Peter Sherlock talking a load of rubbish again

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Greg

Registered Shopper
What is this guy on? Trying to hype up a load of sh*te perfume again. I wish he would give up. To out bullsh*t Peter Simon is quite an achievement! :headbang:

What is this guy on? Trying to hype up a load of sh*te perfume again. I wish he would give up. To out bullsh*t Peter Simon is quite an achievement! :headbang:

Was it Laurelle or Jean Paul DuPont (soon to be on sale in Debenhams although, much like Mike Mason, I don't know if that's fact or not).

Much as I like him, I have to say that for me, I can get the branded perfumes much cheaper in town not to mention from cheapsmells. As for the ones I don't know, like most ladies, I wouldn't buy without testing them first. My husband is delighted that Channel No 5 smells like cats wee on me...:grin: he has saved a fortune. Just imagine if I had paid an arm and a leg for it on bid, put it on and found it didn't 'mix' with my skin.

I've got a similar problem, not the cat wee one, but my skin very rarely "holds" a scent, so even if I do find something I like, I do like to spray the tester and see how it lasts before I spend any money on it. Seriously, even some of the expensive fragrances, I can spray on, and within half and hour I can no longer smell them. I thought that it could be that I cant smell them, but I've asked other people to smell it on me and they say they can't either.

I did take a chance once, though and bought the Liz Taylor fragrances from the channel,and the staying power on those are all pretty good. The diamonds and Emeralds fragrance is particularly good, and actually my favourite. Just a warning folks, (I know scent is subjective), but I found the Diamonds and Rubies scent was NASTY, I dunno what it's supposed to smell of but it's really quite unplesant, but it was in a set with the diamonds and sapphires, which is really nice!

My partner likes to buy random perfumes she's not tried before (upto about £15-£20 range. A lot of them smell really nice for about an hour but then just disapear or give a zesty or citrus smell off which can be quite unpleasent. She keeps getting told by sales people that its just she can't smell them after an hour or so as like Merryone says she thought it could just be her, but her work collegues confirm they can't smell it either. It sems to be a bit of a selling technique to try push fragrances that don't hold their smell very long. I suppose its the reason why most stick to reputable brands.

Latest posts

Back