (Valerie) is 50 on Valentine's Day so I'll be popping over with her pressie,no plans for tomorrow evening as my hubby is really busy with work.

Hopefully,he'll have a nice pressie for me as I got him his favourite aftershave.

Then,on Saturday night we have Val's party to look forward to.

What started out as a small gathering of 'just us' has accelerated into a huge party with lots of friends & Val's in laws all coming to Dublin from Co Cork!

Can't wait!

DH and I don't really do Valentine's day, though we do cards. I'm 50 on the next thursday so we're staying over in Bristol, my son's at Uni there and though DD is coming with us she's dossing at DS's flat so we can enoy a hotel stay without her. Really looking forward to it - I love staying in hotels. DH stays in them all the time with work so it's less of a treat for him.

Happy brithday to your sister Marzy, it was a chilly winter to be born in. :cake:

Jude xx

That particular production started life in Cardiff with Neil Morrissey [Men Behaving Badly] as Fagin, and he's back in it again.
It's very, very good, but of course the orphans steal the show every time. :smirk:

Look out for Bullseye the dog, because despite him acting all mean and doggy-tough, he's the softest, soppiest creature in real life. Have a brilliant time.

Have a lovely Valentine's Day, everyone.
I still secretly carry the memory of the one year when I was thrilled to bits to get multiple cards on Feb 14, and then had to act as though I didn't care a jot!

Glad to hear it is good. I wasn't sure about it as a musical but decided to book some tickets a few weeks ago. Mainly to see Samantha Barks as we saw her in Cabaret a year or so ago and then in the Les Mis film. She is fantastic. Will look out for the dog.

I did get my card and flowers this morning :)

Hope you all had something nice.

Shocked and surprised, Mr Akimbo went to Sainsbury's last night (he was picking up DD from her friend's house so I 'd n't even know he'd been to the shops) and this morning gave me red roses and the dollface rednose day Lulu Guiness bag. Really touched because I didn't think he paid any attention when I talk handbags! And I hadn't planned to make a trip to Saino's to get one!

Jude xx

Well nowt, nothing here for me. My OH doesn't do Valentine's Day. I have previously moaned and pointed it out, but this
year i decided to say nothing so it has passed us by. Romance is dead here :(

shocked and surprised, mr akimbo went to sainsbury's last night (he was picking up dd from her friend's house so i 'd n't even know he'd been to the shops) and this morning gave me red roses and the dollface rednose day lulu guiness bag. Really touched because i didn't think he paid any attention when i talk handbags! And i hadn't planned to make a trip to saino's to get one!

Jude xx
what!

Latest posts

Back