Multi-Purpose Ladder

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

could not quite believe this when happened live

was very funny and charlie handled it very well looked more than a bit painful :)

him and andy play of eachother well anyway

good viewing

yes, I did see it and couldn't quite believe my eyes!
poor Charlie, that's not what he needed when selling a product like that! but he coped very well under the circumstances, it must have smarted a bit!
and yes newtobid, the two of them play of each other very well but I like Andy Hodgson's sense of humour
that is definitely one of the best 'bloopers' I've seen for ages, one for the archives although it's probably one Charlie would rather forget!

Haha poor Charlie - credit to him for handling it well, and for Andy for keeping it funny.

I always think those multi-ladder things seem very shakey, the presenters usually look a bit nervous when demoing them. There's a few other bloopers I've seen (US) of TV presenters falling through/off them. Just buy it at 'ome!

My dad had a similar one to this, I remember it blew over in the wind and he was left dangling from the branch of the tree he was going to cut off lol. The light/thin ones aren't much good for outside imo.

I bought one a few years ago from Lidl but it is very scary standing on the platform even though it's only about 3ft high, it just feels so unstable

James Russell went arse-over-tit last night when he fell over a clothes dummy 'Live' on air. Absolutely hilarious! Hope it appears on YouTube as his ego took a major bashing! :giggle:

We bought a multi purpose ladder from a DIY quite a few years ago, but it looks nothing like this thing they are selling. My husband uses it regularly and it is invaluable for papering the drop on the stairs. We have a early Victorian house with high ceilings and very steep stairs. He's no light weight and has not fallen through or off it! Don't let this cheap (probably not in price though) and nasty bit of tat put you off buying a reputable one. They are safe and handy

James Russell went arse-over-tit last night when he fell over a clothes dummy 'Live' on air. Absolutely hilarious! Hope it appears on YouTube as his ego took a major bashing! :giggle:

now I wish I'd seen that! :grin:

The Bid flexible ladders look about a durable as a tin foil tray you get with a takeaway.

Flexible? Indeed they are, but in all the wrong ways.

Potentially downright dangerous if you ask me but i'd be very happy for Mike Mason to use them in my house for a spot of decorating.

Last edited:
There's absolutely no way I'd buy that ladder after seeing that happening! As hilarious as it was, I did actually see it live, it could have been a lot worse, and I mean a lot worse. People use these ladders in conjunction with power tools. It actually doesn't bear thinking about. Joking aside, they actually need to look into why that happened, was it put together properly, or was it just flimsy? The people who are potentially going to buy and use this product are necessarily going to be as young and as fit as Charlie, might not be able to bounce back and laugh about it! Old man with chainsaw...OMG!!!!!!

He was exremely luck that both legs went through the same opening. An inch the other way for one leg and he would have been almost castrated.

the thing is the ladder was barely selling

after the accident presumably through humour or something else they sold out within 3 minutes

strange old world

i have a very similar ladder that was probably similar in price. You have to be very precise with the placing of the "top bits" i do not wish to blame andy but i dont think they were slotted in correctly

the thing is the ladder was barely selling

after the accident presumably through humour or something else they sold out within 3 minutes

strange old world

i have a very similar ladder that was probably similar in price. You have to be very precise with the placing of the "top bits" i do not wish to blame andy but i dont think they were slotted in correctly

I don't think they were either. They didn't spend enough time making sure it was correctly positioned probably because it would make potential buyers think it was fiddly or hard to do. Everything should be made to look as easy and quick as possible and I notice how they blamed his shoes for not being the right footwear!

So, the ladder was perfectly ok but make sure you've got your non slip pumps on people :mysmilie_853:

and I notice how they blamed his shoes for not being the right footwear!

So, the ladder was perfectly ok but make sure you've got your non slip pumps on people :mysmilie_853:

Get yourself a pair of Dr Cringles before going anywhere near one of these death traps! :giggle:

It looks rubbish, no wonder so many no claim accidents claims with these ladders.

Noooo, please, no more threads involving insurance (health or otherwise!)
I refer you to 36 pages of 'AYs husband' over on the QVC pages
I can't take any more! :sad: :mysmilie_476:

Latest posts

Back