£10 Valentine credit

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Greg

Registered Shopper
Sounds like a good deal. Simon Peter says it applies to multibuys too. So if you buy three items on multi-buy, you get £30 creditted back.

There's no catch is there? :wait:

Sounds like a good deal. Simon Peter says it applies to multibuys too. So if you buy three items on multi-buy, you get £30 creditted back.

There's no catch is there? :wait:

Well I guess we'll only know during the 4 day window you can 'spend' them.

Let's see what's on sale, and for how much. You cannot use them on items that cost less than £10 which rules out shed loads of Bid stuff right away (even £9.99 is a common price isn't it?). Hopefully they'll have some decent, more expensive products and at reasonably regular prices.

But I fear some type of 'clearance' during those 4 days.

Last edited:
There's bound to be! I don't think Sit up does anything purely for the customer, even if it's dressed up to look like it! It wouldn't hurt them, especially reputation wise (and they need all the help they can get) to reward the customer with something that'll they'll be able to use without it costing them extra. I think I'd rather have free postage and packaging and to be able to order online, instead of the promise of £10 which is immediately reduced to £8.47 before you've even chosen anything!

There's bound to be! I don't think Sit up does anything purely for the customer, even if it's dressed up to look like it! It wouldn't hurt them, especially reputation wise (and they need all the help they can get) to reward the customer with something that'll they'll be able to use without it costing them extra. I think I'd rather have free postage and packaging and to be able to order online, instead of the promise of £10 which is immediately reduced to £8.47 before you've even chosen anything!

To be honest common sense says the offer dosen't add up. They were giving a £10 voucher for absolutely loads of products that cost less than that.

I suspect there will also be a lot of very small items on sale during those 4 days that cost nowhere near £8 to post.

Well I guess we'll only know during the 4 day window you can 'spend' them.
From what little I saw of this, I never knew there was that restriction applied to the credit; only some vague reference to "T's & C's" mentioned at one point ("If you don't have a computer you can ask the operator to read them to you...") during a sale. Surely that sort of fundamental restriction ought to have been verbally mentioned by the presenter and displayed prominently on-screen during each sale just like they now have to do with postage and phone charges? To me at the time, it really did sound as if there was no catch related to this particular offer, which should have been highly suspicious in itself knowing their recent track record.

This truly deserves an ASA/Trading Standards complaint to be filed against them, though I'm not in a position to make such a complaint because you really have to have taken them up on this offer in order to properly complain about this sort of thing. Anyone out there willing to oblige?

From what little I saw of this, I never knew there was that restriction applied to the credit; only some vague reference to "T's & C's" mentioned at one point ("If you don't have a computer you can ask the operator to read them to you...") during a sale. Surely that sort of fundamental restriction ought to have been verbally mentioned by the presenter and displayed prominently on-screen during each sale just like they now have to do with postage and phone charges? To me at the time, it really did sound as if there was no catch related to this particular offer, which should have been highly suspicious in itself knowing their recent track record.

This truly deserves an ASA/Trading Standards complaint to be filed against them, though I'm not in a position to make such a complaint because you really have to have taken them up on this offer in order to properly complain about this sort of thing. Anyone out there willing to oblige?

It was eventually mentioned, several times. Some presenters were more specific than others but personally I did not hear one of them say it can only be used for products costing £10 or over though.

That's why i'm wondering if there will be some sort of 4 day clearance with lots of sub £10 products, maybe even £9.99. I hope not.

Last edited:
Wirral's right. The Ts and Cs are there on the website, but you really have to search for them. They're in the small print right at the bottom of the webpage, mixed in with the general terms and conditions about how bidding works etc. Now when I took this offer up a couple of months back, I expected them to be in a prominent position on the site, and at the very least something in my account to tell me that I had indeed, this £10 to spend with them. They most certainly didn't mention any clauses back then, so I (wrongly) presumed that I could order anything during January, by any means I liked, at any price and the £10 would either come off, or cover the entire bill. Like I said, I had to actually call India to find out how it worked, and after watching the channels for far too long trying to find something I wanted, I gave up, and ended up not using the voucher.

I don't think they've got anything to answer for, yes, the offer's complete pile of sh*t, and it might get a few customers to buy stuff they don't want so that they qualify for this, but now they've started verbally mentioning the clauses, I reckon they've covered their grubby backs!

Wirral's right. The Ts and Cs are there on the website, but you really have to search for them. They're in the small print right at the bottom of the webpage, mixed in with the general terms and conditions about how bidding works etc. Now when I took this offer up a couple of months back, I expected them to be in a prominent position on the site, and at the very least something in my account to tell me that I had indeed, this £10 to spend with them. They most certainly didn't mention any clauses back then, so I (wrongly) presumed that I could order anything during January, by any means I liked, at any price and the £10 would either come off, or cover the entire bill. Like I said, I had to actually call India to find out how it worked, and after watching the channels for far too long trying to find something I wanted, I gave up, and ended up not using the voucher.

I don't think they've got anything to answer for, yes, the offer's complete pile of sh*t, and it might get a few customers to buy stuff they don't want so that they qualify for this, but now they've started verbally mentioning the clauses, I reckon they've covered their grubby backs!

Indeed Merry, in my opinion they haven't done anything wrong. As usual it would be easy to consider them disingenuous at times but the T&C's are there.

Let's just hope they have some decent deals during the 4 days.

The £10 Credit offer is already back on Price Drop until Monday closedown. Similar terms apply except this time you can only spend them from 27 February - 4 March.

There must be a clearance on it's way!

Dear me. I'm laughing at this thread for all the wrong reasons.

As with all offers from nearly every retailer. Ever. Offers are always issued with conditions, there's always a little catch of some sort - any business that doesn't do this wont make money and thus forth would not exist, pay tax (schools/police), create jobs etc etc. Any advert has the T&Cs at the bottom of the page in the smallest font possible (except financial institutions).

What's hilarious here is that as special offers go, this was a very good one, a very generous one. Yes you can pick it apart and work out the GP of the products and pick about the conditions to work out how they will 'provide the offer without going bankrupt and increase sales which is the whole point of promotions'.

This channel couldn't sell you something free and send you a £50 note without getting flack.

Good channel, great deal, happy belated Valentines day x

Dear me. I'm laughing at this thread for all the wrong reasons.

As with all offers from nearly every retailer. Ever. Offers are always issued with conditions, there's always a little catch of some sort - any business that doesn't do this wont make money and thus forth would not exist, pay tax (schools/police), create jobs etc etc. Any advert has the T&Cs at the bottom of the page in the smallest font possible (except financial institutions).

What's hilarious here is that as special offers go, this was a very good one, a very generous one.
Yes you can pick it apart and work out the GP of the products and pick about the conditions to work out how they will 'provide the offer without going bankrupt and increase sales which is the whole point of promotions'.

This channel couldn't sell you something free and send you a £50 note without getting flack.

Good channel, great deal, happy belated Valentines day x

a) You're most certainly right there - That's hilarious!

b) You're wrong on this one though....I might even change my name to I love bid!

What's hilarious here is that as special offers go, this was a very good one, a very generous one.

You can't say that until you know what the prices are of the items you can use the vouchers on. I worked for a well known retail outlet whilst at uni and we would give vouchers out when a customer spent £50 (20% off next item they purchased over £40). That deal was in the January sales and the customers could only use theur vouchers in the first week of February.... once ofc the prices of most items had gone back up.

Price Drop are at it again with another '£10 credit' giveaway. The coma inducing Chris Birkett is highly excited at the offer, it's just a shame the punters probably wont be if it's anything like the last time you could 'spend' them.

And they are locking those phone lines again. I'd understand it for a low quantity diamond ring, maybe a TV, even an electrical kitchen appliance. But they are doing it with a set of gel socks and gloves that have 439 in the quantity.

Last edited:
Price Drop are at it again with another '£10 credit' giveaway. The coma inducing Chris Birkett is highly excited at the offer, it's just a shame the punters probably wont be if it's anything like the last time you could 'spend' them.

And they are locking those phone lines again. I'd understand it for a low quantity diamond ring, maybe a TV, even an electrical kitchen appliance. But they are doing it with a set of gel socks and gloves that have 439 in the quantity.

Why oh why would they do that? :confused2:

'£10 credit coming back atchya'

Last edited:
Why oh why would they do that? :confused2:

Lord knows Momma!

Frankenstein Birkett was flogging a sack of compost (£9.99 + £9.99 p+p). He reminded us of the 'free £10 credit' you would get and said you should think of that as paying for the p+p.

That is probably one of the most disingenuous comments I have ever heard a Sit Up stooge come out with. You can't use it for P+P, in fact as the product is usually £9.99 you cannot use the vouchers on it full stop when they become valid.

I think what he meant is you can offset the p+p cost with the voucher but as we all realised last week it isn't quite that simple is it?

Last edited:
Lord knows Momma!

Frankenstein Birkett was flogging a sack of compost (£9.99 + £9.99 p+p). He reminded us of the 'free £10 credit' you would get and said you should think of that as paying for the p+p.

That is probably one of the most disingenuous comments I have ever heard a Sit Up stooge come out with. You can't use it for P+P, in fact as the product is usually £9.99 you cannot use the vouchers on it full stop when they become valid.

I think what he meant is you can offset the p+p cost with the voucher but as we all realised last week it isn't quite that simple is it?

It's disgusting this. He keeps saying how things are selling out today, a very, very busy day today........because of this £10 credit!

It sounds really good but as we know it's a crock of carp, trying to spend the voucher is almost impossible.

Has he mentioned the time frame you have to spend it? I've not heard him say and can't find it on the website.

It's disgusting this. He keeps saying how things are selling out today, a very, very busy day today........because of this £10 credit!

It sounds really good but as we know it's a crock of carp, trying to spend the voucher is almost impossible.

Has he mentioned the time frame you have to spend it? I've not heard him say and can't find it on the website.

He hasn't mentioned the restrictions once, merely that T&C's are on the website which they are.

I cant watch him anymore, he is too offensive on the ears and eyes.

What makes him even more tiresome is he clearly thinks he is amusing. A crashing bore.

http://www.price-drop.tv/PromotionsPage.aspx?Page=HELP-promotermsconditions

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back