Sally Jacks and her 'considered purchase' drivel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wirral70

Registered Shopper
Has anyone noticed the amount of times Sally claims the upcoming product (phones locked of course) will be a considered purchase but when it comes to the price it's invariably anything but?

She has just done it again with a ****** plastic handbag which went for £39.96 and 4 x easybuy. Hardly a considered purchase, I have seen it happen with products for as little as £15 too.

She just said there's another one coming up at 4.45pm for a bracelet that is £34.99 on the website (see link). I'm not for one moment saying £35-£40 is peanuts but I think she is laying the 'considered' thing on a bit thick. And the Mondi jumper she is selling now is guess what? Answers on a postcard (it went for £36.99).

But get this guys, Sally just said, direct quote:- 'Mondi is incredibly high end, NOW NOT THIS MONDI BECAUSE THIS IS... URMM... LIMITED EDITION, LIMITED STOCK JUST EXCLUSIVELY FOR BID TV but Mondi has been sold in Harrods'

You said it Sally.

http://store.bid.tv/bidtv/Barbara-Biemme-Gold-and-Black-Murano-Stretch-Bracelet/PS130577/ProductDetail.raction

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed the amount of times Sally claims the upcoming product (phones locked of course) will be a considered purchase but when it comes to the price it's invariably anything but?

She has just done it again with a ****** plastic handbag which went for £39.96 and 4 x easybuy. Hardly a considered purchase, I have seen it happen with products for as little as £15 too.

She just said there's another one coming up at 4.45pm for a bracelet that is £34.99 on the website. I'm not for one moment saying £35-£40 is peanuts but I think she is laying the 'considered' thing on a bit thick. And the Mondi jumper she is selling now is guess what? Answers on a postcard (it went for £39.95).

http://store.bid.tv/bidtv/Barbara-Biemme-Gold-and-Black-Murano-Stretch-Bracelet/PS130577/ProductDetail.raction

I have noticed the 'easybuy' option is getting more common for 'considered purchases' that are not

I have noticed the 'easybuy' option is getting more common for 'considered purchases' that are not

I couldn't believe what she said about Mondi. We all know on here that the Mondi of today is nothing whatsoever to do with the Mondi of old that was indeed on sale in Harrods but i'm surprised she virtually admitted it!

Surely every purchase is a considered one these days?
Is it worth it...? can I get it cheaper elsewhere? Is it easy to return it...?

Surely every purchase is a considered one these days?
Is it worth it...? can I get it cheaper elsewhere? Is it easy to return it...?

Particularly every purchase from Sit Up which should be considered very, very carefully!

Lovely Nicola has a bag coming up and she's just said that 'it is going to be more expensive because of the leather'

They must have come up with this in a meeting. I've not heard them say 'what price are you thinking?' lately. Maybe this is a new tactic to make it more surprisingly affordable than what they lead you to believe.

Lovely Nicola has a bag coming up and she's just said that 'it is going to be more expensive because of the leather'

They must have come up with this in a meeting. I've not heard them say 'what price are you thinking?' lately. Maybe this is a new tactic to make it more surprisingly affordable than what they lead you to believe.

I suspect you're probably right Momma.

Add that to Dodgy Peter's 'it's not a INSERT ANY EXPENSIVE BRAND' and it's kinda clear they have had a meeting to invent their next sly ruse. I'm mulling over whether the Peter Simon trick is worthy of raising with the ASA. I can see no reason to say it when there's an on screen caption and an oral description of the ACTUAL brand.

Add that to the fact that Sit Up never sell any of those brands (Chloe, Mulberry) and one could easily conclude it's a deceptive sales technique.

Last edited:
I suspect you're probably right Momma.

Add that to Dodgy Peter's 'it's not a INSERT ANY EXPENSIVE BRAND' and it's kinda clear they have had a meeting to invent their next sly ruse. I'm mulling over whether the Peter Simon trick is worthy of raising with the ASA. I can see no reason to say it when there's an on screen caption and an oral description of the ACTUAL brand.

Add that to the fact that Sit Up never sell any of those brands and one could easily conclude it's a deceptive sales technique.

Totally agree with you Wirral.

He is obviously trying to say that the bag is similar to the designer make but not with the pricetag, that we can see through without doubt. Again it's a sneaky practice. Like you say, Bid never sell Chloe, Mulberry etc. so why mention them, we know it's not.

Add to that his sidekick Helen, who did herself no favours imo, saying that she had messages asking if this bag was Mulberry etc. is just laughable.

Totally agree with you Wirral.

He is obviously trying to say that the bag is similar to the designer make but not with the pricetag, that we can see through without doubt. Again it's a sneaky practice. Like you say, Bid never sell Chloe, Mulberry etc. so why mention them, we know it's not.

Add to that his sidekick Helen, who did herself no favours imo, saying that she had messages asking if this bag was Mulberry etc. is just laughable.

It saddens me to say it but Helen is fast turning into a Georgesque, Lindsayesque character. Such a shame, she probably wants her own show after her xmas late night stint.

I'll be keeping an eye on Peter Simon with his handbags, much more of it and i'm definitely contacting the ASA. To even mention those brands is, as you say, laughable.

They won't be laughing if they don't cut it out. Absolutely hideous tactic.

It's like they've only just noticed that bags are a huge selling item and are really laying it on thick. They are literally 'putting them on a pedestal' and bigging them up, cue Peter Simon almost crying over The Berkeley

It's like they've only just noticed that bags are a huge selling item and are really laying it on thick. They are literally 'putting them on a pedestal' and bigging them up, cue Peter Simon almost crying over The Berkeley

I'd guess there's a big mark up on the bags, clearly they are mostly all cheap, generic imports. They probably cost them less than they charge for P+P, seriously.

I honestly think these rulings are hitting them and they are just coming up with new tactics. I cannot wait to see what's on sale during the days the vouchers are valid.

The grey bag coming up, they also have on ebay at the moment for £53. It's a T&K one. Wonder if she'll mention that? Peter Simon seems not to mention them lately.

Pure shysters, they just cannot be straight with us.

Latest posts

Back