Bid is crap. They don't return my call to buy

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Greg

Registered Shopper
They are hopeless. I rang up to buy the Bear Constipation Release Machine (Yohanas) earlier this evening. And they haven't rung back! The first ever time I have tried to buy something from this goddam channel and they screw it up! :angry:

ok. They just rung up and I had just gone to sleep :sleepy:

I wonder if I will get this in one piece? :thinking:

When l ordered the Garmin SatNav last month they called me back at 02.20am!!!!! :sleepy:

ok. They just rung up and I had just gone to sleep :sleepy:

I wonder if I will get this in one piece? :thinking:

You might get a demo model, as "used" by Wayne! :rock:

That's it now Greg. Next it'll be worry angels, Kinkade pictures and egg cookers :smirk:

They are hopeless. I rang up to buy the Bear Constipation Release Machine (Yohanas) earlier this evening. And they haven't rung back! The first ever time I have tried to buy something from this goddam channel and they screw it up! :angry:

The 1p P+P also applied to online orders for live TV Auctions although I noticed not every product seemed to appear, Yonanas did earlier in the day though so you might have been able to avoid the wait for a callback which is a pain in the butt.

But they are dodgy buggers. They had an offer on Bid Plus for 12 x Panjaban Curry Sauces with 'no UK P+P' for £24.99 which is great value, however the exact same product is on Bid.tv for £17.99 & £7.99 P+P so obviously it's not really free P+P.

What annoys me is that is an absolutely great price anyway, why they feel the need to bullshit it's free P+P is beyond me. Clearly this is something we are going to see more and more of as they try to get around the ASA's rulings on being transparent.

They are shady when they don't even need to be, bizarre.

Last edited:
I think they're stuck in their preferred sales method of artificially deflating item prices and making up the difference on P+P.

They'll mess about with low/free postage while upping the item prices for limited products for limited periods, but seem terrified of just being up front with their pricing and getting shot of the overpriced P+P.

You might get a demo model, as "used" by Wayne! :rock:

That's it now Greg. Next it'll be worry angels, Kinkade pictures and egg cookers :smirk:

Enigma, you can be sure that I am not going to be buying the 'Painter of Shite' or Peter Simon's W*****g Angels! :dull:

But I bought this because I love fruit and the thought of frozen fruit dessert sounds tasty. You can't really get this machine anywhere cheaper. For once, Bid is offering a reasonable deal without the stupid extortionate P&P.

If the delivery gets messed or if there is anything wrong with this machine, you can be sure that I will let everyone know here!

I might even do a demonstration of it if it works....

I watched BS Russell demonstrating the Yonanas ice cream maker-thing yesterday, and whereas it looks quite good, you have to say it is ****** LOUD!!!!! You certainly don't want to be making any romantic late night ice cream for your loved one as you could end up with a visit from the Noise Abatement Society.

Latest posts

Back