What's going on?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.

petpixie

Registered Shopper
I've noticed that many regular posters have now gone. It's very sad as they made a great contribution to this forum. I'm not sure why they've gone or what the problem is but it's very disconcerting to log on and see this. I hope whatever it is can be sorted out and they come back!

Unfortunately a few forum members seem to be dead set on causing trouble whenever they can and a thread that starts out light hearted and fun soon gets hi-jacked and used as an opportunity to snipe and score points against each other. They don't seem to care that it's spoiling it for everyone else (or perhaps that's their intention! ) so it's no wonder some have decided to show how they feel about it and have left.

This has to be stopped now before the forum is broken beyond repair !

Its why I have not bothered posting recently , we all have opinion's & were all entitled to air them , but I just dont fit in here so i will be asking for my membership to be deleted also

Its why I have not bothered posting recently , we all have opinion's & were all entitled to air them , but I just dont fit in here so i will be asking for my membership to be deleted also

Hi Madge65

Thats sad to hear. There are some great people on here and my opinion is that if someone posts what is obviously aimed at **** stiring then we should treat them appropriately and dont fuel their fires, they will soon get fed up. I know that everyone is entitled to voice their opinion but there is a difference between that and blatantly causing trouble.

Hope you can think again but if its what you want to do then all the best

I stay well clear of any trouble. I hate it and lets the forum down imo. Like you Madge65 I considered not bothering with this forum anymore, but I do love the chit chat and opinions about products and afterall it is a shopping channel forum. I will continue in my small way to chit chat and be selective in what I participate in and hope you will reconsider leaving Madge65, it would be a shame to lose you.

I stay well clear of any trouble. I hate it and lets the forum down imo. Like you Madge65 I considered not bothering with this forum anymore, but I do love the chit chat and opinions about products and afterall it is a shopping channel forum. I will continue in my small way to chit chat and be selective in what I participate in and hope you will reconsider leaving Madge65, it would be a shame to lose you.

Well said and I like you read most posts but dont always participate (even if I have an opinion). I suppose its like life really, its mostly good (if youre lucky) but sometimes you encounter people who are downright nasty. These people I tend to walk away from before I get too involved as believe or not I can sometimes open my gob and get myself into bother

If the FM's that have enjoyed the forum leave... then imho the shite stirrers have won. We can let them upset us or we can carry on and ignore them...I think we have a good idea who are hell bent on causing trouble...just my two pennyworth.

I would like to "like" the above posts but the button has disappeared

Madge if you leave that'll be really sad and those that are intent on causing trouble win, we can't let that happen there are more of us than them! This is the only forum I'm a member of so I don't know if this sort of thing occurs regularly or not I just hope it'll settle down again once the stirrers get bored!

I agree with Yorko that we shouldn't feed them and if people leave they'll think they have some sort of power and control over us and that's exactly what they're after. I think we should ignore any post they hi-jack rather as you would a child having a tantrum !

Madge if you leave that'll be really sad and those that are intent on causing trouble win, we can't let that happen there are more of us than them! This is the only forum I'm a member of so I don't know if this sort of thing occurs regularly or not I just hope it'll settle down again once the stirrers get bored!

I agree with Yorko that we shouldn't feed them and if people leave they'll think they have some sort of power and control over us and that's exactly what they're after. I think we should ignore any post they hi-jack rather as you would a child having a tantrum !

I agree!
Have we convinced you to stay Madge65?

I must be totally out of the loop as I have no idea who the supposed 'sh** stirrers' are. I don't understand any of this and why have the like buttons gone?

Well I was saddened last night by the events on here.I don't always post but I do read the threads. I stopped thanking and liking last night even though I agreed with some of it because others seem to see it as taking sides. I for one was sad to see a frequent poster gone and do hope she re-considers. I do miss the like / thanks button as I also used it if I agreed with what was been said but didn't comment. Hope you re-consider too madge.

Me too, but graham apparently removed it because of the trouble.

So the **** stirers have won a small victory then? An example of the minority spoiling it for the majority. Im not bothered if people hit "like" when I post, although its nice, but dont think Id be unduly upset if I got a "dislike" I may ask why it was disliked if it wasnt obvious (but I dont believe I would knowing say something openly offensive) but otherwise it wouldnt really bother me

And to some extent even us discussing the situation here and now fuels their fires and possibly to their small minds makes them even more important !

And to some extent even us discussing the situation here and now fuels their fires and possibly to their small minds makes them even more important !

Yes you could be right but lets face it that says more about them than us.

I feel a conspiricy theory coming on. It could be Q presenters incognito infultrating the enemy camp like a trojan horse with just one aim. To destroy the good people of Shopping Telly Forum world at all costs.

I really must go back to work soon before I completely crack up:taphead:

I've no idea who the **** stirrers are and I don't want to know. The like and dislike buttons were removed by Graham as they were causing factions/cliques to form.

Graham made a decision to remove the thanks/like/dislike buttons for now, they may or may not return but for now he felt it best to try and allow things to calm down.

Over the years there has been issues when people have disagreed had some spats and it has led to people stopping posting, people leaving etc...that is forum life and things always settle down again.

Graham doesn't allow leaving threads and talking about people deciding to return is not appropriate either.

Graham did say last night he was going to review threads today so for now I am going to close the threads discussing the forum as at the end of the day it is Graham's forum and for him to decide.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back